Lake Bay

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2012
      7/7/2012
      City / State: Lake Bay, WA
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92739
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10 K - 1A
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Start Times: 8:00 AM
      Location: Penrose Point (parking lot)
      http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=Penrose%20Point
      Start Point / Driving Directions:
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Host Club: Key Peninsula Volkssport
      Contact: Neal Van Der Voorn (253) 857-3655
      E-Mail Contact: nealvandervoorn@...

      Y0189, Langus Riverfront Park is closed for the season. The City of
      Everett is doing maintenance and construction work on it until the end
      of Oct. and since this is a seasonal walk that we close the end of Sept.
      it is also not available as a YRE. Spencer Island is not accessible
      since the riverfront park is the access. I noted Cancelled on the AVA
      website.
      ---
      Y1855 - City of Snohomish
      Y1173 - Centennial Trail - Snohomish
      The grocery store where the start box is located for these two YREs has
      changed its name from Top Foods to Haggen's.

      ======
      2012 NW Regional Volkssport Conference
      August 15-19 - Camp Berachah in Auburn, WA
      http://2012nwregionvolkssportconference.weebly.com/

      Join our Facebook Group
      http://www.facebook.com/WalkWashington

      Follow Me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/walkoflife70
      ======

      7/14/2012
      City / State: Tacoma, WA
      Event Name: Swan Creek Park and Salishan Treasures
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92915
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 6k/10k - 1B
      You'll walk through the forest, through empty streets in the park that
      once made up a housing development, and into the walkable Salishan
      Neighborhood redevelopment that began in 2004 with public art, charming
      craftsman homes, pocket parks and green space, and low-impact
      development. WSC: City Parks, County Park.
      Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 8am - 1pm, finish by 4pm
      Location: Salishan Family Investment Center
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 1724 East 44th St, Tacoma, WA
      98404I-5 SB: Exit 135, Left on Portland Ave 1.5 miles. Left on E 44th
      St. Destination on right.I-5 NB: Exit 130, So. 56th St. Keep right to
      take East ramp onto S 56th St 2.4 miles. Left onto E. Portland Ave.
      Right onto E 44th St. Destination on right.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Water and restrooms at the start and checkpoint.
      Host Club: Daffodil Valley Volkssport Assn.
      Contact: Nancy Wittenberg (253) 841-0580
      Website: www.ava.org/clubs/dvva
      E-Mail Contact: nwittenberg@...

      7/18/2012
      City / State: Puyallup, WA
      Event Name: Wednesday Morning Puyallup Walk
      Event Type: Guided Walk
      Event ID: 92746
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K - 1A
      along Meeker Creek. ESVA Challenges: Art Galleries, Statues, Mountains,
      Valleys, Clock Towers, City Parks.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Carnegie Libraries, Classic Movie Theaters
      Cinemas, Main Street, Murals
      Start Times: 9:30 AM
      Location: Clark's Creek Park
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 1800 12th Ave. SW. From I-5: Take
      Puyallup/SR 512 exit #127. Take 3rd Puyallup exit at the Fairgrounds.
      Right onto Meridian. Up hill to first light. Right on 15th Ave. SW.
      Right onto 14th St. SW. Left onto 12th Ave. SW into Clark's Creek Park
      parking lot. From I-405: Take SR 167 south (exit #2). Exit onto SR 512.
      Take 2nd Puyallup exit (Meridian St. S/Fairgrounds). Left onto Meridian
      to 2nd light. Follow above directions.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: The guided walk will start at 9:30 am so please allow time
      ahead of that to register. Dogs must be on leash.
      Host Club: Daffodil Valley Volkssport Assn.
      Contact: Carolyn Warhol (253) 845-6592
      Website: www.ava.org/clubs/dvva
      E-Mail Contact: jcwarhol@...

      7/21/2012
      City / State: Camas, WA
      Event Name: Camas History Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92656
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 6 km / 10 km - 2B
      Trail, Crown Park, and vintage hilltop neighborhoods with Mt. Hood
      views. Walk ends through historic downtown Camas, with its quaint
      tree-lined streets, park-like setting, shops, and art galleries. A
      written history narrative will be available and historical drawings
      painted on downtown streets. Surfaces include sidewalks, paved paths,
      and packed natural dirt trail. One long set of steps down on 10km route
      only. Strollers may have difficulty. NOT suitable for wheelchairs. NOTE:
      No pets allowed in cemetery, but it is easily bypassed.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Bakeries Family Owned, Classic Movie Theaters
      Cinemas, Diners, Main Street, Murals, Rainbow Color-Named Places, WPA
      Works Projects Administration
      Start Times: 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.; Finish by 4 p.m.
      Location: Zion Lutheran Church
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 824 NE 4th Avenue. From I-5 or
      I-205, take SR-14 East, then Exit 12, 6th Avenue. RIGHT on Adams, which
      curves LEFT into NE 3rd Avenue. LEFT on NE Garfield (traffic light),
      RIGHT on NE 4th Avenue, then RIGHT into parking lot in middle of block.
      Registration will be in social hall at SW corner of lot. Volkswalk signs
      will be posted.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: This is AWW's 20th Anniversary walk. Refreshments will be
      served. We are pleased to host the Evergreen State Volkssport
      Association (ESVA) quarterly meeting at 1 p.m., located at the Zion
      Lutheran Church start point. All are welcome to attend.
      Host Club: All Weather Walkers
      Contact: Jan Breneman (360) 835-9686
      Website: www.AllWeatherWalkers.org
      E-Mail Contact: breneman@...

      7/26/2012
      City / State: Issaquah, WA
      Event Name: Tradition Lake Thursday Trek
      Event Type: Guided Walk
      Event ID: 93104
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K - 2B
      group at 9:30am and 6:00pm. Please arrive 30 minutes before to sign in.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Walking America's Trails
      Start Times: 9:30am, finish by 12:30pm/6:00pm, finish by 9:00pm
      Location: Parking lot at Issaquah Trails Clubhouse
      Start Point / Driving Directions: First and Bush St Issaquah, WA
      Eastbound on I-90, Exit 17 (Front St) Right on Front St to Bush St. Left
      on Bush. Enter parking lot on the left after passing 1st St. Look for
      our group.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: This is a group walk although walkers will progress at
      different speeds. Club members will be leading off the walk and
      "sweeping" at the end to provide a safe walking opportunity for all.
      Host Club: Interlaken Trailblazers Volkssport Club
      Contact: S.Moats (425) 235-0528
      Website: www.interlakentrailblazers.org
      E-Mail Contact: atthepond3@...

      7/28/2012
      City / State: Port Angeles, WA
      Event Name: Arts in Action Volkswalk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 90155
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5km/10km/21km - 1A
      Park with more than 125 works of art, past historic buildings downtown,
      and the Arts in Action Festival. Also walk on the Discovery Trail along
      the Strait. There are moderate hills and stairs.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Honoring Law Enforcement, Murals, Walking
      America's Trails
      Start Times: 8 AM to 12 PM; 21 K walkers 8 AM to 10 AM
      Location: Fine Arts Center, 1203 E Lauridsen Blvd.
      Start Point / Driving Directions: Fine Arts Center, 1203 E Lauridsen
      Blvd.
      Driving Directions: US101E toward Port Angeles. Keep RIGHT at fork
      (first light in Port Angeles). Fine Arts Center one mile on LEFT. Free
      parking along both sides of E Lauridsen Blvd.
      US101W toward Port Angeles. LEFT on N Ennis St. RIGHT on E 5th St. Sharp
      LEFT on Liberty St. RIGHT on E Lauridsen Blvd. Fine Arts Center on RIGHT.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Enjoy the annual NorWester Rotarys Arts in Action Festival
      and Sand Sculpture Contest being held July 27-29th at the City Pier with
      live music and select vendors. (Note: $1 admission to Sand Sculpture
      Exhibit).
      Host Club: Olympic Peninsula Explorers
      Contact: Kay Peters/Billie Moore (360) 457-5117
      Website: www.olympus.net/community/ope
      E-Mail Contact: opepresident@...

      7/28/2012
      City / State: Tumwater, WA
      Event Name: Senior Games Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92414
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10 K w/ 5K option - 1B
      and commercial areas of Tumwater. Wheelchairs may have difficulty.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Honoring Law Enforcement
      Start Times: 9:00AM - 1:00PM
      Location: 2012 Senior Games Walk.
      Start Point / Driving Directions: Start is at the Tumwater High
      School stadium, south entrance 700 Israel Rd. SW, Tumwater, WA. This
      event is jointly sponsored by the Capitol Volkssport Club and the Puget
      Sound Senior Games. From I-5, Exit 101: Northbound, turn Right;
      Southbound turn Left on Tumwater Blvd. SW. Left on Linderson Way SW.
      Right on Israel Rd SW. Left just past the Tumwater High School building
      into the parking lot behind the main building. Additional parking is
      available in the school lot at the corner of Linderson Way SW. and
      Israel Rd. SW.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Pets are not allowed in the stadium complex. Provisions
      will be made to accommodate dogs on leash.
      Washington State Challenges: Thurston County, All Clubs, Clock Tower,
      Fire Station, Forest, Mountains, Post Office
      Host Club: Capitol Volkssport Club
      Contact: Jim Younkins (360) 357-9185
      Website: www.capitolvolkssportclub.org
      E-Mail Contact: jcyounkins@...

      7/28/2012
      City / State: Renton, WA
      Event Name: IKEA Renton River Days
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92388
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 6K 10K 20K - 1A
      through IKEA Renton River Days Festival.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Bakeries Family Owned, Main Street, Murals, WPA
      Works Projects Administration
      Start Times: 7:30AM-10:00AM
      Location: Renton Senior Center Patio
      Start Point / Driving Directions: Parking at Renton Memorial Stadium
      405 Logan Ave N. I-405 From the North: Take I-405 Exit #5. Turn Right
      following Park Ave down the hill. As the road passes The Landing
      Shopping area the name changes to Logan Ave N. Continue on Logan to
      Renton Memorial Stadium for parking. From the South: Take I-405
      northbound to Exit #5. Turn Left to Park Ave N. and go down the hill. As
      the road passes by The Landing Shopping area the name changes to Logan
      Ave N. Continue on Logan to Renton Memorial Stadium for parking.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: 20K walkers need to start by 8:30am
      Host Club: Interlaken Trailblazers Volkssport Club
      Contact: Sharon L Moats (425) 235-0528
      Website: www.interlakentrailblazers.org
      E-Mail Contact: atthepond3@...

      8/1/2012
      City / State: Bellevue, WA
      Event Name: Wednesday Trek Art and Parks
      Event Type: Guided Walk
      Event ID: 93105
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K - 1A
      waterfront parks, wonderful artwork and explore downtown Bellevue.
      Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Honoring Law Enforcement, Main Street
      Start Times: 9:30am finish by 12:30pm. 6:00pm. Finish by 9:00p
      Location: Hidden Valley Sport Park
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 1905 112TH AVE NE Bellevue, WA
      I-405 North - Exit 13. Keep left to NE 8th ramp. Right on NE 8th. Right
      on 112th Ave SE to 1905 112th Ave NE. Left into first parking area at
      baseball fields. I-405 South - Exit 13B. Right on NE 8th. Continue as
      above to park.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments:
      Host Club: Interlaken Trailblazers Volkssport Club
      Contact: Sharon Moats (425) 235-0528
      Website: www.interlakentrailblazers.org
      E-Mail Contact: atthepond3@...

      ===================
      How to Find Washington Walking Events and Clubs
      http://walking.about.com/od/eventswalks/a/washingtonwalks.htm

      ===================

      Subscribe to The Northwest Pathfinder
      Full event information for Washington and Oregon events, bimonthly - 6
      issues a year.
      The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING FORM
      $12.00 USA / $15.00 Foreign Mail ~ in US Dollars
      Allow up to EIGHT WEEKS for FIRST ISSUE

      PLEASE PUT ME ON The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING LIST:

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable to Northwest Pathfinder and mail to:

      Northwest Pathfinder
      PO Box 3332
      Albany, OR 97321

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)