Request for Volunteers Sept. 4-5-6

  • Wendy Bumgardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2008
      Please reply only to:
      don't reply to this message itself.

      Dear Friends,

      Please volunteer to help out with the AVA's booth at the AARP's
      convention in Washington DC on September 4th, 5th, and 6th..

      The AVA has invested a lot of money to host a booth at the AARP's
      Convention at the DC Convention Center on September 4th, 5th, and 6th.

      The AARP is expecting nearly 40,000 people to attend, and the AVA is
      hoping to introduce Volkssporting to potentially thousands of people.

      The AVA is in need of volunteers to help me man this booth for the three
      days. This will be a GREAT opportunity for us to promote the concept of
      Volkssporting and to market our own clubs and events in the Atlantic Region.

      Please send me an email to skipcoburn@... if you can volunteer
      for a few hours on September 4th, 5th, or 6th. I have done this on many
      occasions in the past, and it really is a lot of fun meeting people and
      sharing with them the joy, fun, and friendship of our sport.

      ALSO, it is always great to have little give-aways at these convention,
      health fair, and similar events. Please send me any left over patches or
      other awards (or let me know where I can pick them up). This would be a
      big help.

      Please check out:

      It takes a while to download.

      Please call me if you have any questions.

      Thank you very much,
      Skip Coburn
      Regional Director
      Atlantic Region