Walk Saturday 9/08/07 Burke, VA

  • Bob Schmick
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2007
      This week we are off to Va. We will walk through the 30th Ann. Fest. We will
      leave the Tam Joines Parking lot at 8:00 AM.

      Bob

      Burke Centre Commons Community Center

      77697

      9/8/2007 to 9/9/2007

      <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/events_results.asp?EvState=VA> Return to
      Event listings by state

      <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/clubsbystate.asp?EvState=VA> Other Clubs in
      this state

      Event Special Classifications

      This event doesn't have any special classifications assigned.

      City and State: Burke VA

      Host Club: Northern Virginia Volksmarchers

      Distance and Trail Rating: 5/10K 2

      Start Point Address / Driving Directions:
      Start Point Address: 5701 Roberts Parkway From the Capital
      Beltway(I-495) take exit 54A(Braddock Road West/Fairfax). Continue on
      Braddock Rd. for about 2.6 Miles to Guinea Road. Turn left on Guinea Rd. and
      follow it for about 0.6 miles to Twinbrook Lane. Turn left to remain on
      Guinea Rd. for 1.7 Miles until you come to an intersection with a Target
      store on the left. . Bear right on New Guinea Rd. for two blocks to the
      traffic signal at Roberts Parkway. Turn left on Roberts Pkwy, and cross a
      railroad overpass. At the far end of the overpass, turn left at the traffic
      light into the parking lot at the Commons Community Center. If lot is full,
      you can park at the nearby VRE railroad station.

      Event Description: The trails to be walked during this event are among the
      many paths through the lovely community of Burke Centre. The route will also
      pass through the 30th Anniversary Festival for the community of Burke
      Centre. The festival will include many special events such as a full-size
      carousel ride, a wine tasting area, a Jamestown Settlement historical booth
      to commemorate the 400th Anniversary and appearances throughout the weekend
      by Star War characters to commemorate the movies 30th Anniversary.

      Start Times: 8:00AM to 1:00 PM

      Contact: Dan & Donna Roy , (703 ) 250 - 2814

      Event Website: www.pollow.com/nvvc

      E-Mail Contact: walkingroys@...
      <mailto:walkingroys%40verizon%2Enet>

      Awards and Fees:
      A Award

      Comments:
      The 5KM trail is rated 1 and is suitable for wheel chairs and
      strollers

      Amenities:
      Strollers: NO Wheelchairs: NO Pets: Yes Restrooms: Yes