Port Townsend - Vancouver - Bellingham Bay Marathon

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2007
      10/6/2007 Port Townsend's Kinetic Skulpture Volkssport Event
      Event Special Classifications: Native American Culture
      City and State: Port Townsend WA
      Host Club: Olympic Peninsula Explorers
      Distance and Trail Rating: 5/10 km 2+
      Start Point Address / Driving Directions: Port Townsend's Kinetic
      Skulpture Volkssport Event - Chetzemoka Park Kitchen Shelter 900 Jackson
      Street DIRECTIONS: Follow Highway 104 from the Hood Canal Bridge.
      Exit RIGHT at Hwy. 19 (Port Townsend). Hwy. 19 becomes Hwy. 20 2.5 miles
      south of Port Townsend. At the second light in Port Townsend turn LEFT
      on to KEARNEY and then RIGHT on to LAWRENCE. Follow LAWRENCE until
      JACKSON; turn LEFT onto JACKSON. From the Keystone FERRY turn RIGHT at
      the light as you leave the ferry and then LEFT on MONROE. Follow MONROE
      to LAWRENCE; turn RIGHT on LAWRENCE and LEFT onto JACKSON..
      Event Description: Walk on city streets and some beach enjoying the
      Krazy fun of the Kinetic Skulpture weekend in Port Townsend WA.
      Strollers possible, wheelchairs not recommended on both the 5 & 10 km walks.
      Start Times: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
      Contact: Janet Lenfant , (360 ) 681 - 5405
      Event Website: www.olympus.net/community/ope
      E-Mail Contact: opepresident@...
      Awards and Fees: IVV Credit Only

      10/6/2007
      City and State: Vancouver WA
      Host Club: Vancouver USA Volkssporters
      Distance and Trail Rating: 5/10 km 1+
      Start Point Address / Driving Directions: Salmon Creek Sports Complex,
      117th Street
      Event Description: The Walk is on a paved greenway path that follows
      Salmon Creek past Ball fields, meadows, and a forest glen. Heron,
      osprey, eagles, woodland birds, and forest animals may be seen along the
      route. The walk is suitable for wheel chairs and strollers.
      Start Times: 8:00 am to 1:00pm
      Contact: Carolyn Affolter , (360 ) 574 - 9108
      Event Website: www.home.earthlink.net/~vuvwalkers/
      E-Mail Contact: caffolt@...
      Awards and Fees: IVV Credit Only

      10/7/2007 Bellingham Bay Marathon
      City and State: Bellingham WA
      Host Club: NW Tulip Trekkers
      Distance and Trail Rating: 10, 21, 42k 1+
      Start Point Address / Driving Directions: Bellwether Hotel From
      Northbound I-5: Take Exit 256A; turn left onto Meridian St; right onto
      Squalicum, just past railroad tracks. Proceed southwest as Squalicum
      becomes Roeder Ave. Continue on Roeder past warehouses and marina. Turn
      right onto Bellwether Way, at the "Bellwether on the Bay" sign. Hotel
      Bellwether is at end of Bellwether Way (look for the lighthouse) From
      Southbound I-5: Take Exist 256 at Meridian Street/Bellis Fair Mall. Turn
      left onto W. McLeod Road, then a right onto Meridian Street. Proceed
      over railroad tracks, then turn right onto Squalicum Parkway. Continue
      as above.
      Event Description: A unique opportunity to participate in the first
      Bellingham Bay Marathon. Walkers or runners may select either 10k, 21k
      or 42k along downtown streets and waterfront of Bellingham.
      Start Times: 7:30 am for all walking distances
      Contact: John Dewing , (360 ) 756 - 0470
      Event Website: bellinghambaymarathon.org
      E-Mail Contact: 2dewings@...
      Awards and Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Participants must pre-register for both the Bellingham Bay
      Marathon and for AVA Credit. See Marathon website for registration
      online and event prices - discounts for early registration. AVA credit
      pre-registration either via mail to NW Tulip Trekkers at PO Box 1084,
      Anacortes, WA 98221, or by visiting our booth at the marathon expo held
      the day before the race at Bellwether Hotel 11am-7pm on 10/06/2007. All
      participants provided a timing chip. 21k and 42k participants receive
      long sleeve technical shirt and medallion. 10k participants receive
      cotton T-shirt. Additional information available at nwtrekkers.org or
      via email to Curt Myron at cmmyron@...
      Amenities: Strollers: NO Wheelchairs: NO Pets: No Restrooms: Yes

      ======================
      Our Sponsors (More Events Continued Below)

      10 Walking Essentials
      http://walking.about.com/od/gear/tp/10essentials.htm

      Walk the world with Walking Adventures in 2008!
      A Whale of A Walk in Baja: We are pleased to announce our first-ever
      Walking Adventure in Mexico! Two departures are available!
      The first departure is February 17-24 and the second departure is
      February 24-March 2nd. There is still space on this new Adventure!
      Check out our full 2008 Adventure Schedule at
      http://www.walkingadventures.com
      E-mail or call for more information: fun@... or
      1.800.779.0353

      New! Loose Fitting Unisex Short-Sleeved Tech Performance T with hiker logo.
      http://pages.prodigy.net/volksware/volksware/life.htm
      Blist-o-Ban to Prevent and Heal Blisters – Great for long distance
      walkers or multiple events
      http://pages.prodigy.net/volksware/volksware/blistoban.htm
      Road ID Safety Products – Wear an ID while you walk
      http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx?referrer=813
      ===========================

      Oct. 13-14: Lake Easton
      Start Location: Easton Emergency Airstrip. Easton, WA
      Start time: Sat 8am-1pm; Sun 8am-noon
      Finish by: Sat 4pm; Sun 3pm
      Distance: 2 walks: 10km (6.2 miles) and 14K (8.7 miles)
      Walk #1: Lake Easton 14K, rated 3+ The Trail: This is an easy 14 km
      trail going completely around Lake Easton following the John Wayne Trail
      on the old Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad. A recent
      addition of a footbridge over the Yakima River allows walkers the
      opportunity to complete a loop around the lake. Fall colors are vibrant
      and views of Easton and Kechelus Ridges are extraordinary. The trail
      goes through Lake Easton State Park on quiet secluded trails. Come enjoy
      fall sunshine.
      This is a State Park walk and a River walk
      Washington State Challenge: Kittitas County; Nature:
      Mountains/Parks/Trails; Water: Lakes
      Walk #2: Easton Ridge 10K rated 4+ The Trail: This is a true 4+ trail
      up to the top of Easton Ridge towering over the Easton Valley. The trail
      begins at the Easton State emergency airport and winds its way up 2,200
      feet to the ridge line through dense forests. There are sweeping vistas
      of the valley below from the ridge line. If you are lucky you may get
      to meet the resident porcupine who lives under the outhouse.
      Extreme Challenge: EXTREME TERRAIN Washington State Challenge:
      Kittitas County; Nature: Mountains/Parks/Trails
      Contact: Mike Stephens (360) 456-2896 or email Tanya Peterson
      Awards & Fees: A 100% embroidered multicolored patch in our traditional
      club diamond shape will be available at the walk for $7.00. AVA/IVV
      credit without the patch $3.00. Free participants are welcome but must
      register and return a start card. Only 50 patches are available and
      there will be no reorders. To pre-register for patch, use this form.
      Miscellaneous: Restrooms available at the start/finish. Carry your own
      water on the trail. Pets are allowed but owners must obey leash and
      scoop laws. Not suitable for wheelchairs or strollers. State parks in
      Washington currently have no entry fee, but this could change by the
      time of the event.
      Directions: Driving on I-90 either direction take exit 70 and turn
      right (if west bound) or left (if east bound) to Sparks Frontage road.
      Turn right 150m to dirt access road, left turn into the airport.

      10/21/2007 AUTUMN WONDERS WALK Liberty Lake
      City and State: Liberty Lake WA
      Host Club: Lilac City Volkssport Assn.
      Distance and Trail Rating: 10km, 5km 3
      Start Point Address / Driving Directions: Liberty Lake Sewer and Water
      District Directions: I-90 Eastbound. Exit 296 Turn right on North
      Liberty Lake Road to Stop Light. Turn left on East County Vista Dr. to
      East Mission Ave and turn left on East Mission the start point Liberty
      Lake Sewer and Water District 22510 E Mission. I-90 Westbound Exit 296
      turn left to North Liberty Lake Rd and follow above.
      Event Description: Trail Rating: (3) Walk on trails streets sidewalks
      and uncontrolled roadsides to Liberty lake and around parks. Strollers
      at user’s discretion. Not suitable for wheelchairs. Award: Credit Only:
      $3.00 Free participants are welcome but must register, carry, and return
      a start card.
      Start Times: 8:00 am to 12:00 noon
      Contact: Barb Midkiff , (509 ) 255 - 9615
      E-Mail Contact: gdonnageorge@...
      Awards and Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Amenities: Strollers: hard Wheelchairs: NO Pets: Yes Restrooms: Yes

      10/27/2007 to 10/28/2007 Remlinger Farms
      Event Special Classifications
      Railroad Heritage
      Riverwalk America
      City and State: Carnation WA
      Host Club: Emerald City Wanderers
      Distance and Trail Rating: 5/10K 1+
      Start Point Address / Driving Directions: Remlinger Farms, 32610 NE
      32d, Carnation, WA. From I-5 or I-405: Exit onto SR 520 East to Redmond.
      Exit at Redmond Way to SR 202. Turn right onto 202 for 7.5 miles. Turn
      left on Tolt Hill Road to SR 203. Straight ahead across 203 onto NE 32d.
      Follow signs to parking area adjacent to Farm Store. From I-90: Exit 22.
      Follow Preston-Fall City Road for 4 miles. Cross river bridge and turn
      left onto SR 203. Drive 5 miles to NE 32d (Remlinger Farms sign). Turn
      right and follow signs to parking area adjacent to Farm Store.
      Event Description:
      Start Times: 9:00-1:00; finish by 4:00
      Contact: Edla Deppman , (206 ) 938 - 5929
      Event Website: www.walkingwithecw.org
      E-Mail Contact: edla@...
      Awards and Fees: A Award
      Comments: Dirt/gravel trail on Snoqualmie Valley RR bed; sidewalks in
      town. Walk along river and then through commercial/residential area.
      Costumes encouraged.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO Wheelchairs: NO Pets: Yes Restrooms: Yes
      ========================

      Subscribe to The Pathfinder
      Full event information for Washington events, bimonthly - 6 issues a year.

      The Pathfinder MAILING FORM
      $10.00 USA / $15.00 Foreign Mail ~ in US Dollars
      Allow up to EIGHT WEEKS for FIRST ISSUE

      PLEASE PUT ME ON The Pathfinder MAILING LIST:

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable ESVA and mail to:

      ESVA
      10224 29 St E
      Puyallup 98372-1756

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)