Ends today: Discount for Vancouver Discovery Walk Festival Apr 23-25

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      Welcome! We are excited to see you again at the Vancouver International
      Discovery Walk Festival, April 23-25, 2010 in Vancouver, Washington,
      USA. Come see the full info at
      http://www.discoverywalk.org

      Our online and mail-in registration is open. Until midnight March 1, you can register for the Discount rate of only $8 per walk, bike, or swim.
      After March 1, the price is $10 per event through the day of event.  But
      if you form a team of 10 or more, or volunteer with us, you can register
      at the Team Rate of $5 per event through the day of event.

      2010 Vancouver Discovery Walk Mail-In Registration Form

      New ____ Returning ____ Birthdate: ____/_____/_____

      Name: ______________________________________________________

      Address:____________________________________________________

      City, State, Zip, Country: _______________________________________

      Phone: _____________________________________________________

      Email Address: _______________________________________________

      If Team give Team Name:______________________________________

      Teams may also use the Team Registration Form, see web site.
      Check days/distances:
      ( ) Friday Walk ( )5K ( )10K
      ( ) Saturday Walk ( )5K ( )5K Family ( )10K ( )21K ( )42K
      ( ) Sunday Walk ( )5K ( )10K ( )21K
      ( ) Bike Sunday ( )15K ( )25K ( )50K
      ( ) Swim Sunday ( )300m ( )600m Earn award and 1 IVV credit
      for 300m, 2 credits for 600 m.
      Prices - Circle your choices
      Deadline / Team rate / by Mar. 1 /after Mar. 1
      1 day of walking / $5 / $8 / $10
      2 days of walking / $10 / $16 / $20
      3 days of walking / $15 / $24 / $30
      Bike Sunday / $5 / $8 / $10
      Swim Sunday / $5 / $8 / $10
      (swim includes 2 IVV event credits and award for only 1 price)
      Child 12 and Under FREE / FREE / FREE
      T-Shirt $15  CIRCLE SIZE -- S M L XL 2XL 3XL
      Total

      Print and mail with payment payable to:
      International Walk Fest
      PO Box 2009
      Vancouver, WA 98668

      All US walkers must pay at the time they register.
      Walkers outside of USA: Register by the dates shown and pay that price
      upon arrival.
      Credit cards are only accepted via our online form, do not email us or
      mail us your credit card information.
      Registration is not refundable, but you may transfer it to another
      participant.

      Dates and Location:
      April 23, 25, 25, 2010
      Vancouver Hilton Hotel, Vancouver, WA, USA

      2010 Trails
      Our Saturday trailmaster Burt Paynter and our Sunday trailmaster Heidi
      Schurr have designed new routes that take in the riverfront trail,
      greenways, and Vancouver neighborhoods.  Come see our overview maps on
      our web site.
      http://www.discoverywalk.org/iml/maps.html

      Our Friday Mayor's Walk will using the new Land Bridge that links
      historic Fort Vancouver with the Renaissance Trail on the Columbia
      River.  Our award for the Mayor's Walk will be a string backpack.

      The Saturday routes will include a marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K
      route (including the Family Fun 5K Walk). The Family Fun Walk route will
      enjoy the Renaissance Trail along the Columbia River as it did last
      year. The 10K and half marathon routes will be new and take in more of
      the river. The marathon route will be twice-around the half marathon route.

      The Sunday routes are new.  The 22K route walks Burnt Bridge Creek
      Greenway, while the 10K and 5K explore Vancouver neighborhoods and the
      fun and funky Uptown Main Street.

      Our Bikes and Swims will be on Sunday again this year. You can do both
      300 meter swims for the cost of only 1 registration. Those who earn IVV
      credit will get 2 credits for only the one fee.  We will be at Propstra
      pool this year, with a shuttle provided to and from our walk/bike
      start/finish at the Vancouver Hilton Hotel.

      To qualify for the Triathlon award, you must do a walk, bike and swim
      all on Sunday. Walks on other days no longer count towards the Triathlon
      designation.

      Event volunteers may register for our Team Discount Rate, which is the
      same as the Earlybird Rate. Volunteer forms are available on our web site:
      http://www.discoverywalk.org/iml/page8volunteer.html

      Those walking Saturday or Sunday will all receive a medal on a neck ribbon.

      For those AVA Special Program/state challenge participants, we have a
      printable list.  Please note that the list is only our best guess and
      the walkers themselves are responsible for checking whether the listed
      items do or do not fulfill the requirements of their programs.  Routes
      may change without notice and may not include the listed items on the
      day of event. We will stamp any official record books, it is up to the
      walker to know which ones are appropriate.  Please be kind to our finish
      volunteers, trailmasters, and event director and do not question them
      further about these programs.
      http://www.discoverywalk.org/iml/challenges.pdf

      Location: Vancouver Hilton Hotel
      301 West 6th Street, Vancouver Washington 98660.
      Booking Code: DIS

      To contact us:
      info@...
      Phone: 1-360-818-4280
      Please do not call after 9 am, and please leave a message as our
      voicemail (Google Voice) transcribes messages so it is easy to forward
      them via email to the right person to answer your questions.