Walk Saturday 6/06/09 Upper Marlboro, MD

  • Bob Schmick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2009
      City / State:
      A Great Sunny Day Woods Walk. After the walk I will be cooking My Wurst.
      Please stop by and enjoy.
      Car Pool will leave Tam Joines parking lot at 8:00 AM Bob.

      Upper Marlboro, MD
      Event Name: National Trails Day Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 80871
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5k, 10k - 2
      the beautiful Patuxent River. There will be great views of the river and
      adjoining marshes. The area has abundant wildlife, especially birds, so
      cameras and binoculars are highly recommended. The walk routes are mostly
      shaded and primarily on natural surface trails. There are some hills and
      steps, and the possibility of wet spots. Sturdy shoes are recommended.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes

      Special Classifications: Museums, Riverwalk America
      Start Times: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., finish by 5 p.m.
      Location: Selby's Landing, Patuxent River Park
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 16000 Croom Airport Road, Upper
      Marlboro, MD 20722

      From Baltimore: follow I-97/MD 3/MD 301 corridor south, past Crofton, Bowie,
      and Upper Marlboro, to traffic light at Croom Road. Turn LEFT onto Croom
      Road/MD 382. Follow Croom Road for 3.1 miles. Turn LEFT onto Croom Airport
      Road (Patuxent River Park sign on right). Follow Croom Airport Road for 3.0
      miles, to end at old airfield. Do not turn onto the main park entrance road.
      Turn LEFT onto Critical Area Driving Tour route. Follow it for .75 miles to
      parking lot at Selby's Landing.

      From Washington Beltway: take Exit 11A, Pennsylvania Avenue/MD 4 South
      toward Upper Marlboro and Prince Frederick. Just past Upper Marlboro, at MD
      301, exit MD 4 and go south on MD 301 to traffic light at Croom Road. Turn
      LEFT onto Croom Road/MD 382. Follow Croom Road for 3.1 miles. Turn LEFT onto
      Croom Airport Road (Patuxent River Park sign on right). Follow Croom Airport
      Road for 3.0 miles, to end at old airfield. Do not turn onto the main park
      entrance road. Turn LEFT onto Critical Area Driving Tour route. Follow it
      for .75 miles to parking lot at Selby's Landing.

      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: This is a registered National Trails Day event. NTD souvenir
      items will be given away to winners of a random drawing.
      Chef Bob will be cooking his famous wurst at the finish. Cold drinks and
      water will also be available.
      Host Club: Chesapeake Bay Country Wanderers
      Contact: Mike Quinlan (301) 805-4278
      Website: <http://www.mdvolks.org/cbcw> www.mdvolks.org/cbcw
      E-Mail Contact: <mailto:mikemq@...> mikemq@...