Upcoming Walks

    Message 1 of 73 , Aug 3, 2012
      8/11/2012
      City / State: Bellevue, WA
      Event Name: Lakemont Neighborhoods and trails
      Event Type: Guided Walk
      Event ID: 93106
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K - 2B
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Walking America's Trails
      Start Times: 8:30am finish by 11:30am/3:30pm finish by 6:30pm
      Location: Lewis Creek Park
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 5808 Lakemont Blvd SE Bellevue.
      East on I-90 to Exit 13 (Lakemont Blvd). Right to SE Newport Way. Right
      on Lakemont Blvd, Continue 2.0 miles to Lewis Creek Park on your left.
      Left to first parking area.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: This guided walk has 2 start times. You may start with the
      group at either 8:30am or 3:30pm
      Host Club: Interlaken Trailblazers Volkssport Club
      Contact: S.Moats (425) 235-0528
      Website: www.interlakentrailblazers.org
      E-Mail Contact: atthepond3@...

      Y0189, Langus Riverfront Park is closed for the season. The City of
      Everett is doing maintenance and construction work on it until the end
      of Oct. and since this is a seasonal walk that we close the end of Sept.
      it is also not available as a YRE. Spencer Island is not accessible
      since the riverfront park is the access. I noted Cancelled on the AVA
      website.
      ---
      Y1855 - City of Snohomish
      Y1173 - Centennial Trail - Snohomish
      The grocery store where the start box is located for these two YREs has
      changed its name from Top Foods to Haggen's.

      ======
      2012 NW Regional Volkssport Conference
      August 15-19 - Camp Berachah in Auburn, WA
      http://2012nwregionvolkssportconference.weebly.com/

      Join our Facebook Group
      http://www.facebook.com/WalkWashington

      Follow Me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/walkoflife70
      ======

      2012 NW Regional Volkssport Conference
      August 15-19 - Camp Berachah in Auburn, WA
      http://2012nwregionvolkssportconference.weebly.com/
      2012 Northwest Regional Conference
      Additional Lodging Options and conference due dates approaching
      NOTE: Registrations will be available at the ESVA Meeting on July 21 in
      Camas.
      Registration time will be closing soon for our NW Regional Conference.
      We are working with Camp Berachah and are adding more choices for
      Lodging options as not all the rooms are booked. In addition to the 4
      day package we are offering the following:
      Single Rate:
      (number of meals varies depending on the night you select)
      1 night (3 meals) $102.00
      2 nights (5-6 meals) 204.00
      Double Rate per person:
      1 night (3 meals) $75.00
      2 nights (5-6 meals) 150.00
      Triple rate - contact registrar
      Registration for conference is available till 8-1-2012 (Conf patch may
      not be available)
      Discount ticket for Gondola is available till 7-25-2012
      Discount ticket for NW Trek is available till 7-25-2012
      Discount ticket for NW Trek/Barbecue is available till 7-25-2012
      Bus Tickets are sold out
      Uncut patches are sold out

      8/15/2012
      City / State: Puyallup, WA
      Event Name: Wednesday Morning Chapman Trail Walk
      Event Type: Guided Walk
      Event ID: 92747
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K - 1A
      neighborhoods, and Heritage Sports Complex. ESVA Challenges: Mountains,
      County Parks.
      Amenities: Strollers: easy | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Walking America's Trails
      Start Times: 9:30 AM
      Location: South Hill Park
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 8601 144th St. E. From I-5: Exit
      #127 (Puyallup/SR 512). Take first Puyallup exit/ 94th Ave. E. Right on
      94th Ave. E. to 144th St. E. Right on 144th St. E. Right on 86th Ave. E.
      Immediate right into parking lot. From Renton/I-405: Take SR 167 south
      (exit #2). Exit onto SR 512. Take Eatonville/SR 161 exit. Left at top of
      exit to Meridian/SR 161. Right on 144th St. E. Right on 86th Ave. E.
      Immediate right into parking lot.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: The guided walk will start at 9:30 am so please allow time
      ahead of that to register. Dogs must be on leash.
      Host Club: Daffodil Valley Volkssport Assn.
      Contact: Carolyn Warhol (253) 845-6592
      Website: www.ava.org/clubs/dvva
      E-Mail Contact: jcwarhol@...

      8/15/2012
      City / State: Vancouver, WA
      Event Name: Burnt Bridge Trail
      Event Type: Guided Walk
      Event ID: 93003
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5 and 10 km - 1A
      Creek and on local sidewalks.
      Amenities: Strollers: | Wheelchairs: | Pets: | Restrooms:
      Special Programs: Rainbow Color-Named Places
      Start Times: 9:30 am
      Location: Jim Parsley Community Center, 2901 Falk Road
      Start Point / Driving Directions: From I- 5 take SR 500 exit east to
      Falk Road (42nd Ave) and turn right. Continue past the school to
      Plomondon Street. Turn left on Plomondon Street to end of building on
      your left at first stop sign. At stop sign, turn left into the parking lot.
      From I-205 take SR-500 west to Falk Road (42nd Ave) and turn left on
      Falk Road to Plomondon. Left on Plomondon to end of building on your
      left. Left at stop sign into parking lot.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: This is a group walk. Please register from 9 am to 9:20 am
      so that you will be able to leave at 9:30.
      Host Club: Vancouver USA Volkssporters
      Contact: Dick Baker (360) 991-8806
      Website: www.vancouverusavolkssporters.org
      E-Mail Contact: dickbkr@...

      8/16/2012
      City / State: Eatonville, WA
      Event Name: A Walk in the Park
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92913
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10k and 5k - 1B
      shoulders through the park viewing native wildlife in its natural
      setting. Strollers will have difficulty on 10k route. 5k trail suitable
      for strollers and wheelchairs
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: No |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 9am to 2pm/Finish by 5pm
      Location: Northwest Trek Wildlife Park
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 11610 Trek Dr Ea
      I-5: Exit #127(SR512) east to SR161 (So Hill/Eatonville exit) RIGHT
      (south) on SR161. Follow Northwest Trek signs to the Park (appox 22
      miles from I-5) SR167: South to SR512 (Puyallup/Olympia exit) to SR161.
      Continue as above.
      Awards & Fees: A Award
      Comments: This is the first event of the NW Regional Conference.
      Pets NOT permitted in the park. Service animals must be approved by Park
      Personnel. Water, restrooms and food at the start/finish. Water at the
      checkpoint.
      Host Club: Over-The-Hill-Gang Volkssport Club
      Contact: Diane Wagner (253) 875-3064
      Website: No Website Listed
      E-Mail Contact: dianeswagner@...

      8/17/2012
      City / State: Crystal Mountain, WA
      Event Name: Crystal Mountain Hike
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92517
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10 K - 4D
      resort. I-5 Southbound: exit #142(SR18) to Auburn, second exit. Follow
      SR164 to Enumclaw to US410, turn left and proceed as above.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: No | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 10:00am - 1:00pm / finish by 6:00pm
      Location: Crystal Mountain Resort for a unique approach to an alpine
      hike which begins by riding thd new gondala (modest fee) to the summit
      house at 6,868 feet. From there the hike descends 2,518 feet offering
      spectacular views of Mt. Rainier, through neadows or be
      Start Point / Driving Directions: Crystal Mountain Ski Resourt, on
      US Highway 410, From I-5 Northbound: exit #127(SR512) to US410 east past
      Enumclaw for 33 miles. Just before the Mt Rainier National Park entrance
      sign turn
      Awards & Fees: A Award
      Comments: This is the first of five club hosted events being offered
      at the 2012 Northwest Regional Conference being hosted by the Evergreen
      State Volkssport Association.
      Host Club: Four-Plus Foolhardy Folks
      Contact: Raymon Fauerbach (206) 595-9697
      Website: www.fourplushikers.org
      E-Mail Contact: ray.cpa@...

      8/18/2012
      City / State: Tacoma, WA
      Event Name: NW Regional Conference Tacoma Waterfront Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92480
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10km/5km - 2A
      Foss Waterway, past the Tacoma Dome, the new LeMay Car Museum, Tacoma
      Art Museum, WA History Museum, Museum of Glass, Fireman's Park and the
      Federal Courthouse, former Union Train Station. Freight House Square is
      100 yr old landmark terminus for the Milwaukee Railroad with many shops
      and eateries. Bring your camera.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Classic Movie Theaters Cinemas, Grist Mills,
      Hooray for Hollywood, Liberty Bell, Murals
      Start Times: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Finish by 4 p.m.
      Location: Freighthouse Square
      Start Point / Driving Directions: Freighthouse Square 2501 East D
      Street, Tacoma.
      From I-5 (North or South) Take Exit 133 toward 705 N. WA-7 S/City
      Center. Follow signs for East 26th St/Tacoma Dome. Left onto East D St.
      Right onto East 25th St. Free parking in the Tacoma Dome Station parking
      garage on E. 25th.
      Awards & Fees: A Award
      Comments: Water and restrooms at Start/Finish and along the route.
      Pets permitted but not in building(s).
      ESVA CHALLENGE: City Parks, Fountains, Murals, Art Galleries, Statues,
      Mountain, Clock Towers
      Host Club: Evergreen Wanderers
      Contact: Chuck Repik (253) 582-7474
      Website: evergreenwanderers.homestead.com
      E-Mail Contact: rmneumann@...

      8/18/2012 - 8/19/2012
      City / State: Auburn, WA
      Event Name: NW Regional Conference Swim
      Event Type: Swim
      Event ID: 92795
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 300 meters - 1A
      ranges from a depth of 3 feet to 9 1/2 feet. Thirteen pool lengths
      equals 300 meters. Event credit only.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: No | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: Saturday 1- 4:30 pm; Sunday 10 am - 1:30 pm
      Location: Camp Berachah
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 19830 SE 328th Place. From I-5:
      take exit for Highway 18 East (Auburn / North Bend). Drive East on
      Highway 18 six miles. Take Auburn-Black Diamond Road Exit. At end of
      off-ramp, turn right at the stop sign. Continue on Auburn-Black Diamond
      Road 6 miles. Turn right at stop sign merging onto SE Auburn-Black
      Diamond Road. Go 1/2 mile, then turn left onto SE 328th Place. Follow to
      end into camp. From I-405: Drive south on Interstate 405 (I-405) to
      Renton. Take exit #2 for Highway 167 South (Kent/Auburn). Continue south
      on Highway 167 through Kent & Auburn. Take exit onto Highway 18 East.
      Continue from Highway 18 East (see above directions).
      Awards & Fees: A Award
      Comments: You may get the patch award as a single "swim patch" for
      $9 or as part of the entire entity of all conference events for $8.
      Bring your own towel.
      Host Club: Daffodil Valley Volkssport Assn.
      Contact: Carolyn Warhol (253) 845-6592
      Website: www.ava.org/clubs/dvva
      E-Mail Contact: jcwarhol@...

      8/19/2012
      City / State: Auburn, WA
      Event Name: The Community at Camp Berachah
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 91448
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5K, 10K - 2C
      along a meandering stream. Walk will also take participants into
      surrounding neighborhood.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: No |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 9:00 A.M.-1:00 PM
      Location: Camp Berachah Hillside Lodge 19830 SE 328th Place Auburn,
      WA 98092
      Start Point / Driving Directions: Camp Berachah, Hillside Lodge
      From I-5, take exit for Highway 18, eastbound. Drive east on Hwy 18 for
      six miles. Take Auburn-Black Diamond Road exit. Turn right at stop sign
      at end of off ramp. Continue on Auburn Black Diamond Road for 6 miles.
      Take right at stop merging with SE Auburn-Black Diamond Road. After 1/2
      mile, turn left onto SE 328th Place. Follow road into main entrance of camp.
      Awards & Fees: A Award
      Comments: Water and restrooms at astart/finish and along the trail.
      Dogs not allowed. Ok for strollers with some difficulty. Not accessible
      for wheelchairs.
      Host Club: Sea-Tac Volkssports Club
      Contact: Fran Carson (206) 788-7969
      Website: www.esva.org
      E-Mail Contact: francarson@...

      8/23/2012
      City / State: Bellevue, WA
      Event Name: Roller Coaster
      Event Type: Guided Walk
      Event ID: 93130
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K - 2C
      hidden forest in the city.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Baseball Walks, Walking America's Trails
      Start Times: 9:30AM finish by 11:30AM, 5:30PM Finish by 8:30PM
      Location: Wilburton Hill Park, Bellevue
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 12400 Main St Bellevue
      I-405 North, Exit 12. Stay left at "Y". At stoplight turn Left to 116
      Ave SE. Right uphill on SE 1st St. Right on Main St. Parking lot is on
      the right.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: This guided walk has 2 start times. You may start at
      9:30am or 5:30pm
      Host Club: Interlaken Trailblazers Volkssport Club
      Contact: S.Moats (425) 235-0528
      Website: www.interlakentrailblazers.org
      E-Mail Contact: atthepond3@...

      ===================
      How to Find Washington Walking Events and Clubs
      http://walking.about.com/od/eventswalks/a/washingtonwalks.htm

      ===================

      Subscribe to The Northwest Pathfinder
      Full event information for Washington and Oregon events, bimonthly - 6
      issues a year.
      The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING FORM
      $12.00 USA / $15.00 Foreign Mail ~ in US Dollars
      Allow up to EIGHT WEEKS for FIRST ISSUE

      PLEASE PUT ME ON The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING LIST:

      Name: ___________________________________________________________

      Address: _______________________________________________________

      City:_______________________ State: _________ Country: _________

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable to Northwest Pathfinder and mail to:

      Northwest Pathfinder
      PO Box 3332
      Albany, OR 97321

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)
      Message 73 of 73 , Mar 20
        Walk the World with Walking Adventures International!
        Offering walking tours on all 7 continents.
        Join us for a journey through Eastern Europe on the Danube River Cruise.
        Featuring walks and activities in Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia,
        Hungary, Slovakia , and Austria.
        Walking Adventures International
        http://www.walkingadventures.com
        Contact us at 800.779.0353 or
        fun@...
        ==
        3/28/2015
        City / State: Samammish, WA
        Event Name: Exploring Sammamish Plateau
        Event Type: Guided Walk
        Event ID: 101476
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 6K/10K - 2B
        Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: No | Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
        Start Times: Register by 9:15am to start group walk at 9:30am
        Location: Beaver Lake Park
        Start Point / Driving Directions: 2526 244th Ave SE, Sammamish, WA
        From Issaquah / I-90 Take exit #15.Turn left and go over the freeway
        onto the Renton/Issaquah Road, which becomes SE 56th Street.Follow to E
        Lake Sammamish Pkwy.At the signal, turn left onto E. Lake Sammamish
        Pkwy. Continue one mile. Right to SE 43rd Way, which becomes SE 228th Ave.
        Continue about 1.5 miles to SE 24th Street.Turn right at intersection of
        SE 24th and continue following signs to Beaver Lake Park.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments:
        Host Club: Interlaken Trailblazers Volkssport Club
        Contact: Don Whitt (425) 968-2342
        Website: www.interlakentrailblazers.org
        E-Mail Contact: whittdj@...

        ===
        WalkWashington Facebook Page
        https://www.facebook.com/WalkWashington
        ==

        4/4/2015
        City / State: Federal Way, WA
        Event Name: Annual Easter Walk
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 98943
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10K - 1B
        the 500-acre park-like Weyerhaeuser International Headquarters campus,
        into the Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden and through the Pacific
        Rim Bonsai Collection.
        Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Honoring Our Flag, Lakes and Reservoirs, Trekking
        With the Trees
        Start Times: 9 am - 12 noon, finish by 3
        Location: Weyerhaeuser Headquarters, Federal Way, WA
        Start Point / Driving Directions: Weyerhaeuser Corporate Headquarters.
        I-5: Exit #142A. NORTHBOUND RIGHT/SOUTHBOUND LEFT on SR18E toward
        Auburn. Take Weyerhaeuser Way S (first exit to RIGHT). LEFT on
        Weyerhaeuser Way S through roundabout to Weyerhaeuser Road (first LEFT
        toward Weyerhaeuser Corporate Headquarters). RIGHT into Visitor Parking
        Lot. Follow signs to start point.
        Awards & Fees: A Award
        Comments: Water and restrooms near start/finish. Pets permitted, but
        NOT in building(s) OR in the Botanical and Bonsai Gardens. A
        multi-colored, 100% embroidered patch of the entrance to the
        Weyerhaeuser Headquarters Building designed by Dorman Batson is $9.00.
        30 AVAILABLE. NO REORDERS. Credit only is $3.00. Free participants are
        welcome, but all must register, carry, and return a start card. If you
        wish to pre-register for the award, you may do so by making check
        payable and mailing to: Emerald City Wanderers, c/o Dave Madsen, 1112 NW
        61st St., Seattle, WA 98107. Envelopes should be postmarked no later
        than March 30th
        Host Club: Emerald City Wanderers
        Contact: Preston Johnson (253) 839-1892
        Website: www.walkingwithecw.org
        E-Mail Contact: eldercounselor@...

        4/11/2015
        City / State: Burlington, WA
        Event Name: Skagit Valley At Tulip Time
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 98874
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10K - 1A
        original downtown area of Burlington. The 10K checkpoint is at the
        restored train station. Burlington is approximately 5 miles from the
        tulip fields and display gardens.
        Amenities: Strollers: | Wheelchairs: | Pets: | Restrooms:
        Special Programs: Amphitheatres, Animal Safari, Food For Thought,
        Fraternal Organization, Honoring Our Flag, National Register of Historic
        Places, Trekking With the Trees, Volcanoes, You'll Never Walk Alone
        Start Times: 8 am - 11 am. Finish by 2 pm.
        Location: Skagit River Park
        Start Point / Driving Directions: Skagit River Park, 1100 S. Skagit
        St., Burlington, WA 98233. DIRECTIONS: I-5 - From the south, take exit
        229, right at top of ramp. Cont. on Geo. Hopper Rd until it curves to
        the left and becomes Port Dr. Right at Pease Rd. and continue as it
        curves to the left and becomes S. Anacortes St. Right on E, Gilkey to S.
        Skagit St. Turn right into the Park. I-5 from the north: exit 229 and
        turn left at top of ramp. Continue as above.
        Awards & Fees: ZZ
        Comments: AVA: Walking USA A-Z, Food for Thought, Volcanos,
        Ampitheater, Animal Safari, National Register of Historic Places,
        Fraternal Organizations, Murals, Trekking with Trees, Never Walk Alone,
        Honoring our Flag. Washington Challenges: City Parks, Restaurants, Clubs
        and Skagit County, Womb to Tomb: Church.
        Host Club: NW Tulip Trekkers
        Contact: Joseph L Pepia (360) 899-5311
        Website: www.nwtrekkers.org
        E-Mail Contact: pepia46@...

        9-digit Zip: ____________

        Checks made payable to: The Northwest Pathfinder
        Send to: The Northwest Pathfinder
        4430 S 263rd Street
        Kent WA 98032

        (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)