Cle Elum Ski and Snowshoe - vote for top YRE

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2012
      CLE ELUM January 7 & 8, 2012 Cross Country Ski & Snowshoe
      IVV CREDIT ONLY
      EVENT NUMBER: 90835 Snowshoe
      90836 Cross Country Ski
      SPONSORS: Evergreen Wanderers, Iron Horse Inn
      LOCATION: Iron Horse Inn, 525 Marie Ave, South Cle Elum, WA
      DISTANCE: 10km (6.2 miles)
      START TIME: 8:00 am - 1:00pm (SAT)
      8:00 am - NOON (SUN)
      FINISH TIME: 4:00 pm (SAT)
      3:00 pm (SUN)
      TRAIL:Rated 1. CROSS COUNTRY SKI
      Ski on level Iron Horse Trail past the old power house station, along
      Tilman Creek and the Cle Elum and Yakima Rivers. An outstanding
      beginner's ski trail.
      Rated 1. SNOWSHOE Walk on level Iron Horse Trail East past two pond with
      great views of Cle Elum Valley. A nice and easy trail.
      AWARD: Credit only is $3.00. All must register, carry, and return start
      card.
      MISC: Water and restrooms at start/finish.
      Many of the Evergreen Wanderers will be staying at the Iron Horse B & B.
      Join us.....
      For lodging information call the Iron Horse Inn (509)674-5939 or
      Washington and Oregon call 1-800-228-9246 www.IRONHORSEINNBB.COM
      POINT OF CONTACT:
      Evergreen Wanderer President and trail master, Chuck Repik - (253)582-7474.
      Email: CREPIK@...
      DIRECTIONS:
      I-90 Eastbound: Exit #84 (Cle Elum/S Cle Elum). Exit ramp crosses over
      I-90 and becomes 1st St. West.At bottom of hill turn RIGHT at the
      Information Center (corner of 1st St W and S Cle Elum Way). Continue 5
      blocks and turn RIGHT on Madison St. LEFT on 6th St as it becomes Marie
      Ave to Iron Horse Inn.
      I-90 Westbound: Exit RIGHT onto Oakes Ave. LEFT on 1st St West. LEFT at
      Information Center. Continue as above.
      http://evergreenwanderers.homestead.com/SKI.html

      ===========
      Vote for the Top Walks of 2011
      We have 50 nominees and now you get to vote on the best year-round or
      seasonal walk in the USA.
      You can vote for your six favorite walks, through Jan. 14.
      http://walking.about.com/od/beginners/l/bltoptenvote.htm

      Join our Facebook Group
      http://www.facebook.com/WalkWashington

      Follow Me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/walkoflife70

      =========================

      2/4/2012 - 2/5/2012
      City / State: Eatonville, WA
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92367
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5K, 10K -
      Location: Northwest Trek, 1110 Trek Drive East, Eatonville, WA
      Host Club: Four-Plus Foolhardy Folks
      Contact: Don Swab (253) 531-2796
      Website: www.fourplushikers.org
      E-Mail Contact: swabdl98@...
      Saturday Start time: 9am-1:00 pm Finish by: 4:00 pm
      Sunday Start time: 9am-12:00 pm Finish by: 3:00 pm
      Distance: 10 km (6.2 miles), rated 1A
      05 km (3.1 miles), rated 1A
      A 2 Km wheelchair route will be available
      Contact: Don Swab (253) 531-2796 or email
      Trail Rating:
      Sweetwater Trail: 1B
      Park trails: 1A
      Challenges: Pierce County; All Clubs; Forests, Statues, Parks
      Awards & Fees: A 100% embroidered traditional Four-Plus Foolhardy Folks
      style patch of a snowy owl, designed by Dorman Batson, is $8.00. Only 75
      patches are available and there will be no reorders. To pre-register for
      patch, use this form and mail in time to be received by January 24th.
      Credit only is $3.00. Free participants are welcome, but MUST register,
      carry, and return a start card.
      Hatpin: “B” hatpins available.
      Miscellaneous: Water, restrooms, and food at start/finish. Water at
      checkpoint. Pets are NOT permitted in the park! Service animals must be
      approved by park personnel.
      Directions I-5: exit #127 (SR512) east to SR161 (South Hill/Eatonville).
      RIGHT (south) on SR161: Follow Northwest Trek signs to park (22 miles
      from I-5).
      From SR167: South to SR512 (Puyallup/Olympia) to SR161 exit. Left on
      SR161 and continue as above.
      http://fourplushikers.org/upcomingwalks/upcoming_index_files/Page359.htm

      ===================
      How to Find Washington Walking Events and Clubs
      http://walking.about.com/od/eventswalks/a/washingtonwalks.htm

      ===================

      Subscribe to The Northwest Pathfinder
      Full event information for Washington and Oregon events, bimonthly - 6
      issues a year.
      The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING FORM
      $12.00 USA / $15.00 Foreign Mail ~ in US Dollars
      Allow up to EIGHT WEEKS for FIRST ISSUE

      PLEASE PUT ME ON The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING LIST:

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable to Northwest Pathfinder and mail to:

      Northwest Pathfinder
      PO Box 3332
      Albany, OR 97321

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)