Walk Saturday 2/07/09 Annapolis, MD

  • Bob Schmick
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4 9:24 AM
      This week we will walk our YRE in Annapolis. Remember to bring Drivers
      License as the USNA requires ID to enter. No car pool just park in Gott's
      Garage which is behind the Visitors Center. TIME is 9:00 AM.
      Bob

      <http://www.ava.org/walk/cal.htm> Walking Events > Event Details
      <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/clubsbystate.asp?EvState=MD> Other Clubs in
      this State

      Dates: 1/2/2009 - 12/31/2009
      City / State: Annapolis, MD
      Event Name:
      Event Type: Year Round Walk
      Event ID: 82519 2009/Y0264
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10 km - 1
      also the capital of Maryland and the home of the U.S. Naval Academy. The
      route follows road shoulders and primarily sidewalks. Annapolis pavements
      are rough (part of the historic flavor) but suitable for large-wheeled
      strollers. Dogs are not encouraged due to USNA restrictions. There is an
      alternate trail that does not go through the Naval Academy or State House.
      Photo ID needed to enter the Naval Academy. Visitor Bureau hours are: 9-5
      daily except Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Year's Day,
      Amenities: Strollers: Medium | Wheelchairs: Medium | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Classifications: American Revolution Walks, Historic
      Churches, Hooray for Hollywood, Riverwalk America, State Capital, US
      Presidents, Veteran Memorials
      Start Times:
      Location: Annapolis and Anne Arundel County Conference & Visitors
      Bureau
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 26 West St, Annapolis, MD 21401
      Phone 410-280-0445. The major routes to Annapolis are I-97 from the north,
      US-50/301 from either east or west and MD-2 from either north or south. When
      near Annapolis I-97 and MD-2 will merge into US-50/301. Continue on
      US-50/301 and take Exit 24 marked MD-70 South, Rowe Blvd., Annapolis.
      Continue south on Rowe Blvd. cross Weems Creek. Stay alert-the remaining
      directions go quickly: After crossing College Creek Rowe Blvd. veer right,
      then veer left onto Northwest Street. Stay in right lane. Visitors Bureau
      parking garage is a short distance on right. Parking is charged. If Visitors
      Center parking lot is full, or there is no place to discharge bus patrons,
      retrace your path to Rowe Blvd. Make 1st left onto Taylor Ave. and park
      (fee) in the Navy Stadium on your right. Take the shuttle trolley to
      Visitors Bureau.

      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments:
      Host Club: Annapolis Amblers