Upcoming Walks

    Message 1 of 87 , May 5, 2010
      5/15/2010
      City / State: Fort Lewis, WA
      Event Name: Fort Lewis
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 86487
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5K, 10K - 2+
      Lewis, and on trails in wooded area.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: No | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Classifications: This event doesn't have any special
      classifications assigned.
      Start Times: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
      Location: Fort Lewis, Washington
      Start Point / Driving Directions:
      Awards & Fees: A Award
      Comments:
      Host Club: Sea-Tac Volkssports Club
      Contact: Preston Johnson (253) 839-1892
      Website: www.ava.org
      E-Mail Contact: eldercounselor@...
      ==========================

      WalkWashington Sponsors (more events below)

      Join our Facebook Group
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Walking/43317488621

      Follow Me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/walkoflife70

      New Walk Sox Website Open for Business - From Volks-Ware
      Save on Your Favorite Walking and Hiking Socks - New Stock of Walking Socks
      http://walksox.com
      ===========================

      5/22/2010
      City / State: Bellevue, WA
      Event Name: Bellevue Art and Parks Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 86326
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 6K 10K - 1+
      of Downtown Bellevue viewing public art. Highlights include Bellevue's
      Old Main Street and several Bellevue Parks including Wildwood Park,
      Downtown Park and Meydenbauer Beach Park. Additional highlights include
      scenic view of Lake Washington, Bellevue Square Mall, Lincoln Center,
      Bellevue Arts Museum and Bellevue City Hall
      Amenities: Strollers: | Wheelchairs: | Pets: | Restrooms:
      Special Classifications: Artistic Heritage, Authors and Literary
      Landmarks, Firehouses, Museums
      Start Times: 8:00AM-12:00PM Finish by 3:00PM
      Location: Northwest Arts Center
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 9825 NE 24th St. Bellevue. From
      I-405(N) take NE 8th exit 13B. Take the west ramp, merge on to NE 8th
      St. Turn Right onto Bellevue Way NE. Left onto NE 24th St. Continue to
      9825 NE 24th. Parking across the street at school. Metro #240 stops at
      23rd and 98th (1 block away) with connection from the Bellevue Transit
      Center
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Water and restrooms next to start/finish Downtown Park and
      Meydenbauer Beach Park. Pets are permitted but NOT in building(s).
      Owners are responsible for obeying leash and cleanup laws. Staircases in
      Meydenbauer Park will limit strollers, alternate route provided.
      Host Club: Interlaken Trailblazers Volkssport Club
      Contact: Shann McKeever (206) 246-7724
      Website: No Website Listed
      E-Mail Contact: shann.mckeever@...
      ===================

      How to Find Washington Walking Events and Clubs
      http://walking.about.com/od/eventswalks/a/washingtonwalks.htm
      ===================

      Subscribe to The Northwest Pathfinder
      Full event information for Washington and Oregon events, bimonthly - 6
      issues a year.
      The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING FORM
      $12.00 USA / $15.00 Foreign Mail ~ in US Dollars
      Allow up to EIGHT WEEKS for FIRST ISSUE

      PLEASE PUT ME ON The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING LIST:

      Name: ___________________________________________________________

      Address: _______________________________________________________

      City:_______________________ State: _________ Country: _________

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable to Northwest Pathfinder and mail to:

      Northwest Pathfinder
      PO Box 3332
      Albany, OR 97321

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)
      Message 87 of 87 , Aug 11
        8/19/2017
        City / State: Loon Lake, WA
        Event Name: Loon Mountain Hike
        Event Type: Guided Walk
        Event ID: 108135
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K - 3C
        School House before we drive to the start point on private property.
        Those wishing to carpool/caravan from Spokane can gather at Fred Meyer
        3rd and Thor. We will depart the Fred Meyer parking lot at 8:00 am.
        Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: No
        Special Programs: Lakes and Reservoirs
        Start Times: 9:00 AM
        Location: Loon Lake Historic School House
        Start Point / Driving Directions: From I90 East or West take the
        US395 Exit. Head North on US395 approximately 34 miles to Loon Lake.
        Turn left on WA292, Right on North Maple to Colville Road and the Loon
        Lake Historic School House.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments: IT is summer in Eastern Washington so be prepared with
        water and sunscreen. appropriate shoes are recommended for this hike on
        natural terrain.
        Host Club: Lilac City Volkssport Assn.
        Contact: Jim Davies (509) 233-2651
        Website: lilaccityvolks.com
        E-Mail Contact: jimdavies34@...

        *****************************
        WALKING ADVENTURES INTERNATIONAL
        Sicily & the Europiade 2018
        May 21-30, 2018 • 10 Days • $4350
        Pompeii, Amalfi & Capri Pre-tour available!
        New Traveler Discount: $400
        Join us as we return to delightful Sicily for a cornucopia of history,
        culture, and scenery. A less-visited corner of Italy awaits us, a more
        traditional lifestyle on this storied island of bucolic rural
        landscapes, charming medieval hill towns, ancient ruins strewn with a
        riot of colorful wildflowers, and delectable cuisine. With walks and
        activities in Palermo, Erice, Island of Mozia, Selinunte, Agrigento,
        Taormina and more!
        EUROPIADE 2018: The Europiade 2018 takes place in Sicily next year, and
        we include a selection of walks and events on May 23-25, 2018.
        Now Accepting Registrations. We have 5 spots left!
        Check out the projected itinerary for more details:
        https://walkingadventures.com/adventures/sicily-mediterranean-tour/
        Contact us with any questions at 800.779.0353 or fun@...!
        *****************************

        8/20/2017
        City / State: DuPont, WA
        Event Name: Hudson Bay Festival Days Walk
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 107778
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 5k, 10k - 1A
        village of DuPont. This is part of the 5 day celebration of Hudsons Bay
        Days with some new festivities this year.
        Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Honoring Our Flag, National Register of Historic
        Places, Points of Reference, Take a Walk In a City Park, United States
        Post Offices
        Start Times: 9:00 am to NOON, finish by 3:00 pm
        Location: Clock Tower on Palisades Blvd
        Start Point / Driving Directions: 1400 block of Palisades Blvd in
        Clock Tower Park
        I-5, Exit #119. Northbound LEFT, crossing I-5 to Wilmington Ave. LEFT on
        Wilmington Ave to second entrance of State Farm Ins for parking. Walk
        starts across the street in Clock Tower Park. Southbound I-5, Exit #119
        RIGHT to Wilmington Ave. LEFT on Wilmington follow directions as above.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments: 8-20 is the correct date for Hudson Bay Days Festival
        Host Club: Over-The-Hill-Gang Volkssport Club
        Contact: Diane Wagner (253) 875-3064
        Website: No Website Listed
        E-Mail Contact: dianeswagner@...

        8/26/2017
        City / State: Stevens Pass, WA
        Event Name: Wellington Townsite and Stevens Pass Historial District
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 107459
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 5K, 10K - 1A
        RR route that went through Stevens Pass. Walk starts at abandoned
        Wellington townsite parking lot and follows railbed trail to the
        original Stevens Pass Great Northern RR tunnel portal and past the
        Wellington avalanche disaster site to an overlook of the upper Skykomish
        River valley and Cascade Mountains.
        Amenities: Strollers: | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: | Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Boardwalks, Bridges - Spanning the USA
        Start Times:
        Location: Wellington Trailhead, Stevens Pass
        Start Point / Driving Directions:
        Awards & Fees: ZZ
        Comments: For historical background and information about the
        disaster, we recommend reading before the walk: "The White Cascade: The
        Great Northern Railway Disaster and America's Deadliest Avalanche" by
        Gary Krist.
        Host Club: Central Washington Sun Striders
        Contact: Millie Haupt (509) 965-4980
        Website: No Website Listed
        E-Mail Contact: m.haupt@...

        8/26/2017
        City / State: Washougal, WA
        Event Name: Washougal Waterfront Park Walk
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 105747
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10 km - 1B
        Parkersville National Historic Site, and features the beautiful Columbia
        and Washougal Rivers, beginning from the new Washougal Waterfront Park.
        Also enjoy the very popular Washougal River Greenway loop, never before
        volkswalked. Surfaces include road shoulders, sidewalks, paved paths,
        and natural trails.
        Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Boardwalks, Bridges - Spanning the USA, Points of
        Reference, Take a Walk In a City Park, Volcanoes, Walking America's
        Ports of Call
        Start Times: Start 9am-1pm; finish by 4pm.
        Location: Washougal Waterfront Park
        Start Point / Driving Directions: (due east of) 24 South A Street,
        Washougal.
        I-5: Exit #1A. I-205: Exit #27. Take SR14 East to Camas/Washougal, exit
        #14 (500 West/Union St./Second St.). At end of ramp, straight at
        roundabout. RIGHT at second roundabout, following signs to 2nd Street
        South. Straight at stop sign (A Street, unmarked) into Washougal
        Waterfront Park. If lot is full, return through lot (there is a
        turn-around) to the stop sign and turn right past gate into gravel
        overflow parking lot.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments: Strollers possible; not suitable for wheelchairs. Note --
        park does not yet have an address. 24 South A St. is the offices of the
        Port of Camas/Washougal at the marina. Park is due east a short distance.
        Host Club: All Weather Walkers
        Contact: Jan Breneman (360) 835-9686
        Website: www.AllWeatherWalkers.org
        E-Mail Contact: janbreneman@...
        =====
        How to Subscribe
        If you have friends who want to subscribe to WalkWashington emails, tell
        them to send a blank email message to:
        walkwashington-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        ===
        WalkWashington Facebook Page
        https://www.facebook.com/WalkWashington

        9-digit Zip: ____________

        Checks made payable to: The Northwest Pathfinder
        Send to: The Northwest Pathfinder
        4430 S 263rd Street
        Kent WA 98032

        (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)