811Fwd: [walkwashington] Triangle of Fire Walking Weekend Fort Casey - updates

    May 24, 2013
      The I-5 bridge collapse may also impact being able to get to events this weekend.

      Note to clubs -- please know that I only COPY AND PASTE what is on the AVA.org web site that YOU entered. I copy it 4+ weeks before your event and send it out each week. Please read it as it may surprise you what you have entered and not edited on the AVA web site. If there are changes, you have to notify me as I don't check for changes each week. (They would be very hard to detect!) This is the same as it would be for a printed publication, only I have the ability to send updates if I know there is one.

      TRIANGLE OF FIRE WALKS
      MAY 25 – 26 (SATURDAY/SUNDAY)
      SANCTION #:​ 95441
      SPONSOR:​ NW Tulip Trekkers ​
      LOCATION:​ Fort Casey State Park
      A2​ WHIDBEY ISLAND WA
      START TIME:​ Noon – 3:30 pm ​
      FINISH TIME:​ 6:30 pm ​
      DISTANCE:​ 10 km (6.2 miles)
      ​ 5 km (3.1 miles)

      TRAIL: (1C) Walk on park and rural roads, wooded paths, in the park and along the bluff. Visit Admiralty Head Lighthouse and the restored artillery bunkers. Not suitable for strollers or wheelchairs.

      AWARD: Walk any of the Triangle of Fire walks and purchase the limited edition multi-colored 4”x3” patch for $7.00. Credit only is $3.00. Free participants are welcome but all must register, carry, and return a start card.

      PRE-REGISTRATION: For all Triangle of Fire events must be received by May 1st. Make check payable and mail to: NW Tulip Trekkers, PO Box 1603, Mount Vernon, WA 98273. Find registration form at www.nwtrekkers.org

      MISCELLANEOUS: Water and restrooms at start/finish and along the route. Pets permitted but NOT in building(s). Owners responsible for leash and clean up laws.

      Friend Bratwurst BBQ on Sunday 11:00 am – 2:00 pm (or while supplies last. There are low tide ferry cancellations. Check ferry schedule at: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/

      Washington State Discovery Pass required for parking.

      CHALLENGES: ESVA: All Clubs/ISLAND County/
      State Parks

      MORE INFO: Curt Myron 360 679 3638
      Email: cmmyron@...

      DIRECTIONS: I-5: Exit #230 (SR20W) to Whidbey Island and Coupeville. At the stoplight with the pedestrian overpass in Coupeville, turn RIGHT. Continue past Fort Casey. RIGHT at first parking lot past the Ferry Landing. Limited street parking.
      From Port Townsend-Coupeville Ferry: Follow signs
      to start point.