Vancouver - Seattle

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2009
      4/11/2009
      City / State: Vancouver, WA
      Event Name: Columbia Views Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 81970
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10k/5K 2+/1+ - 2+
      adjoining new neighborhoods and green spaces with views of the Columbia
      River from atop Vancouver's new overlook park.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Classifications: This event doesn't have any special
      classifications assigned.
      Start Times: 9:00AM - 1:00 PM
      Location: Quality Food Center (QFC)
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 3505 S.E. 192nd Ave., Vancouver, WA
      I-5/I-205 Northbound, Exit WA SR-14 towards Camas (east). North on Exit
      10 (192nd Ave.) to QFC on right. Please park in interior spots that are
      not adjacent to any business.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Challenges: ESVA: Clark County/All Clubs
      AVA: A-Z/Riverwalk America
      Host Club: All Weather Walkers
      Contact: Joe Titone (360) 944-8190
      Website: www.allweatherwalkers.org
      E-Mail Contact: titone@...

      4/11/2009 Seattle, WA
      Event Name: Easter Walk in the Park
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 81652
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10K - 2
      neighborhood, WA Park Arboretum and Foster Island. By April 11th the
      Arboretum should be in full glory!!... Parking fees of $2 apply in E-5
      lot until noon...Dogs are okay but are not allowed on Foster Island; an
      alternate route, which does include the Arboretum, will be
      available...Jog buggies should be okay...Award is 7th patch in Arboretum
      series & depicts new Interpretive Shelter. Award is $9.50 and may be
      pre-ordered. 30 available/no reorders. Contact dmadsen@... for
      pre-registration information.
      Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Classifications: America's Gardens, Islands, Museums, Native
      American Culture
      Start Times: 9-1. Parking fees ($2.00) apply until noon
      Location: University of Washington E-5 Parking Lot
      Start Point / Driving Directions: E-5 Parking lot east of athletic
      fields at U of W. From I-5: Exit 165B (SR520 East/ Bellevue). Take the
      Montlake Blvd/UW Exit. Turn Left onto Montlake Blvd, pass Husky Stadium
      and parking lots. STAY RIGHT as Montlake Blvd becomes 45th Street. Turn
      RIGHT onto Mary Gates Memorial Way and RIGHT onto Clark Road. Follow
      signs to E-5 Parking Lot... From SR 520 Westbound: Exit to Montlake Blvd
      and turn RIGHT onto Montlake Blvd. Continue as above past stadium to E-5
      Awards & Fees: A Award
      Host Club: Emerald City Wanderers
      Contact: Jacque Higgins-Rosebrook (206) 789-960
      Website: www.walkingwithecw.org
      E-Mail Contact: astarte@...

      ==========================
      WalkWashington Sponsored Links (more events below)

      Top 10 Walking Cities 2009
      (Seattle! Portland!)
      http://walking.about.com/od/walkablecities/tp/walkcity2009.htm

      Join our Facebook Group
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Walking/43317488621

      Follow Me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/walkingguide

      Blister Prevention and Relief
      http://pages.prodigy.net/lizmitchell/volksware/blisterproducts.htm
      Sports Sunscreen, Insect Repellent
      http://pages.prodigy.net/volksware/volksware/aloe.htm
      ===========================

      4/18/2009 Federal Way, WA
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 83301
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K, 5K - 2
      Amenities: Strollers: easy | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Classifications: This event doesn't have any special
      classifications assigned.
      Start Times: 8:00 a.m. to !:00 p.m.
      Location: Federal Way Community Center
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 876 South 333rd Street
      Federal Way, Wa.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Host Club: P.E.O. Pathfinders
      Contact: Mary Blacker (253) 661-5890
      E-Mail Contact: maryblacker@...

      April 24-26, 2009 Vancouver WA Discovery Walk Festival
      Three days of walks, with Sunday bikes and swims.
      http://www.discoverywalk.org
      Celebrate Your Heritage! For 2009, we want to celebrate not only our
      international visitors, but also the heritage we each bring with us. We
      encourage you to wear or carry an item celebrating your heritage. We've
      enjoyed supporting the Childrens Culture Parade for several years and
      would love to see this fun and colorful tradition in our main Discovery
      Walk events.
      2009 Trails Our head trailmaster, Burt Paynter and assistants Dick Baker
      and Will Glessner have laid out new routes for 2009.
      Friday Mayor's Walk - Presented by Cascade Heart. A new route, using the
      new Land Bridge that links historic Fort Vancouver with the Renaissance
      Trail on the Columbia River. Start 4 pm - 6 pm.
      Saturday Walks - Presented by Realvest. Routes include a marathon, half
      marathon, 10K and 5K route (including the Family Fun Walk). The new
      Family Fun Walk route and 10K walk route will enjoy the Renaissance
      Trail along the Columbia River. We have new marathon loop route that
      includes the Salmon Creek Greenway and Burnt Bridge Greenway. We have a
      new Super Checkpoint that the 10K, 21K, and 42K routes will visit at the
      end of their walks for snacks and camaraderie before the finish. 42K
      start 7 am, 21K start 8-9 am, 5K and 10K start 8 am - 12 pm. Family Fun
      Walk on the 5K route start 10 am (same 5K event, with special fun
      starting at 10 am).
      Sunday Walks - Presented by Veolia Water. The Sunday 21K route is a new
      loop route and will eliminate the need for buses, and all routes include
      a visit to a super checkpoint with extra snacks and fun. 21K start 8-9
      am. 10K and 6K start 8 am - 12 pm.
      Our Bikes and Swims will be on Sunday again this year. You can do both
      300 meter swims for the cost of only 1 registration. Those who earn IVV
      credit will get 2 credits for only the one fee. Bike start 9 am - 12
      pm. Swim start 1:30 pm - 3:45 pm.
      To qualify for the Triathlon award, you must do a walk, bike and swim
      all on Sunday. Walks on other days no longer count towards the Triathlon
      designation. The Triathletes will get a special Triathlon neck ribbon on
      their swim award medal.
      Our bike event includes the shorter 15K route this year, which should
      benefit both families and triathletes.
      Event volunteers may register at our Team Discount Rate of $5 per event,
      as they are part of our Discovery Walk Team.
      Awards: We are changing our award system so all walkers receive the same
      award, regardless of the number of years you have walked the event. For
      Friday, the award is our coin medallion. For Saturday and Sunday, the
      Discovery Walk Award is a cloisonne medal on a neck ribbon, with the
      ribbon including the year and, for marathoners, the words Marathon 26.2.
      Those walking Sunday after walking Saturday will receive a number 2 pin
      to add to their ribbon. We have the same bike medals as last year. Our
      swim awards are medals out of our stock, on pinback ribbons. Those who
      complete the Triathlon will get a Triathlon neck ribbon on their swim medal.
      Registration: Pre-register online or by mail by April 15. Price: $10
      per event (includes award and IVV credit), or Team rate of $5 per event
      if you register a team of 10 or more. Discovery Walk volunteers are
      part of our team and may register at the $5 rate. Children age 12 and
      under are FREE (and they receive the awards and credit).
      Teams: A team is 10 or more people. You do not have to walk/bike/swim
      the same events and distances. Just note your team name on your
      registrations either by mail or online, or register together at the
      Group Registration table at the event. Teams who pre-register by April
      1 will be guaranteed the Team Award plaque.
      Hotel/ Start/Finish: Vancouver Hilton Hotel
      301 West 6th Street, Vancouver Washington 98660.
      Discovery Walk Festival Rate: $114/night single or double, $134 triple,
      $134 quad, plus tax. Identify yourself as being with the Discovery Walk
      Festival.
      Tel: +1-360-993-4500 Fax: +1-360-993-4484
      Discovery Walk Festival Information
      1-877-269-2009
      Fax 1-360-397-0484
      info@...
      Registration form:
      http://www.discoverywalk.org/iml/page9.html
      Team registration form:
      http://www.discoverywalk.org/iml/page9group.html
      Web site with full info
      http://www.discoverywalk.org

      ===================

      How to Find Washington Walking Events and Clubs
      http://walking.about.com/od/eventswalks/a/washingtonwalks.htm
      ===================

      Subscribe to The Northwest Pathfinder
      Full event information for Washington and Oregon events, bimonthly - 6
      issues a year.

      The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING FORM
      $12.00 USA / $15.00 Foreign Mail ~ in US Dollars
      Allow up to EIGHT WEEKS for FIRST ISSUE

      PLEASE PUT ME ON The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING LIST:

      Name: ___________________________________________________________

      Address: _______________________________________________________

      City:_______________________ State: _________ Country: _________

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable to Northwest Pathfinder and mail to:

      Northwest Pathfinder
      PO Box 3332
      Albany, OR 97321

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)
      Message 2 of 2 , May 23, 2014
        5/24/2014
        City / State: Vancouver, WA
        Event Name: Tenny Creek Park Walk
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 97704
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 6/10 km - 1B
        parks, and schools north of Vancouver. At Gaiser Middle School, see
        student environ¬mental wetlands and walk on its sports track. Enjoy a
        forest trail in Tenny Creek Park and a paved path through the trees
        entering Luke Jensen Sports Park. The 6 km route includes Tenny Creek
        and Luke Jensen Sports Parks. Sidewalks, paved paths, and natural trail.
        Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Honoring Our Flag, Rainbow Color-Named Places, You'll
        Never Walk Alone
        Start Times: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., Finish by 4 p.m.
        Location: First Church of God
        Start Point / Driving Directions: 3300 NE 78th Street, Vancouver 98665.
        From I-5 heading north or south, take Exit #4, NE 78th Street. At end
        of ramp, Northbound Left/Southbound Right, onto 78th Street. Continue
        straight on 78th to FIRST driveway of First Church of God on left. Park
        behind church or in west (left) end of lot.
        From I-205 heading north or south, take Exit #32, Padden Parkway West.
        (Southbound, turn right at end of ramp.) After crossing St. Johns Road,
        take the THIRD driveway on right into First Church of God. Park behind
        church or in west (left) end of lot. Volkswalk signs will be posted.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments:
        Host Club: All Weather Walkers
        Contact: Jan Breneman (360) 835-9686
        Website: www.allweatherwalkers.org
        E-Mail Contact: breneman@...

        5/27/2014
        City / State: Seattle, WA
        Event Name: Exploring Downtown Seattle
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 98638
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 5 K, 10 K - 1A
        route will go past Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum, Pioneer
        Square, Waterfall Park, Klondike National Historical Park and Museum,
        the International District/Chinatown and the award-winning downtown
        Seattle Public Library. The 10 K route will also explore the Seattle
        Center and Olympic Sculpture Park. This event is being held in
        conjunction with the American Society of Military Comptrollers.
        Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Bakeries Family Owned, Cities in Song, Fraternal
        Organization, Honoring Our Flag, Main Street, National Register of
        Historic Places, Trekking With the Trees, You'll Never Walk Alone
        Start Times: 1 pm-2 pm
        Location: Washington State Convention Center Start 1 pm-2 pm. Finish by
        6 pm.
        Start Point / Driving Directions: Washington State Convention Center,
        800 Convention Place (8th Ave. and Pike St.). From I-5 Northbound and
        I-90 Westbound--Take Madison Street exit (#164A). Turn right on Madison
        Ave. Turn left on 8th Avenue. Continue past Seneca Street to parking
        garage on right. From i-5 Sounthbound--Take Stewart Street exit (#166).
        Turn left on Boren Avenue. Turn right on Seneca St. Turn right on 8th
        Ave. and continue to garage entrance on your right. Bus routes:
        www.tripplanner.kingcounty.gov or call (206) 553-3000.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments: Pets permitted, but not in buildings. Please allow some
        additional time to complete this walk, as there are many traffic lights.
        Washington State Challenge information will be available at the start point.
        Host Club: FS Family Wanderers
        Contact: Linda Ellingboe (206) 789-4796
        Website: No Website Listed
        E-Mail Contact: lindaelli@...
        ==
        WalkWashington Facebook Page
        https://www.facebook.com/WalkWashington

        Columbia River Gorge Walks
        June 19-22, 2014 Marine Park, Cascade Locks, Oregon
        http://www.columbiagorgewalks.com/

        Come Enjoy Portlandia - NW Regional Volkssport Conference
        http://walkoregon.org/regional-conference/
        June 23 through June 28, 2014
        Portland State University – Portland, OR

        ==

        6/7/2014
        City / State: Shoreline, WA
        Event Name: Richmond Beach
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 98353
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 11k and 5k - 2A
        large homes and horse corrals, finish on bluff in Richmond Beach park.
        Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
        Start Times: 9:00am -12:00
        Location: Richmond Beach Congregational Church
        Start Point / Driving Directions: 1512 NW 195th, I-5 exit 176 NE175th,
        northbound Left, southbound Right, turn Right on Meridian Ave N, turn
        Left on N185th, street turns into NW Richmond Beach Rd and NW195th.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments:
        Host Club: Sound Steppers Volkssport Club
        Contact: Neil Smith (206) 214-5274
        Website: soundsteppers.org
        E-Mail Contact: neil.smith@...

        6/19 - 22 Columbia River Gorge Biennial Classic
        13 walks and 1 Bike ride
        Cascade Locks, Oregon
        See full details
        http://www.columbiagorgewalks.com/
        All walks are available every day. Register for any or all walks and
        complete them at your leisure.
        Dates: Thursday June 19, 2014 through Sunday June 22, 2014.
        Times: Start between 8AM and 1PM, finish by 4PM.
        Registration Point: Marine Park in Cascade Locks, Oregon. Drive east on
        I-84 from Portland and take exit 44. Continue straight ahead on Wa Na Pa
        St. to Marine Park on your left. Enter park and follow signs.
        Credit: IVV credit only. Free walkers welcome.
        Walks - all are available throughout the weekend, some also have guided
        groups for those who prefer.
        Multnomah Falls (10km / 3C)You will drive 16 miles to the start point
        for this walk. This is one of the most spectacular walks/hikes in the
        entire Gorge. You will walk to the top of 520-foot high Multnomah Falls
        then past many other waterfalls on your way to Wahkeena Springs, the
        headwaters for Wahkeena Falls. Then back down past Fairy Falls to
        Wahkeena Falls. Pre-register Strollers: No | Wheelchairs: No | Pets: Yes
        | Restrooms: Yes
        Eagle Creek (12km or 25km / 3B) You will drive 5 miles to the start for
        this walk. This is probably the most beautiful and most visited
        walk/hike in the Columbia Gorge. Whether you are doing the 12km or the
        25km version of this walk you are in for a treat. The trail follows a
        canyon and climbs gently up past Punchbowl Falls and Metlako Falls to
        High Bridge where 12km walkers will turn around. 25km walkers will
        continue on under Tunnel Falls to Crossover Falls, a great place for
        lunch, where they will turn around and return.Strollers: No |
        Wheelchairs: No | Pets: No | Restrooms: Yes
        Town Walk (5km / 1A) Walk through Marine Park onto Thunder Island, in
        the middle of the Columbia River, past the museum, and into town past
        the ice cream store. An easy short walk. Strollers: Medium |
        Wheelchairs: Medium | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
        Dry Creek Falls (10km / 2B) A beautiful waterfall tucked back at the end
        of a canyon. Walk through old growth fir along forested trails and then
        down an old road back to Cascade Locks. You will pass the ice cream
        store at the end of this walk. Strollers: Hard | Wheelchairs: No | Pets:
        Yes | Restrooms: Yes
        Cascade Locks to Overlook (10km / 1A) There will be a guided walk for
        this event starting at 9 a.m. on Saturday, June 21. An easy walk along
        the old Columbia River Highway to the Overlook Campground with its
        wonderful views of Bonneville and the Columbia River. Strollers: Medium
        | Wheelchairs: Medium | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
        Wahclella Falls (10km / 2C) There will be a guided walk for this event
        starting at 9 a.m. on Thursday, June 19. You will drive 5 miles to the
        start point. This is an old favorite. One of the prettiest waterfalls in
        the Columbia Gorge, this one is nestled at the end of a beautiful
        canyon. You will walk along a creek, past an unnamed waterfall across
        two bridges the the double falls at the end of the canyon. Then return
        to walk through the Bonneville Fish Hatchery and then back to your car
        at the Overlook campground. Strollers: No | Wheelchairs: No | Pets: Yes
        | Restrooms: Yes
        Dog Mountain (10km / 5) Arguably the most difficult hike in the Columbia
        River Gorge but also one of the most satisfying and beautiful. The trail
        climbs 2,900 feet in 3 miles to an open meadow with a magnificent array
        of wildflowers which, in June, are in full bloom. At the summit you can
        choose to return via the Augsberger trail or the very steep Riverside trail.
        Mosier Tunnels (13km / 2A) You will drive 22 miles to the start point.
        This walk follows the old Columbia River Highway through the Mosier
        Tunnels. These tunnels collapsed and were then reopened as a State Park
        and walking/biking trail in the late 90's. The views are awesome and the
        grade is easy. There is a $5.00 State Parks pass required for parking
        here. Strollers: Medium | Wheelchairs: Medium | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
        Nick Eaton Ridge (13km / 4B) You will drive 3 miles to the start point.
        This is one of the harder walks in the event. It climbs 2,700 feet in
        3.5 miles and tops out at a magnificent viewpoint high above the
        Columbia River. You will return on the Nick Eaton Ridge trail back to
        the start. Strollers: No | Wheelchairs: No | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
        Herman Creek Pinnacles (10km / 3B) You will drive 3 miles to the start
        point. You will walk along forested trails, across a creek, past a
        waterfall to some really different rock formations. The pinnacles are
        pyramidal shaped rock mounds that are unique to this area. You can climb
        these if you wish and enjoy the view on the Columbia River far below.
        You will then return the way you came. Strollers: No | Wheelchairs: No |
        Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
        Starvation Creek (10km / 1B) There will be a guided walk for this event
        starting at 9 a.m. on Friday, June 20. This is an easy, fairly flat walk
        on a part of the Old Columbia River Highway that has been converted to a
        hiking/walking trail. You will pass several waterfalls, an old oven the
        Chinese workers used while constructing the highway and a massive
        anthill. You will walk through a campground to a small sandy beach on
        the Columbia River and then back to your car. Strollers: Hard |
        Wheelchairs: No | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
        Coyote Wall (10km / 4C) A guided group walk only up the Bingen Syncline,
        otherwise known as Coyote Wall. We will carpool from Marine Park at 9.30
        a.m. each of the four days. You will have awesome views of the Columbia
        River and at several points up-close looks at the uplift that gave this
        magnificent place its name. Strollers: No | Wheelchairs: No | Pets: Yes
        | Restrooms: No
        Horsetail Falls (10km or 12km / 2C) You will drive 11 miles to the start
        point. This is a return of an old favorite. Walk on forested trails past
        several waterfalls, even walk behind one. A 12km option will take you to
        Triple Falls, a great place to rest and enjoy the scenery. Then back
        past some great vistas, overlooking the Columbia River, to the start
        point. Strollers: No | Wheelchairs: No | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
        Mosier Tunnels Bike Ride (25km / 1A) Bike through the Mosier Tunnels to
        the little town of Mosier. Here you can stop at the ice-cream store or
        just bike through town and continue to the Memaloose Overlook then back
        along the Old Columbia River Highway, through the tunnels to your start
        point.

        NORTHWEST REGIONAL CONFERENCE
        June 23 through June 28, 2014
        Portland State University – Portland, OR
        http://walkoregon.org/regional-conference/
        June 23 – Portland Waterfront Walk 1 pm Ondine Hall, 1912 SW 6th Ave,
        Portland, OR
        Meet and Greet
        June 24 – Salem – State Capitol Walk 9 am Salem Convention Center, 200
        Commercial Street SE, Salem, OR
        Swim
        Ondine Dinner
        June 25 – Portland – 4 –T’s Walk (Train, Trolley, Trail, and Tram) 8 am
        Ondine Hall, 1912 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR
        Food Cart Express
        Swim
        Bridgeport Brewery Dinner
        June 26 – Silver Creek Falls 9 am. Silver Falls State Park near
        Silverton, OR
        Hot Dog Lunch
        Oregon Gardens
        Swim
        Ondine Dinner
        June 27 – Portland – Landmark Walk 8 am Ondine Hall, 1912 SW 6th Ave,
        Portland, OR
        Swim
        Evening Hail and Farewell
        June 28 – Mt St. Helens (2 events) 8 am - 12 am
        Coldwater Lake
        Hummock-Boundary Trails
        Social Room available each night
        The conference registration will offer:
        7 walks for $3 each (awards separate)
        4 swims for $3 or all 4 for $10
        A “Meet and Greet” light dinner on Monday night for $10
        A “Hail and Farewell” light dinner on Friday night for $10
        A “Hot dog/ Sausage” lunch at Silver Creek Falls on Thursday for $5
        Information for Northwest Regional Conference
        Dick Baker 360-991-8806
        dickbkr@...
        www.walkoregon.org

        9-digit Zip: ____________

        Checks made payable to: The Northwest Pathfinder
        Send to: The Northwest Pathfinder
        4430 S 263rd Street
        Kent WA 98032

        (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)