North Bend

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2005
      ===============
      Before You Walk in Hot Weather
      http://walking.about.com/od/medhot/bb/bbhot.htm

      Walking Adventures International: Walking in the Footsteps of Lewis &
      Clark provides an unforgettable opportunity to relive this historic
      saga. Since the bicentennial celebration of this epic journey runs from
      2004 to 2006, now is the optimal time to take advantage of all the
      interpretive centers along the route that bring the amazing
      accomplishments of the Lewis & Clark Expedition to life. NOTE: Our 2005
      edition of Walking in the Footsteps of Lewis & Clark will be the last in
      this series. We do not anticipate offering this tour again in 2006. 16
      AVA walks included in IL, MO, KS, NE, IA, SD, ND, MT, ID, WA, and OR.
      Join us this fall for the Adventure of a lifetime! History, Culture,
      Scenery, and Walking...more than just a walking tour!
      Details available on our website at:
      http://www.walkingadventures.com/ourtours/Lewis&Clark.pdf. Call
      1.800.779.0353 or email fun@... today to claim your spot!

      Just In... More Walking Socks
      http://pages.prodigy.net/volksware/volksware/socks.htm
      Father's Day Shopping?
      http://pages.prodigy.net/lizmitchell/volksware/giftdad.htm
      Backquackers Hiking Duck Shirts
      http://pages.prodigy.net/volksware/volksware/quack.htm
      =============
      AVA convention Cherry Hill, New Jersey June 22 - 24, 2005
      http://www.2005avaconvention.org/

      Saturday June 11 Walk
      Credit Only Event
      Location: Ceder River Watershed Education Center, North Bend
      Start time: 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
      Finish time: 3:00 p.m.
      Trail: 10 km 20 km Rating:
      Miscellaneous: Recreational and Fitness Activities
      Sponsored by the Northwest Striders in the North Bend area, walk the
      Snoqualmie Valley Trail from Rattlesnake Lake to North Bend Way and SE
      Tanner Road. A one-way or two-way walk in the heart of the greenway
      with optional shuttle bus transportation from the end of trail. Bus
      will run 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. R4gistration and start at Rattlesnake Lake 9
      am - noon.
      Contact: Jean Lendy (425) 888-0737 or email ejlendy@...
      Directions: I-90 to Exit 32 and follow AVA signs.

      Sunday June 19 Credit Only Walk and Bike
      Location: North Bend, Les Schwab Tire Company
      Walk 10K, Bike 15/26K
      Start time: 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
      Finish time: 3:00 p.m.
      Contact: Dick O'Connor (425) 746-9641
      Bike Contact: Jim Van Ostrand (425) 456-0560
      http://gowalkingwithnws.org/uce.htm

      6/25/2005
      City and State: Medical Lake WA
      Host Club: Lilac City Volkssport Assn.
      Distance and Trail Rating: 10km, 5km 2
      Start Point Address: St John Lutheran Church, Corner of Hallet and Herb
      Streets. Medical Lake Washington 99022
      Event Description: Walk around Medical Lake on narated paved trail
      enjoying the the sights and sounds of this beautiful area in Eastern
      Washington.
      Start Times: 8:00am to 12 noon
      Contact: Vanda VanAken , (509 ) 299 - 4193
      Event Website:
      E-Mail Contact: vandavanaken@...
      Awards and Fees:
      Credit walkers $3.00
      Directions:
      East bound from I-90 take the Medical Lake-Cheney Exit # 264. Turn
      left onto Hiway 902 to Medical Lake. Turn Right on Herb St. to St Johns
      Lutheran Church on the corner of Hallett and Herb. West bound I-90 take
      Medical Lake Exit # 272 turn right on Stanley to Herb St. to St Johns
      Lutheran Church on the corner of Hallett and Herb.
      Comments:
      Walk on all weather trails with nature signs and explanations
      around Medical Lake.
      Amenities:
      Strollers: Medium Wheelchairs: None Pets: Yes Restrooms: Yes

      7/3/2005 to 7/4/2005 A Stroll Through History - Two Walks
      Start Point Address: Esther Short Park, 8th & Columbia Streets
      City and State: Vancouver WA
      Host Club: Vancouver USA Volkssporters
      Distance and Trail Rating: 5 & 10 km 1+ Event Description: This is
      the tradition 4th of July Walk associated with Vancouver's Celebrate
      Freedom Festival. Walkers will explore Fort Vancouver National Historic
      Site, Officers Row, the Vancouver Barracks, and historic Pearson Air
      Field & Museum. Route passes through the Celebrate Freedom Festival.
      Bring a picnic & enjoy the entertainment. Large fireworks display after
      dark.
      Distance and Trail Rating: 10 km 1+ Event Description: Walkers
      will explore Vancouver's historic uptown business district and the
      surrounding historic neighborhoods and parks.
      Start Times: 8:00 a.m.- 1 pm.
      Contact: Burt Paynter , (360 ) 891 - 9411
      Event Website:
      E-Mail Contact: walkeriii@...
      Awards and Fees:
      Walk for credit is $3.00.
      Directions:
      NORTHBOUND on I-5: Exit at City Center (Exit 1-B). Turn LEFT on
      6th Street. Proceed West 3 blocks to Columbia Street. Esther Short Park
      is on your right. SOUTHBOUND on I-5: Exit at Mill Plain West (Exit 1-C).
      Proceed West 5 blocks on 15th Street. Turn LEFT on Columbia to 8th
      Street. Esther Short Park is on the right.
      Comments:
      Park on streets near Esther Short Park, or in the parking
      structure with entrance on 6th Street between Washington & Columbia.
      Amenities:
      Strollers: Medium Wheelchairs: Medium Pets: Yes Restrooms: Yes

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable ESVA and mail to:

      ESVA
      10228 ~ 29th Street, East
      Puyallup, WA 98372-1756

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)