Cle Elum Cross Country Ski & Snowshoe

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2010
      Vote for the Best Year-Round Walks of 2009
      http://walking.about.com/u/ua/trails/topwalks2009.htm

      January 9 & 10 2010 CLE ELUM Cross Country Ski & Snowshoe
      IVV CREDIT ONLY
      EVENT NUMBER: Snowshoe 83948
      Cross Country Ski 83949
      SPONSORS: Evergreen Wanderers, Iron Horse Inn
      LOCATION: Iron Horse Inn, 525 Marie Ave, South Cle Elum, WA
      DISTANCE: 10km (6.2 miles)
      START TIME: 8:00 am - 1:00pm (SAT)
      8:00 am - NOON (SUN)
      FINISH TIME: 4:00 pm (SAT)
      3:00 pm (SUN)
      TRAIL: Rated 1. CROSS COUNTRY SKI
      Ski on level Iron Horse Trail past the old power
      house station, along Tilman Creek and the
      Cle Elum and Yakima Rivers. An outstanding
      beginner's ski trail.
      Rated 1. SNOWSHOE
      Walk on level Iron Horse Trail East past two pond
      with great views of Cle Elum Valley. A nice and easy
      trail.
      AWARD: Credit only is $3.00.
      All must register, carry, and return start card.
      MISC: Water and restrooms at start/finish.
      Many of the Evergreen Wanderers will be staying at the Iron Horse B & B.
      Join us.....
      For lodging information call the Iron Horse Inn (509)674-5939 or
      Washington and Oregon call
      1-800-228-9246 www.IRONHORSEINNBB.COM
      POINT OF CONTACT:
      Evergreen Wanderer President and trail master, Chuck Repik - (253)582-7474.
      Email: CREPIK@...
      DIRECTIONS: I-90 Eastbound: Exit #84 (Cle Elum/S Cle Elum). Exit
      ramp crosses over I-90 and becomes 1st St. West. At bottom of
      hill turn RIGHT at the Information Center (corner of 1st St W and S
      CleElum Way). Continue 5 blocks and turn RIGHT on Madison St. LEFT on
      6th St as it becomes Marie Ave to Iron Horse Inn.
      I-90 Westbound: Exit RIGHT onto Oakes Ave. LEFT on 1st St West. LEFT
      at Information Center. Continue as above.

      ==========================

      WalkWashington Sponsors (more events below)

      Follow me on Twitter
      http://www.twitter.com/walkoflife70

      WALKING ADVENTURES PRESENTS
      WALKING HISTORIC ROUTE 66
      Part 1: Chicago-Amarillo: Sept 28-Oct 7 * 10 DAYS * $2250
      Part 2: Amarillo-Santa Monica: Oct 6-14 * 9 DAYS * $2050
      Travelers have the option of seeing all of the Mother Road or only a
      part of Route 66. We avoid the freeways and search for the heartbeat of
      America in places as diverse as the metropolis of Chicago; a barb-wire
      museum in McLean, Texas; Spanish colonial Santa Fe; and seaside Santa
      Monica, the proverbial "end of the road." This Adventure offers walks
      and sightseeing in Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New
      Mexico, Arizona, and California.
      Click on the link to view the Historic Route 66 itinerary:
      http://www.walkingadventures.com/2010/route66/
      Contact Debbie or Dani at 800 779 0353 or danielle@...
      with any questions or to add yourself to our email newsletter list!
      Walking Adventures International * PO Box 871000 * Vancouver WA 98687 *
      www.walkingadventures.com * 800.779.0353 * fun@...

      Exerstrider Walking and Fitness Poles
      http://pages.prodigy.net/volksware/volksware/exerstrider.htm

      50% off Sale: Volkssport USA Sweats and T's
      http://pages.prodigy.net/lizmitchell/volksware/vw4.htm

      ===========================

      1/16/2010
      City / State: Puyallup, WA
      Event Name: Crisp Winter Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 85769
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K / 5K - 1+
      neighborhoods in the Sunrise area above the Orting valley with view of
      Mt. Rainier, weather permitting.
      Amenities: Strollers: easy | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Classifications: This event doesn't have any special
      classifications assigned.
      Start Times: 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon, finish by 3pm
      Location: Edgerton Elementary School
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 16528 127th Ave Ct E, Puyallup, WA
      98374. I-5: Exit #127 (Puyallup/SR512) to Puyallup. Take
      Eatonville/SR161 exit. Right on Meridian (SR161). Left on 152nd St E.
      Right on 122nd Ave E. Left on 164th St E. School on right. I-405: Exit
      #2A (SR167S). Exit onto SR512. Take Eatonville/SR161 exit. Left at top
      of ramp. South on Meridian. Continue as above.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: WA Challenge: Art - fountains; Landscapes - Mountain, Valley.
      Host Club: Daffodil Valley Volkssport Assn.
      Contact: Nancy Wittenberg (253) 841-0580
      Website: www.ava.org/clubs/dvva
      E-Mail Contact: n_wittenberg@...

      1/30/2010
      City / State: Vancouver, WA
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 86327
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10 - 2+
      neighborhood north of Legacy Hospital. Overlooking Vancouver WSU Campus
      and if a clear day will be able to see Mt St Helens, Mt Adams, and Mt
      Hood. Surfaces include pavement, natural and crushed rock paths.
      Strollers possible, wheelchairs can do a modified route.
      Amenities: Strollers: | Wheelchairs: | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Classifications: This event doesn't have any special
      classifications assigned.
      Start Times: 9 a.m - 1 p.m.; Finish by 4 p.m.
      Location: Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital - main lobby
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 2211 NE 134th Street. From I-5 North
      take Exit #7 (NE 134th St). RIGHT (East) on NE 134th St. LEFT (North) on
      NE 23rd Ave to Emergency entrance. Turn LEFT, then RIGHT into parking
      garage, parking on 4th or 5th levels. Walking across sky bridge (4th
      level) to hospital, RIGHT, down escalator, to first floor and main
      lobby. Southbound, take exit #7, (I-205) From Right-hand lane, take Exit
      #36 (NE 134th St.). LEFT (East) on NE 134th St. Continue as above.
      Volkswalk signs will be posted.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Evergreen State Volkssport Assn. meeting to be held in the
      afternoon in the 3rd floor conference rooms, B & C. All are welcome.
      Host Club: All Weather Walkers
      Contact: Earl Bowen (360) 263-1228
      Website: www.AllWeatherWalkers.org
      E-Mail Contact: earld@...

      ===================

      How to Find Washington Walking Events and Clubs
      http://walking.about.com/od/eventswalks/a/washingtonwalks.htm
      ===================

      Subscribe to The Northwest Pathfinder
      Full event information for Washington and Oregon events, bimonthly - 6
      issues a year.
      The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING FORM
      $12.00 USA / $15.00 Foreign Mail ~ in US Dollars
      Allow up to EIGHT WEEKS for FIRST ISSUE

      PLEASE PUT ME ON The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING LIST:

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable to Northwest Pathfinder and mail to:

      Northwest Pathfinder
      PO Box 3332
      Albany, OR 97321

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)