NW Trek - Go Red for Women Today

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      January 26-27, 2008 Concrete - Bald Eagle Festival - 3 Walks
      NW Tulip Trekkers - Bald Eagle Festival. A Weekend of Fun, Fitness,
      Friendship & Food

      2/2/2008 to 2/3/2008 Northwest Trek Wildlife Park
      City and State: Eatonville WA
      Host Club: Evergreen State Volkssport Assn.
      Distance and Trail Rating: 5k and 10k 2
      Start Point Address / Driving Directions: Northwest Trek Wildlife Park,
      11610 Trek Drive, Eatonville, WA
      Event Description: Walk on asphalt trails and woodland paths throughout
      the park. View native Northwest wildlife in a natural setting.
      Start Times:
      Contact: Diane Wagner , (253 ) 875 - 3064
      Event Website: tenkwalk@...
      E-Mail Contact: dianeswagner@...
      Awards and Fees: A Award
      Amenities: Strollers: medium Wheelchairs: NO Pets: No Restrooms: Yes

      ======================
      WalkWashington Sponsors (More Events Below)

      Go Red for Women Day Friday, Feb. 1
      Wear red on Friday, Feb. 1 to draw attention to the leading killers of
      women in the USA - heart disease and stroke. More women than men die of
      heart disease each year. The American Heart Association is promoting Go
      Red for Women on Friday, Feb. 1 to raise awareness of heart disease and
      stroke in women. Get your red on
      http://goredforwomen.org/

      CAN YOU SAY "MAUI CHRISTMAS?"
      We just added a new Adventure to our 2008 schedule - please join us for
      CHRISTMAS IN HAWAII in 2008!
      DATES: December 4 – 13, 2008 * 10 Days
      PRICE: Approx $2590 per person
      Our new itinerary for Hawaii starts on the Big Island and contains 2
      nights in Kona, 2 nights in Hilo, and 5 nights in Lahaina, Maui. We are
      also including 6 IVV-sanctioned walks and the options to take the
      infamous Road to Hana, as well as an unforgettable flightseeing trip to
      visit the former leper colony on the neighboring island of Molokai!
      Spots are going fast on this Christmastime visit to the Islands, so call
      Debbie or Dani soon to reserve yourself a spot at 1.800.779.0353!
      VISIT THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS WITH US NEXT DECEMBER!
      http://www.walkingadventures.com/

      Stuff for Walking Comfort:
      Dr. Hoy’s Pain Relief Gel – Two Tom’s BlisterShield and SportsShield
      http://pages.prodigy.net/volksware/volksware/cream.htm
      Blist-O-Ban – For When You Have Blisters and Hot Spots – Keep on Walking!
      http://pages.prodigy.net/volksware/volksware/blistoban.htm
      See You at the Discovery Walk Festival!
      http://pages.prodigy.net/volksware/volksware/discoverywalk.htm
      ========================

      2/2 - 2/3: Workers Walks for the Vancouver Discovery Walk Festival
      Volunteers for the Discovery Walk Festival are invited to walk the
      routes in advance at our scheduled Workers Walks times. We welcome you
      to volunteer - forms will be available or you can get them on our web
      site at:
      http://www.discoverywalk.org/iml/page8volunteer.html
      You must be a volunteer for our April 25-27, 2009 festival to join in
      the Workers Walks, due to insurance liability.
      Start time: 8 am - 10 am
      Location: Vancouver Hilton Hotel, 301 West 6th Street, Vancouver
      Washington 98660.
      You will be guiding yourself with a map, please bring along your own
      water and snacks. Restrooms normally open or provided during the event
      are unlikely to be available, so please plan accordingly.
      Info: toll free 877-269-2009

      2/9/2008 LORD HILL REGIONAL PARK
      City and State: Snohomish WA
      Host Club: Four-Plus Foolhardy Folks
      Distance and Trail Rating: 6/10/12K 3
      Start Point Address / Driving Directions: LORD HILL REGIONAL PARK I-5:
      Exit #194 (US2/Wenatchee). On highway 2 take the 88th St. SE exit. RIGHT
      on 2nd Ave (no sign, it’s the street as you exit the highway). LEFT on
      Lincoln Ave S (becomes the Old Snohomish-Monroe Hwy). RIGHT on 127th Ave
      SE to 150th St SE. LEFT on 150th St SE to park entrance on LEFT. I-405N:
      Exit #23 (SR522E/Bothel/Woodinville). Exit 164th St. LEFT under SR522.
      LEFT on 127th Ave SE. Continue as above.
      Event Description: A 100% embroidered multicolored patch in a diamond
      shape will be available for $7.50. All patches this year have a gold
      border for the club’s 20th anniversary. 50 only — no reorders. Credit
      only is $3.00. Free participants are welcome but must register and
      return a start card. Pre-registration due by Feb 4th. See the form in
      this brochure.
      Start Times: 8am-12pm
      Contact: Jane Holmes , (206 ) 324 - 1601
      Event Website: www.walkhappy.com/fourplusclub
      E-Mail Contact: jensenholmes@...
      Awards and Fees: A Award
      Strollers: NO Wheelchairs: NO Pets: Yes Restrooms: Yes

      2/9/2008 Walk and Bike
      Start : Redmond Town Center, Corner of Leary Way and Bear Creek Way.
      Redmond WA
      Event City: Redmond
      Walk 10K rated 1.
      Bike 15K/25K
      Host Club : Northwest Striders
      Event Website: www.ava.org/clubs/northweststriders/
      Write for more information to:
      1837 138th Pl SE
      Bellevue, WA 98005
      Contact : Dick O'Connor, (425) 746 - 9641
      Contact : Jim Van Ostrand, (425) 456 - 0560

      2/18/2008 - Vancouver, WA Walk
      Event Number : 80136 5/10 km
      Distance and Trail Rating: 5/10 km 1+
      Start Point Address / Driving Directions: Jim Parsley Center, 2901 Falk
      Road, Vancouver, WA From I-5: take SR-500 exit east to Falk Road (42nd
      Ave.) and turn Right on Falk Road. Continue past the school and turn
      Left on Plomondon Street. Continue on Plomondon to the far end of the
      building on your left and enter parking lot on the left. From I-205:
      take SR 500 west to Falk Road (42nd Ave) and turn Left onto Falk Road.
      Continue past the school and turn Left on Plomondon Street. Continue on
      Plomondon to the far end of the building on your left. Turn left into
      the parking lot.
      Event Description: The walk has two 5 km loops. The first loop is to
      the west and south and goes thru residential areas onto the Burnt Bridge
      (Discovery) trail and returns thru a commerical and residential area.
      This loop is rated 1 + for some slight gains in elevation on the paved
      path and possible pine cones and small branches in the forested areas.
      The second loop is to the south and east and goes around a developed
      park, residential areas and on the Burnt Bridge (Discovery) Trail. The
      second loop is rated 1 and is on paved paths or sidewalks.
      Start Times: 8am to 1 pm
      Contact: Dick Baker , (360 ) 573 - 6048
      Event Website: http://www.earthlink.net/~vuvwalkers
      E-Mail Contact: dickbkr@...
      Awards and Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Water and restrooms are available at the start, checkpoint,
      and finish. Strollers are OK but wheel chairs will have problems due to
      some curbs not being cut.

      SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2008 Vancouver, WA
      Firstenburg Community Center WALK
      AVA Sanction No. NW08-80077
      START/FINISH: Firstenburg Community Center, 700 NE 136th Avenue,
      Vancouver, WA.
      TIMES: Start any time between 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Finish by 4 p.m.
      DISTANCE and RATING: 10km (6.2 miles), Rated 1 -- easy. A shorter, 5km
      (3 miles) route is available.
      TRAIL DESCRIPTION: Enjoy pleasant, tree-lined neighborhoods, several
      parks, and a nicely landscaped, upscale corporate park. Surfaces include
      streets, sidewalks, and paved paths. Suitable for strollers and
      wheelchairs. Some curbs not cut.
      FEES: Everyone is welcome to walk for FREE. Optional AVA Credit Only is
      $3. No refunds. All must register, carry, and return a start card. "B"
      medals and hatpins from prior events are available. Donations are
      appreciated and help support future events.
      COMFORT: Water and restrooms available at registration area. Limited
      facilities on route. Pets are permitted except in buildings. Owners are
      responsible for leash and clean-up laws.
      DIRECTIONS: From I-205 North or South, take Exit 28 (Mill Plain Blvd).
      At end of ramp, go east (Northbound right, southbound left) onto Mill
      Plain to SE 136th Avenue. Left on SE 136th to Firstenburg Community
      Center. Left into parking lot. If lot is full, you may park in the lot
      across the street. Volkswalk signs will be posted.
      CONTACT INFORMATION: Jan Breneman; phone 360/835-9686.

      Subscribe to The Northwest Pathfinder
      Full event information for Washington and Oregon events, bimonthly - 6
      issues a year.

      The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING FORM
      $12.00 USA / $15.00 Foreign Mail ~ in US Dollars
      Allow up to EIGHT WEEKS for FIRST ISSUE

      PLEASE PUT ME ON The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING LIST:

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable ESVA and mail to:

      Northwest Pathfinder
      PMB134, 17404 Meridian East, Suite F
      Puyallup, WA 98375-6234

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)