CLE ELUM Cross Country Ski & Snowshoe

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2011
      CLE ELUM January 8 & 9, 2011 Cross Country Ski & Snowshoe
      IVV CREDIT ONLY
      EVENT NUMBER: 88979 Snowshoe
      88978 Cross Country Ski
      SPONSORS: Evergreen Wanderers, Iron Horse Inn
      LOCATION: Iron Horse Inn, 525 Marie Ave, South Cle Elum, WA
      DISTANCE: 10km (6.2 miles)
      START TIME: 8:00 am - 1:00pm (SAT)
      8:00 am - NOON (SUN)
      FINISH TIME: 4:00 pm (SAT)
      3:00 pm (SUN)
      TRAIL:
      Rated 1. CROSS COUNTRY SKI Ski on level Iron Horse Trail past the old
      powerhouse station, along Tilman Creek and the Cle Elum and Yakima
      Rivers. An outstanding beginner's ski trail.
      Rated 1. SNOWSHOE Walk on level Iron Horse Trail East past two pond
      with great views of Cle Elum Valley. A nice and easy trail.
      AWARD: Credit only is $3.00. All must register, carry, and
      return start card.
      MISC: Water and restrooms at start/finish.
      Many of the Evergreen Wanderers will be staying at the Iron Horse B & B.
      Join us.....
      For lodging information call the Iron Horse Inn (509)674-5939 or
      Washington and Oregon call 1-800-228-9246 www.IRONHORSEINNBB.COM
      POINT OF CONTACT:
      Evergreen Wanderer President and trail master, Chuck Repik - (253)582-7474.
      Email: CREPIK@...
      DIRECTIONS: I-90 Eastbound: Exit #84 (Cle Elum/S Cle Elum). Exit ramp
      crosses over I-90 and becomes 1st St. West.
      At bottom of hill turn RIGHT at the Information Center (corner of 1st
      St W and S Cle Elum Way).
      Continue 5 blocks and turn RIGHT on Madison St. LEFT on 6th St as it
      becomes Marie Ave to Iron Horse Inn.
      I-90 Westbound: Exit RIGHT onto Oakes Ave. LEFT on 1st St West. LEFT
      at Information Center. Continue as above.
      Website: www.evergreenwanderers.homestead.com

      ==========================

      WalkWashington Sponsors (more events below)

      Join our Facebook Group
      http://www.facebook.com/WalkWashington

      Follow Me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/walkoflife70

      Walking and Volkssport Logos on Gifts and T-shirts:
      http://www.cafepress.com/walkshop
      ===========================

      1/15/2011
      City / State: Puyallup, WA
      Event Name: Nathan Chapman Trail Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 89431
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5K/10K - 1
      through South Hill Park, Heritage Recreational Sports Complex and nearby
      woods, the water pipeline trail and quiet neighborhoods.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Classifications: This event doesn't have any special
      classifications assigned.
      Start Times: 9 am to 1 pm
      Location: Elim Evangelical Free Church
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 9421 128th St. E. From I-5, take exit
      #127 (Puyallup/SR 512). Take the first Puyallup exit/ 94th Ave E. RIGHT
      on 94th Ave E. to 128th St. Church is on the left. From Renton/I-405,
      Take SR 167 (Exit 2). Exit onto SR 512 near Puyallup. Take Eatonville/SR
      161 exit. LEFT at top of exit onto Meridian. RIGHT at 128th St. to
      Church on right.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments:
      Host Club: Daffodil Valley Volkssport Assn.
      Contact: Nancy Wittenberg (253) 841-0580
      Website: www.ava.org/clubs/dvva
      E-Mail Contact: nwittenberg@...

      2/5/2011 - 2/6/2011
      City / State: Eatonville, WA
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 89379
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5K, 10K -
      Northwest Trek Wildlife Park
      Host Club: Four-Plus Foolhardy Folks
      Contact: Don Swab (253) 531-2796
      Website: www.fourplushikers.org
      E-Mail Contact: swabdl98@...

      ===================

      How to Find Washington Walking Events and Clubs
      http://walking.about.com/od/eventswalks/a/washingtonwalks.htm

      Discovery Walk Festival April 9, 2011
      Single day walk-bike-2 swims
      http://www.discoverywalk.org

      Victoria BC Phoenix Festival Apr. 15-17, 2011
      Victora BC Canada
      http://www.vvpf.ca/

      Vancouver USA Marathon, Half Marathon, 5K
      Inaugural Event June, 2011!
      Volkssport sanctioned
      7-hr time limit for marathon
      http://www.vancouverusamarathon.com

      ===================

      Subscribe to The Northwest Pathfinder
      Full event information for Washington and Oregon events, bimonthly - 6
      issues a year.
      The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING FORM
      $12.00 USA / $15.00 Foreign Mail ~ in US Dollars
      Allow up to EIGHT WEEKS for FIRST ISSUE

      PLEASE PUT ME ON The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING LIST:

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable to Northwest Pathfinder and mail to:

      Northwest Pathfinder
      PO Box 3332
      Albany, OR 97321

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)