Walking in November

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2000
      NOVEMBER 4 (SATURDAY) WOODLAND PARK AUTUMN WALK
      SANCTION NO: NW00/105
      SPONSORS: F.S. Family Wanderers
      Seattle Parks & Recreation
      New Balance Shoes
      LOCATION: Hamilton Middle School
      1610 N 41st St 98103
      Seattle WA
      START TIME: 8:00 am – 12:30 pm
      FINISH TIME: 3:30 pm
      DISTANCE: 10 km (6.2 miles) 5 km (3.1 miles)
      TRAIL: (2) Walk on sidewalks and dirt and wood chip trails through
      Woodland Park, around Green Lake, and through Wallingford residential
      areas. Strollers may have difficulty. Not suitable for wheelchairs.
      AWARD: "B" awards are $3.00. Credit only is $2.00. Free walkers are
      welcome but must register, carry, and return a start card.
      HATPIN: "B" hatpins are $1.00.
      PRE-REGISTRATION: None.
      MISCELLANEOUS: Water and restrooms at start/finish, checkpoint(s), and
      along the route. Food available at start/finish. Pets are permitted but
      NOT in building(s). Owners are responsible for leash and clean up laws.
      F. S. FAMILY WANDERERS WILL HOST THE ESVA MEETING AT 1:00 pm.
      MORE INFO: Betty McEachran (206) 824-2907 ext 155 Mon-Fri or Randy
      Potter (206) 523-9313. Please do not call after 9:00 pm.
      DIRECTIONS: I-5: Exit #169 (NE 45th St). Northbound left/southbound
      right on NE 45th St. Left on Wallingford Ave N. Right on N 41st St. In
      one block (Densmore Ave N), turn right and then left into parking lot.
      If lot is full, use on street parking.
      PARKING IS VERY LIMITED. PLEASE CARPOOL.

      NOVEMBER 5 (SUNDAY) SPLIT TICKET WALK
      SANCTION NO: NW00/
      SPONSOR: Four Plus Foolhardy Folks
      LOCATION: Doolittle Pioneer Park
      Index WA
      START TIME: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
      FINISH TIME: 4:00 pm
      DISTANCE: 10 km (6.2 miles)
      5 km (3.1 miles)
      TRAIL: (1) 7km of route selected by your favorite political party is a
      flat, easy, paved route through downtown
      Index and along the Skykomish River. (3-5) 3km of route selected by the
      rotten, no-good opposition party is
      along the base of Index Town Wall (cliff) on climber’s trails. Climbers
      have steeper grades. Not suitable for
      strollers or wheelchairs.
      AWARD: A 2¼" multicolored 100% embroidered patch with an election theme,
      designed by Dorman Batson, is
      $5.50 pre-registered and $6.50 day of event. 50 AVAILABLE. NO REORDERS.
      Credit only is $2.00. Free
      walkers are welcome but must register, carry, and return a start card.
      HATPIN: An elephant or donkey is $3.00 each.
      PRE-REGISTRATION: Must be postmarked by November 1st. Make check payable
      and mail to: Four Plus
      Foolhardy Folks, c/o Vik Pupols, 942 N Montgomery, Bremerton WA 98312
      MISCELLANEOUS: Water and restrooms at start/finish. Pets are permitted
      but NOT in building(s). Owners
      are responsible for leash and clean up laws.
      EAT AT BUSH HOUSE! WEAR GORE-TEX!
      MORE INFO: Vik Pupols (360) 377-4508
      DIRECTIONS: US2: Index is one mile north of US2 (Stevens Pass Hwy) near
      MP37.

      NOVEMBER 11 (SATURDAY) WASHINGTON VETERAN’S WALK
      SANCTION NO: NW00/
      SPONSOR: Evergreen State Volkssport Association
      LOCATION: State Capitol Building State Capitol Campus Olympia WA
      START TIME: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
      FINISH TIME: 4:00 pm
      DISTANCE: 11 km ( 6.8 miles) 5 km (3.1 miles)
      TRAIL: (2) Walk on sidewalks and paths to the Miller Brewery and
      Tumwater Falls Park. Explore the Capitol
      Campus including the new War Memorial. Suitable for strollers. Not
      suitable for wheelchairs.
      AWARD: Credit only is $2.00. Free walkers are welcome but must register,
      carry, and return a start card.
      HATPIN: None.
      MISCELLANEOUS: Water and restrooms at start/finish and along the route.
      Pets are permitted but NOT in building(s). Owners are responsible for
      leash and clean up laws.
      There will be a ceremony commemorating Veterans Day on the Capitol
      grounds in the morning.
      MORE INFO: Dorothy Steedle (206) 284-7560
      DIRECTIONS: I-5 Northbound: Exit #105. I-5 Southbound: Exit #105A. West
      on 14th straight to Capitol Way.
      Cross into campus. Follow signs to Capitol Building.

      NOVEMBER 11 (SATURDAY) WASHINGTON VETERAN’S BIKE
      SANCTION NO: NW00/
      SPONSOR: Evergreen State Volkssport Association
      LOCATION: State Capitol Building State Capitol Campus Olympia WA
      START TIME: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
      FINISH TIME: 4:00 pm
      DISTANCE: 30 km (18.6 miles)
      TRAIL: (2+) Goes from the Capitol north on lightly traveled roads to a
      turn around north of the Olympia
      metropolitan area on the peninsula.
      AWARD: Credit only is $2.00. Free bikers are welcome but must register,
      carry, and return a start card.
      HATPIN: None.
      MISCELLANEOUS: Water and restrooms at start/finish and along the route.
      Pets at owner’s discretion.
      Owners are responsible for leash and clean up laws.
      There will be a ceremony commemorating Veterans Day on the Capitol
      grounds in the morning.
      MORE INFO: Buzz Gorman (360) 577-3404
      DIRECTIONS: I-5 Northbound: Exit #105. I-5 Southbound: Exit #105A. West
      on 14th straight to Capitol Way.
      Cross into campus. Follow signs to Capitol Building.

      NOVEMBER 25 (SATURDAY)
      12TH ANNUAL TURKEY TROT
      SANCTION NO: NW00/051
      SPONSORS: Puget Sound Sloshers New Balance Shoes
      LOCATION: Edmonds Community College
      20000 69th Ave W Edmonds WA
      START TIME: 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
      FINISH TIME: 3:00 pm
      DISTANCE: 11 km (6.8 miles) 5 km (3.2 miles)
      TRAIL: (2) Walk along paved city streets, sidewalks, and wooded park
      trails. Strollers may have difficulty. Not suitable for wheelchairs.
      AWARD: "B" awards are available. Credit only is $2.00. Free walkers are
      welcome but must register, carry, and return a start card.
      HATPIN: Club hatpins are $2.00. "B: hatpins are $1.00.
      PRE-REGISTRATION: None.
      MISCELLANEOUS: Water and restrooms at start/finish and checkpoint(s).
      Pets are permitted but NOT in building(s). Owners are responsible for
      leash and clean up laws. New Balance reps will be on site selling and
      fitting shoes.
      There will be a drawing for 2 pairs of New Balance shoes.
      The club will be collecting non-perishable items or cash donations for
      the food bank.
      MORE INFO: Ron/Lorrie Pedersen (206) 542-8694
      DIRECTIONS: I-5 Northbound: Exit #181 (Lynnwood). Left at light on 44th
      Ave W. Left on 200th St SW for 1 and 3/10 miles to the college campus.
      I-5 Southbound: Exit #181 (Lynnwood). Right at light on 196th St SW for
      2 miles to 68th Ave W. Left 2 blocks to the college campus. I-405
      Northbound to I-5. Follow I-5 southbound directions. EDMONDS/KINGSTON
      FERRY: East on SR524 to 68th Ave W. Right two blocks to college campus.

      Wendy Bumgardner
      About.com Guide to Walking
      http://walking.about.com
      walking.guide@...