Portland Marathon and Mayor's Walk

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2010
      10/10/2010
      City / State: Portland, OR
      Event Name: Portland Marathon/Half Marathon and Mayor's Walk
      Event ID: 86546
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K, 21K, 42K - 2
      Amenities: Strollers: easy | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: No |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Start Times: Marathon=7AM
      Location: Portland Hilton Hotel, 921 SW Sixth Ave, Portland, Oregon
      Pre-registration required www.portlandmarathon.org Packet pick-up and
      AVA registration 10-8 and 10-9
      Start Point / Driving Directions: portlandmarathon@...
      Awards & Fees: B Award
      Comments: Entries for marathon and half marathon are sold out except
      for charity entries. See web site. Fees for Marathon are $135.
      Host Club: Oregon Trail State Volkssport Assn.
      Contact: Rozy Weatherby (541) 926-7890
      Website: http://www.portlandmarathon.org
      E-Mail Contact: otsva@...

      ==========================

      WalkWashington Sponsors (more events below)

      Fall Adventure Previews
      DON'T FORGET TO RSVP!
      We'd love to see you at our Fall Adventure Previews!
      FEATURING details on NEW 2011 Adventures, travel prizes, and chance to
      meet some of the WAI Team! We’ll host a Seattle Area Preview on October
      16 and a Portland Area Preview on November 6.
      Follow the link for more details on the Fall Adventure Previews:
      http://www.walkingadventures.com/#s3
      PLEASE RSVP! Contact us at 800 779 0353 or fun@....
      Walking Adventures International * PO Box 871000 * Vancouver WA 98687 *
      www.walkingadventures.com * 800.779.0353 * fun@...

      US FreedomWalk Festival® 2010
      Friday, October 22 - Sunday, October 24, 2010
      Arlington, VA
      http://www.usfreedomwalk.org/

      Vancouver USA Marathon, Half Marathon, 5K
      Inaugural Event June, 2011!
      Volkssport sanctioned
      7-hr time limit for marathon
      http://www.vancouverusamarathon.com

      Join our Facebook Group
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Walking/43317488621

      Follow Me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/walkoflife70

      Walking and Volkssport Logos on Gifts and T-shirts:
      http://www.cafepress.com/walkshop
      ===========================

      10/16/2010
      City / State: Orting, WA
      Event Name: An Autumn Stroll in Orting
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 85772
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K / 5K - 1+
      Foothills Trail, and throughout town.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Classifications: Firehouses, Historic Churches, Honoring Law
      Enforcement, Railroad Heritage, Riverwalk America, Veteran Memorials
      Start Times: 8:00 am - 1: 00 pm
      Location: Orting Station / City Park
      Start Point / Driving Directions: Washington Ave. N (SR 162) and
      Calistoga St. E. From I-5: Take Puyallup/SR 512 exit #127 towards
      Puyallup. At the end of SR 512 stay to the right and follow signs to
      Sumner/SR 410. Take 2nd Sumner exit. Right onto Orting Highway/SR 162.
      Orting Station will be on right in center of town.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: ESVA Challenges: Murals, Mountains, Valleys. Parking
      available on the street and in the city park lots.
      Host Club: Daffodil Valley Volkssport Assn.
      Contact: Carolyn Warhol (253) 845-6592
      Website: www.ava.org/clubs/dvva
      E-Mail Contact: jcwarhol@...

      10/23/2010
      City / State: Seattle, WA
      Event Name:
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 86522
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10/12 -
      Location: Magnolia United Methodist Church, 2836 – 34th W., Seattle, WA
      Host Club: FS Family Wanderers
      Contact: Natalie Bumgardner (206) 938-0438
      Website: www.ava.org/clubs/FSFamilyWanderers
      E-Mail Contact: natalie.bumgardner@...

      10/30/2010
      City / State: Moulton Falls, WA
      Event Name: How to enjoy a Fall Day
      Event Type: Guided Walk
      Event ID: 89388
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5k or 10k - 1+
      Amenities: Strollers: easy | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Classifications: This event doesn't have any special
      classifications assigned.
      Start Times: 11 a.m.
      Location: Moulton Falls
      Start Point / Driving Directions: From I-5 N and S. Take exit 9 for
      WA-502 E/NE 179th St. towards Battle Ground. Merge onto WA-502 E/NE 10th
      Av. (about 3 mins.) Turn right at WA-502 E/NE 219th St. Continue to
      follow WA-502 E. (8 mins). Turn left at WA-503 N/NW 10th Av. Continue to
      follow WA-503- N. (9 mins). Turn right at NE Rock Creek Rd (1 min)
      Continue onto NE 152nd Av. (3 mins) Slight left at NE Lucia Falls Rd.
      (10 mins) Slight left to stay on NE Lucia Falls Rd. (7 mins) Stay till
      you see Volkswalk Sign.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: This will be a guided 5k and 10k walk. This is also near
      Cedar Creek Grist Mill (35 minutes away) Nov. 30 is when they do the
      apple cider press and it starts at 9 a.m. Try and do that before coming
      to the walk.
      Host Club: Sherwood Merrywalkers
      Contact: Sherwood Merrywalkers (503) 625-8986
      Website: www.sherwoodmerrywalkers.org
      E-Mail Contact: info@...

      10/30/2010 - 10/31/2010
      City / State: Carnation, WA
      Event Name: Trick or Treat Trek
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 84139
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10K - 1+
      Trail, along the river, through downtown and residential areas and back
      along the SVRT to the finish. Jogging strollers will not have difficulty
      but regular strollers and wheelchairs will.
      Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Classifications: Native American Culture, Railroad Heritage
      Start Times: 9 a.m.-1 p.m both days; finish by 4 p.m.
      Location: Remlinger Farms
      Start Point / Driving Directions: From I-5 or I-405, exit onto SR520
      east to Redmond Exit at Redmond Way to SR 202. Turn right on (SR 202)
      for 7.5 miles. Turn left onto Tolt Hill Road. Go approximately 3.5 miles
      to the Fall City-Carnation Road (SR 203). Cross SR 203 to NE 32nd.
      Follow the signs to the parking area adjacent to the Farm Store.
      From I-90, take exit 22 (Preston-Fall City Road) approximately 4 miles
      to Fall City. Go over the bridge and turn left onto SR 203 approximately
      5 miles towards Carnation. Before entering Carnation, turn right onto NE
      32nd and follow the signs to the parking area adjacent to the Farm Store.
      Awards & Fees: A Award
      Comments:
      Host Club: Emerald City Wanderers
      Contact: David Madsen (206) 789-1960
      Website: www.walkingwithecw.org
      E-Mail Contact: dmadsen@...
      ===================

      How to Find Washington Walking Events and Clubs
      http://walking.about.com/od/eventswalks/a/washingtonwalks.htm
      ===================

      Subscribe to The Northwest Pathfinder
      Full event information for Washington and Oregon events, bimonthly - 6
      issues a year.
      The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING FORM
      $12.00 USA / $15.00 Foreign Mail ~ in US Dollars
      Allow up to EIGHT WEEKS for FIRST ISSUE

      PLEASE PUT ME ON The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING LIST:

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable to Northwest Pathfinder and mail to:

      Northwest Pathfinder
      PO Box 3332
      Albany, OR 97321

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)