20th Anniversary Walk

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2006
      WalkWashington sponsors - Specials after this weekend's events
      About Walking http://walking.about.com
      Walking Adventures International http://www.walkingadventures.com/
      Volks-Ware http://volks-ware.com
      ==================

      November 4 , 2006 (Saturday) 20th Anniversary Walk - BCC
      5, 10, and 20 km Walks
      Start 9am-1pm
      The Interlaken Trailblazers Volkssport Club invites you to its
      anniversary walk commemorating the first club walk at Bellevue Community
      College in 1986. This is a non-competitive walk & anyone may participate
      regardless of age or physical fitness. Cake will be served and coffee
      will be available to purchase from the BCC Student Programs.
      Start Point: Bellevue Community College, Student Parking Garage
      Directions: Eastbound I-90: Exit #11A. Follow 156th Ave SE signs. Cross
      SE Eastgate Way and get into LEFT lane. Westbound I-90: Exit #11 Follow
      156th Ave SE signs. LEFT at traffic light onto SE Eastgate Way. RIGHT at
      150th Ave SE [Bellevue Community College sign]. Get into LEFT lane. LEFT
      onto Landerholm Circle. Follow Volkssport Parking signs to Start at
      Student Parking Garage.
      Information: Walk on paved and wood chip trails through Robinswood Park,
      neighborhoods, enjoy sculptures and the beautiful college campus
      celebrating 50 years. 10K & 20K also go through Spiritwood Park. Water &
      restrooms are available at the start/finish.
      Walk Distance and Trail: 20km (rated 2); 10K (rated 2); 5km (rated 2)
      Miscellaneous: Everyone may participate. Children under 12 years of age
      must be accompanied by an adult. 5K is suitable for strollers and
      wheelchairs, but there are gradual inclines.
      Award: Credit only is $3. “B” awards available. Event & Distance books
      plus book covers available. This is an “B” walk for the “A” to “Z”
      walks. Free participants are welcome but must register, carry & return a
      start card.
      Pre-Registration: None.
      Point of Contact: Margaret Cole, 425-644-5621, jocole2004@...
      Jenny Cole, 425-227-4471
      http://www.ava.org/clubs/interlaken/pages/20walk.htm

      =======================

      Our Sponsors (More Events Continued Below)

      Fun Gear for Night Walking
      http://walking.about.com/b/a/257788.htm

      Walking Adventures International is proud to announce our 2007 ADVENTURE
      SCHEDULE! Call 1-800-779-0353 or visit our web site at
      www.walkingadventures.com for complete details. $50 refundable Early
      Bird deposits are now being accepted on all 2007 tours. Nearly all
      included walks are sanctioned by the AVA or IVV. Individual tour
      brochures will start to become available this fall. Join us for the
      Adventure...it's more than just a walking tour!

      Volks-Ware and Outdoorsy Girl are Open for Gift Shopping:
      Outdoor Scenery DVDs – An Art Gallery for Your TV – Music and Art
      http://pages.prodigy.net/volksware/volksware/dvd.htm
      Hand Beaded Christmas Ornaments, Angels, Santas and Stars
      http://pages.prodigy.net/lizmitchell/volksware/ornament.htm
      Hiking Journals for Stocking Stuffers
      http://pages.prodigy.net/lizmitchell/volksware/journals.htm

      ========================

      11/11/2006 Vancouver Veterans Parade Walk
      LOCATION: VA Medical Center, Bldg D7, 1601 E. Fourth Plain Blvd.,
      Vancouver, WA
      START TIME: 8 am - noon FINISH TIME: 3 pm
      TRAIL: Rated easy 1+, choose 10K or 6K route. This walk is held in
      conjunction with the annual Veteran's Day Parade in Vancouver. Come join
      in the fun and see a great small town parade with bands, floats,
      verterans and kids. To see the parade it is best to start walking about
      9:30 to 10:30 so that you arrive on the parade route during the parade.
      The walk goes through nice residential areas with parks before reaching
      the downtown area where the parade takes place. The walk also takes you
      by many historical areas of the city.
      REGISTRATION: Register during the start hours. Credit-only $3. Free
      walkers welcome, donation appreciated. Donations go to our
      Compassionate Care Meal Program. No refunds.
      BRING YOUR OLD COFFEE MUGS FOR THE VETERANS: Bring clean, un-chipped
      coffee mugs for our veterans to use while they are in our nursing
      skilled care unit.
      MISCELLANEOUS: Please carry a photo ID in case the campus goes to
      Threat Level Orange. In case of the country going to Threat Level Red,
      this event will be canceled. Water and restrooms at start/finish and
      along the route every 3K. Pets are permitted but NOT in buildings.
      Owners are responsible for leash and cleanup laws.
      STIPULATIONS: All participants must register, sign the liability
      waiver and carry a start card. Participants agree to follow the
      directions of the event volunteers and AVA/IVV guidelines. The sponsors
      of this event cannot be held responsible for any accidents or injury
      that might occur or for any lost or stolen items.
      MORE INFO: Wendy Bumgardner 503-692-3994, walking@...
      DIRECTIONS: From I-5 northbound or southbound take 4th Plain exit 1-D.
      If southbound, turn left (east) on 4th Plain, if northbound turn right
      (east) on 4th Plain to the stop light at St. Johns/VA Medical Center.
      Turn right into VA Medical Center. At the first intersection, turn left.
      Turn right at the second driveway to the right and park in the big
      parking lot. Register in the atrium of Building D7, the Barnes Rehab
      Center. Bus: C-Tran Bus 25 or 39, bus stop is on Ft. Vancouver Way just
      outside VA entrance.

      11/18/2006 to 11/19/2006 Northwest Trek Wildlife Foundation
      City and State: Eatonville WA
      Host Club: Evergreen State Volkssport Assn.
      Distance and Trail Rating: 10k and 5k 2
      Start Point Address / Driving Directions: Northwest Trek, 11610 Trek
      Dr Ea, Eatonville I-5: Exit #127 (SR512) east to SR161 (So
      Hill/Eatonville). RIGHT (south) on SR161. Follow NW Trek Signs to park.
      SR167: South to SR512 (Puyallup/Olympia) to SR161 exit. LEFT on SR161.
      Continue as above.
      Event Description: Walk on asphalt trails and woodland paths throughout
      the park. View native Northwest wildlife creatures in a natural setting.
      5K trail suitable for wheelchairs. Pets are NOT permitted. Park entrance
      free to walkers. Proof of participation is needed to obtain half-price
      tram ride. A award is $7.50/credit only is $3.00
      Start Times: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, finish by 4 pm
      Contact: Diane Wagner , (253 ) 875 - 3064
      Event Website: www.esva.org
      E-Mail Contact: dianeswagner@...
      Awards and Fees: A Award
      Amenities: Strollers: hard Wheelchairs: NO Pets: No Restrooms: Yes

      11/25/2006
      City and State: Edmonds WA
      Host Club: Sound Steppers Volkssport Club
      Distance and Trail Rating: 10k with 5k option 2+
      Start Point Address / Driving Directions: Port of Edmonds meeting room.
      336 Admiral Way from I-5 exit 177 Edmonds/Kingston ferry, SR104 to
      Edmonds ferry ticketing. Turn left on Dayton St, street turns left onto
      Admiral.
      Event Description: 10k walk on city sidewalks and on trail thru Yost
      Park & Pine Ridge Park. Views of Olympic mountains and Puget Sound. A 5k
      option along waterfront and marina.
      Start Times: 8:00 am to 12:00 noon
      Contact: Neil Smith , (206 ) 214 - 5274
      E-Mail Contact: neil.smith@...
      Awards and Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Amenities: Strollers: hard Wheelchairs: NO Pets: Yes Restrooms: Yes

      11/26/2006 - Seattle Marathon and Half Marathon Walk
      Event Number : 75150 21K or 42K
      Start : Corner of 5th Avenue and Harrison, East of the Experience Music
      Project
      Event City: Seattle
      Host Club : AVA President
      Write for more information to:
      3610 Park Ave N
      Renton, WA 98056
      Contact : Shirley Lindberg, (425) 226 - 3484
      E-Mail:sdlindberg@...
      Club Website: www.ava.org/clubs/pres/president/
      http://www.seattlemarathon.org

      Subscribe to The Pathfinder
      Full event information for Washington events, bimonthly - 6 issues a year.

      The Pathfinder MAILING FORM
      $10.00 USA / $15.00 Foreign Mail ~ in US Dollars
      Allow up to EIGHT WEEKS for FIRST ISSUE

      PLEASE PUT ME ON The Pathfinder MAILING LIST:

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable ESVA and mail to:

      ESVA
      10224 29 St E
      Puyallup 98372-1756

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)