Walkl Saturday 01/10/09 Relay, MD

  • Bob Schmick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2009
      A nice close in walk, Let's meet at the Tam Joine's Parking lot and leave at
      8:30 AM, that is half way between 8 & 9. Lunch in Catonsville
      Bob
      _____

      Walking Events <http://www.ava.org/walk/cal.htm> > Event Details

      Other Clubs <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/clubsbystate.asp?EvState=MD> in
      this State

      Dates:

      1/10/2009 - 1/10/2009

      City / State:

      Relay, MD

      Event Name:

      Event Type:

      Walk

      Event ID:

      80653

      Distance - Trail Ratings:

      5 & 10 km - 2

      Trail goes through the historic town of Relay, MD. Horse drawn wagons were
      once trains and ran on wooden rails. Hoses were changed between towns and
      this was called a RELAY, thus the changing point became known as the town of
      Relay, MD. There are very few sidewalks and street parking is limited.
      However, the MARC train parking lot is within walking distance. Severe
      weather conditions will cancel this event.

      Amenities:

      Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes

      Special Classifications:

      Railroad Heritage, USA State Parks

      Start Times:

      8 am to 1 pm, finish by 4 pm

      Location:

      Catholic Community Center at Relay

      Start Point / Driving Directions:

      5025 Cedar Ave. From northern Virginia/ DC area: Take 295N. Merge onto I-195
      toward I-95, Catonsville. Merge onto US-1 South/Washington Blvd via exit 3
      toward Relay/Elkridge/State Park. Turn right onto South St. South St becomes
      S Rolling Road. Stay straight to go onto Cedar Avenue. From Western MD: Take
      70 East to I-695 South, Baltimore/Glen Burnie. Take Exit 12A/US-1 North
      exit. Turn slight right onto Southwestern Blvd/US-1 South. Right onto Clark
      Blvd. Left onto Cedar Avenue. From Philadelphia area: Take I-95 South to
      I-195 East toward BWI Airport. Take Washington Blvd/US 1 toward Elkridge.
      Right onto South Street. South Street becomes S Rolling Road. Turn right on
      S Rolling Road. Stay straight onto Cedar Ave.

      Awards & Fees:

      IVV Credit Only

      Comments:

      Bathroom at start/finish. Dogs are allowed but not in the start point. Dogs
      must be leashed and cleaned up after per Baltimore County law.

      Host Club:

      Baltimore Walking Club

      Contact:

      Jo Ann Barsda (410) 247-4524