Vancouver 3-4th, Ashford, Info on NW Regional Conference

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2004
      ===============
      Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Exercise Workout
      http://walking.about.com/od/fitness/tp/10aceworkout.htm

      Walking Adventures International: History, Culture, Scenery, and
      Walking...more than just a walking tour! Walking the Maritimes &
      Eastern Canada - a 16-day summertime Adventure exploring quaint 18th
      century fishing villages nestled along the rugged east coast, visiting
      St. John's, the oldest city in North America, and including two nights
      in French-speaking Québec City, with its European flavor and historic
      charm. 10 IVV walks included. July 29 - August 13, 2004. Plus,
      optional Newfoundland extension! Or, if you're looking for a shorter
      experience, you can take advantage of our "Heart of the Maritimes
      mini-adventure" special. 9 days in New Brunswick, Prince Edward
      Island, and Nova Scotia. Details available on our web site at:
      http://www.walkingadventures.com/ourtours/special_offers_maritimes.html.
      Call today to receive more information or to register at
      1-800-779-0353. You can also email fun@... or visit
      us online at
      http://www.walkingadventures.com

      Blister Proof Yourself!
      http://pages.prodigy.net/volksware/volksware/cream.htm
      Volkssport Products
      http://pages.prodigy.net/lizmitchell/volksware/volkssport.htm
      =============

      7/3/2004 - 7/4/2004 - Silver Creek Trail Walk
      Event Number : 68260 5, 10, 14, or 20 km
      Start : Forest Service Road 54, Milepost 11
      Event City: ASHFORD
      Start: 8 am - noon
      Rated 4: Difficult. 20K on forest trail with views of Rainier and
      Adams, 1800 ft. elevation gain. 14K on forest trail with elevation gain
      of 1300 ft. 10K elevation gain 800 ft. 5K along Silver Creek,
      elevation gain 100 ft.
      Host Club : Four-Plus Foolhardy Folks
      Contact : Vik Pupols Petzal, (360) 779 - 7170
      E-Mail: petzal2004@...

      7/3/2004 to 7/4/2004 A Stroll Through History, Vancouver WA - Two Walks
      Host Club: Vancouver USA Volkssporters
      Distance and Trail Rating: 10 km 1+ for both walks.
      Start Point Address: Esther Short Park, 8th & Columbia Streets,
      Vancouver, WA
      Event Description: One walk will explore Vancouver's historic uptown
      area and historic neighborhoods
      One walk will explore Ft. Vancouver National Historic Site, Officer's
      Row, Pearson Air Field and more.
      Start Times: 8:00 a.m. - 1 pm
      Contact: Burt Paynter , (360 ) 891 - 9411
      E-Mail Contact: walkeriii@...
      Awards and Fees: $3.00 for credit
      Directions: I-5 North bound - Exit at City Center (Exit 1-B), Left on
      6th St. for 3 blocks to Columbia. I-5 South bound - Exit at Mill Plain
      West (Exit 1-C), continue west for 5 blocks on 15th St. to Columbia,
      Left on Columbia to 8th St. Both routes lead to Esther Short Park
      between 6th & 8th Sts., & between Columbia & Esther Sts.
      Comments: Vancouver's Celebrate Freedom Festival occurs on the 4th of
      July, the second day of this walking event.

      The Capitol Volkssport Club members continue to enjoy meeting at local
      YRE's on
      Wednesday nights and walking as a group. You are invited to join us, as
      we walk
      the routes of the South Puget Sound. Each week we meet at 6:00 p.m. at the
      start point. When you arrive, look for the leader in the blue CVC shirt. If
      there's not a designated leader, the first one who arrives may appoint
      themselves the leader. Then, take a hike!
      Here's the schedule for 2 June - 7 July
      7 July Steilacoom at Tesoro Deli Market,
      Steilacoom
      For directions to the start points, consult the ESVA website at
      http://www.esva.org/a2_WAyreandseasonals2004.htm Questions? Contact
      Sheila or
      Bob Morrison at (360) 923-5381 or email morrisonr@... or
      sheila.morrison@...
      Walks from 14 July to 1 Sept. will be announced later.

      7/10/2004 - Stevens County Seat Walk
      Event Number : 67314 10k, 5k
      Start : Colville City Park
      Start 8 am - noon
      Event City: Colville
      5K 10K rated moderate 2 through residential and historic areas and on
      Dominion Meadows Rotary Trail
      Host Club : Lilac City Volkssport Assn.
      Write for more information to:
      4254 E 22nd
      Spokane, WA 99223
      Contact : Dick O'dell, (509) 534 - 7056
      E-Mail: geriodell@...

      7/11/2004 - Walk
      Event Number : 67316 10k, 5k
      Start : Ferry County Seat Walk
      Event City: Republic
      Host Club : Lilac City Volkssport Assn.
      Write for more information to:
      10324 N Bonnie Ct
      Nine Mile Falls, WA 99206
      Contact : Dennis Standridge, (509) 465 - 9478
      E-Mail: distandr@...

      7/10/2004 to 7/11/2004
      Penrose Point State Park
      68291
      City and State: Lakebay WA
      Host Club: Key Peninsula Lions Volkssport Club
      Distance and Trail Rating: 10k
      Start Point Address: See Directions
      Event Description: (2) Walk briefly on hard top country road from
      Start/Finish point to dirt trails in primeval forests in the park. The
      well-cleared trails meander up and down gentle hills through dense
      forests with a vast variety of trees, bushes, and along Puget Sound
      beaches with a variety of inland birds and water fowl.
      Start Times: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm both days. Finish by 4pm both d
      Contact: Hugh McMillan , (253 ) 884 - 3319
      E-Mail Contact: hmcmnp1000@...
      Awards and Fees: "B" awards available. Credit only is $3.00.
      Directions: State Route 16 from Tacoma or Bremerton to Purdy/
      Shelton/Key Center exit. At Purdy, take State Route 302 WEST. Continue
      onto Key Peninsula Highway through Key Center, through Home, 8/10 mile
      to left turn marked with Penrose Point State Park sign, follow signs
      toward the park to Ulsh Road, which will be marked with Volkssport sign,
      turn left onto Ulsh Road and follow to the Volksmarch registration desk.
      A note of explanation: We have arranged with our friends, the Ulsh's, to
      set up our Start/Finish registration desk on their property where
      walkers may park their vehicles at no charge (State Parks require a
      $5.00 parking fee).
      Comments: Trails are not suited for wheelchairs or strollers. Water
      and restroom available at Start/finish and about the halfway point. Cold
      drinks and snack food available at the Start/Finish point. Pets are
      permitted; owners are responsible for leash and clean up laws. Park has
      camping, restrooms, showers, swimming, RV facilities, boating, picnic
      areas, and, in season, clamming. Those wishing to avail themselves of
      overnight amenities, call Park Ranger at 253-884-2514 for reservations.
      Event will be held regardless of weather. Please contribute your used
      eyeglasses and hearing aids; the Lions Club will recycle them to the needy.

      WALLA WALLA POINT PARK July 16, 2004
      2004 Northwest Regional Conference
      SANCTION NO: NW04/67451
      SPONSORS: ESVA
      New Balance
      LOCATION: Walla Walla Point Park, Wenatchee, WA
      B3: Wenatchee, WA
      WA STATE Trails, Mts., Park
      CHALLENGE: Chelan Co.
      COUNTY: Chelan
      START TIME: 7:00 AM – 10:00 AM
      FINISH TIME: 1:00 PM
      DISTANCE: 5K and 10K
      TRAIL: 2 Walk on paved trail, along Columbia River, Walla Walla and
      Confluence Park and nature dirt trail. Suitable for wheelchairs and
      strollers.
      AWARD: A 100% embroidered uncut patch depicting Bavarian Dancers,
      designed by Dorman Batson is $7.00. NO REORDERS. Credit only is
      $3.00. Free participants are welcome but all must register, carry, and
      return a start card.
      MISCELLANEOUS: Water and restrooms at start/finish. Water at most
      checkpoints. Restrooms along trail. Pets on leash are permitted but not
      in buildings. Owners are responsible for leash and cleanup laws.
      MORE INFO: Dorm Batson 253-927-2495
      DIRECTIONS: From West: Traveling I-5 to Everett, Hwy 2 to Leavenworth,
      WA. Continue on US2 to Wenatchee, after crossing the bridge into
      Wenatchee, Left at the 3rd traffic light (Hawley St), Left at Walla
      Walla Ave., Left into Walla Walla Point Park. Stay right and follow signs.
      From East: I-90 take exit #281 to Quincy, US #28 to US #2 OR
      I-90 exit at CleElum take US 97. Right at #2. to Wenatchee, after
      crossing the bridge into Wenatchee, Left at the 3rd traffic light
      (Hawley St), Left at Walla Walla Ave., Left into Walla Walla Point
      Park. Stay right and follow signs.

      DRYDEN WALK July 17, 2004
      2004 Northwest Regional Conference
      SANCTION NO: NW04/67447
      SPONSORS: ESVA
      New Balance
      LOCATION: Dryden softballs fields and park, Dryden, WA
      B3: Leavenworth, WA
      WA STATE Mts., Park
      CHALLENGE: Chelan Co.
      COUNTY: Chelan
      START TIME: 7:00 AM – 10:00 AM
      FINISH TIME: 1:00 PM
      DISTANCE: 10K
      TRAIL: 2 You will walk along county roads with views of mountains,
      orchards and the Wenatchee River.
      AWARD: A 100% embroidered UNCUT patch depicting Bavarian Town, Park,
      Pool, Ski Trail designed by Dorman Batson is $7.00. NO REORDERS.
      Credit only is $3.00. Free participants are welcome but all must
      register, carry, and return a start card.
      MISCELLANEOUS: Water and restrooms at start/finish. Water at most
      checkpoints, good idea to carry water. Pets are permitted but not in
      buildings. Owners are responsible for leash and cleanup laws
      MORE INFO: Dorm Batson 253-927-2495
      DIRECTIONS: From West: Traveling I-5 to Everett, US 2 to Leavenworth,
      WA. Continue on Hwy to Leavenworth. Continue on US 2 about 6 miles to
      mile post 106 and turn Left and follow volkssport signs..
      From East: I-90 take exit #281 to Quincy, US #28 to US #2 to Dryden. OR
      I-90 exit at CleElum take US 97, turn right at US #2 go about 1 mile to
      mile post #106 and follow volkssport signs.

      LEAVENWORTH BIKE July 17, 200
      2004 Northwest Regional Conference
      SANCTION NO: NW04/67448
      SPONSORS: ESVA
      New Balance
      LOCATION: Chumstick Grange Hall
      B3: Leavenworth, WA
      COUNTY: Chelan
      START TIME: 7:00 AM – 10:00 AM
      FINISH TIME: 1:00 PM
      DISTANCE: 25K
      TRAIL: 2+ Scenic ride along residential and county roads, orchards, and
      along rivers with Mountain views. There are two hills.
      AWARD: A 100% embroidered UNCUT patch depicting Bavarian Town, Park,
      Pool, Ski Trail designed by Dorman Batson is $7.00. NO REORDERS.
      Credit only is $3.00. Free participants are welcome but all must
      register, carry, and return a start card.
      MISCELLANEOUS: Water and restrooms at start/finish. Water at most
      checkpoints, good idea to carry water. Pets are permitted but not in
      buildings. Owners are responsible for leash and cleanup laws.
      MORE INFO: Dorm Batson 253-927-2495
      DIRECTIONS: From West: Traveling I-5 to Everett, Hwy 2 to Leavenworth,
      WA. Continue on Hwy into town, turn right on Front St. Gustav’s will
      be on your left, and Chumstick Grange Hall is on your right.
      From East: I-90 take exit # to Quincy, hwy #28 to hwy #2
      I-90 exit at CleElum take Hwy 97, turn left at #2. after the 3rd
      stoplight turn left onto Front St. Chumstick Grange Hall is on your right.

      LEAVENWORTH SWIM July 18, 2004
      2004 Northwest Regional Conference
      SANCTION NO: NW04/67452
      SPONSORS: ESVA
      New Balance
      LOCATION: Leavenworth, WA
      B3:
      COUNTY: Chelan
      START TIME: 10:00 AM
      FINISH TIME: 12:00 PM
      DISTANCE: 300 Meters
      AWARD: A 100% embroidered UNCUT patch depicting Bavarian Town, Park,
      Pool, Ski Trail designed by Dorman Batson is $7.00. NO REORDERS.
      Credit only is $3.00. Free participants are welcome but all must
      register, carry, and return a start card.
      MISCELLANEOUS: Water and restrooms at start/finish. No Pets
      MORE INFO: Dorm Batson 253927-2495
      DIRECTIONS: From West: Traveling I-5 to Everett, Hwy 2 to Leavenworth,
      WA. Continue on Hwy into town, turn right on Front St. Gustav’s will
      be on your left, and Chumstick Grange Hall is on your right.
      From East: I-90 take exit # to Quincy, hwy #28 to hwy #2
      I-90 exit at CleElum take Hwy 97, turn left at #2. after the 3rd
      stoplight turn left onto Front St. Chumstick Grange Hall is on your right.

      LEAVENWORTH WALK July 18, 2004
      2004 Northwest Regional Conference
      SANCTION NO: NW04/67450
      SPONSORS: ESVA
      New Balance
      LOCATION: Chumstick Grange Hall, Leavenworth, WA
      B3: Leavenworth, WA
      WA STATE Trails, Mts. Park
      CHALLENGE: Chelan Co.
      COUNTY: Chelan
      START TIME: 7:00 AM – 12:00 AM
      FINISH TIME: 3:00 PM
      DISTANCE: 11K
      TRAIL: Rated 2, You will walk along county roads with views of the
      mountains, orchards, residential and commercial areas. Part of the
      route will take you on the XC ski trail at the ski hill.
      AWARD: A 100% embroidered UNCUT patch depicting Bavarian Town, Park,
      Pool, Ski Trail designed by Dorman Batson is $7.00. NO REORDERS.
      Credit only is $3.00. Free participants are welcome but all must
      register, carry, and return a start card.
      MISCELLANEOUS: Water and restrooms at start/finish. Water at
      checkpoints, good idea to carry water. Pets are permitted but not in
      buildings. Owners are responsible for leash and cleanup laws.
      MORE INFO: Dorm Batson 253-927-2495
      DIRECTIONS: From West: Traveling I-5 to Everett, Hwy 2 to Leavenworth,
      WA. Continue on Hwy into town, turn right on Front St. Gustav’s will
      be on your left, and Chumstick Grange Hall is on your right.
      From East: I-90 take exit #281 to Quincy, hwy #28 to hwy #2 OR
      I-90 exit at CleElum take Hwy 97, turn left at #2. after the 3rd
      stoplight turn left onto Front St. Chumstick Grange Hall is on your right.

      2004 Northwest Regional Conference
      Welcome to Leavenworth
      The Bavarian Volkssport Association is honored to have been selected by
      the ESVA to host the 9th Biennial Northwest Regional Conference in
      Leavenworth, Washington. The AVA's very active Northwest Region
      encompasses Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. Volkssporters from all
      AVA regions are invited to join us in Leavenworth for this event. Come,
      relax and enjoy our hospitality while participating with fellow
      Volkssporters in workshops, three walks, one bike and a swim in this
      quaint town and nearby hills.
      The Bavarian village of Leavenworth lies in the Upper Valley of the
      Wenatchee River in the eastern foothills of the North Cascade mountains
      and is surrounded by spectacular Alp-like scenery. Much of the local
      architecture and cuisine is authentic Bavarian and many of the residents
      are of German descent. Today, more than one million annual visitors
      enjoy Leavenworth's charm, very active cultural life and the surrounding
      area.
      Anyone may attend the events and register at the event on the day they
      walk, bike, or swim

      Thursday July 15
      REGISTRATION
      Chumstick Grange Hall
      4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
      INFORMAL SOCIAL
      7:00 pm - 8:00 pm

      Friday July 16
      REGISTRATION
      Chumstick Grange Hall
      7:00 AM - 12:00 noon
      Walk: WALLA WALLA POINT PARK (see above info)
      Start Point: WWP Park Start Time: 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM Finish Time: 1:00
      PM Distance: 10 km rated moderate 2

      WORKSHOPS
      2:00 PM and 3:00 PM
      Chumstick Grange Hall
      SOCIAL
      A Bavarian Buffet
      5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
      Chumstick Grange Hall

      Saturday July 17
      REGISTRATION
      Chumstick Grange Hall
      7:30AM - 12:00 (noon)

      Saturday July 17 DRYDEN PINNACLES WALK (see info above)
      Start Point: Dryden Softball Field Start Time: 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
      Finish Time: 1:00 PM Distance: 10K (6.2 miles) rated moderate 2

      Saturday July 17 LEAVENWORTH BIKE (see info above)
      Start Point: Chumstick Grange Hall Start Time: 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM Finish
      Time: 1:00 PM Distance: 25K (15.5 miles)

      WORKSHOPS
      2:00 PM and 3:00 PM
      Chumstick Grange Hall

      BANQUET (Pre-registration was required by May 31)
      Leavenworth Golf Club House
      Social Hour: 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
      Dinner follows

      Sunday July 18 LEAVENWORTH WALK (see info above)
      Start Point: Chumstick Grange Hall Start Time: 7:00 AM - 12:00 (noon)
      Finish Time: 3:00 PM Distance: 11K (6.8 miles) rated moderate 2+

      Sunday July 18 LEAVENWORTH SWIM (see info above)
      Start Point: Chumstick Grange Hall Start Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 (noon)
      Finish Time: 12:30 PM Distance: 300 meter

      REGISTRATION DEADLINE for CONFERENCE (Anyone may attend the events and
      register at the event on the day they walk, bike, or swim)
      Registration packets will be available for pick-up July 15th, 16 and 17
      at Chumstick Grange Hall. Participants should complete the Conference
      Registration Form and return with full payment No later than May 31,
      2004 Caterers and suppliers require large deposits in advance. There
      will be a
      $25.00 late fee for registrations postmarked after May 31st deadline
      REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
      Social Hour, Rental of swimming pool, Rental of Chumstick Grange Hall,
      Bavarian Buffet, Music by Little Kapelle at the Buffet, Banquet at
      Leavenworth Golf Club
      Printing, postage and supplies
      Leavenworth Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center
      (509) 548-5907
      P.O. Box 327
      www.leavenworth.org
      POINTS OF CONTACT
      ESVA President: Dorman Batson
      (253) 927-2495
      dlbatsonfedwy@...
      BVA President: Mike Merz
      (509) 548-5376
      merzpeshastin@...
      http://www.esva.org/leavenworth.html

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable ESVA and mail to:

      ESVA
      10228 ~ 29th Street, East
      Puyallup, WA 98372-1756

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)