Walk Saturday 6/09/07 Columbia, MD

  • Bob Schmick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2007
      This week we are back to Columbia for a city walk. If you are brave a second
      walk is in DC that follows the Freemasons.

      We will leave the Tam Joines Lot at 8:00 AM.

      REMEMBER 8:00 AM

      Bob

      Owen Brown Community Center

      77560

      6/9/2007 to 6/9/2007

      <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/events_results.asp?EvState=MD> Return to
      Event listings by state

      <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/clubsbystate.asp?EvState=MD> Other Clubs in
      this state

      Event Special Classifications

      This event doesn't have any special classifications assigned.

      City and State: Columbia MD

      Host Club: Columbia Volksmarch Club

      Distance and Trail Rating: 10km/05km 1+

      Start Point Address / Driving Directions:
      6800 Cradlerock Way Columbia, MD Directions to the Owen Brown Community
      Center: From I-95: Take Rt. 32 West toward Columbia to the first exit,
      Broken Land Parkway. Take Broken Land Parkway North to 2nd light, Cradlerock
      Way. Right on Cradlerock; approximately one mile to Owen Brown Community
      Center on left. From Rte. 29: Take Broken Land Parkway toward Oakland
      Mills/Owen Brown (away from the Mall) to 2nd light, Cradlerock Way. Left on
      Cradlerock; pass library and school, continuing to Owen Brown Community
      Center on right.

      Event Description: Trail will be on paved paths and sidewalks in Columbia
      Village of Owen Brown. Trail includes Lake Elkhorn. Part of "Get Active
      Howard County"

      Start Times: 07:30am to 10:00am

      Contact: John Dye , (410 ) 290 - 3777

      National Masonic Trail, Almas Shrine Temple

      74932

      6/9/2007 to 6/9/2007

      <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/events_results.asp?EvState=DC> Return to
      Event listings by state

      <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/clubsbystate.asp?EvState=DC> Other Clubs in
      this state

      Event Special Classifications

      This event doesn't have any special classifications assigned.

      City and State: Washington DC DC

      Host Club: U.S. Freedom Walk Festival Club

      Distance and Trail Rating: 12/6 1

      Start Point Address / Driving Directions:
      Almas Shrine Temple, 13th and K St, Washington, DC: I-395 north to 14th
      Street exit. Take 14th Street north through Washington until K Street. Turn
      right on K Street. Temple is on the left. Street parking or lot parking
      below the Temple for $2.50. Garage is north of the corner of 13th and K St.

      Event Description: Learn about Masonic traditions, history, and their
      impact on the founding of the US and Washington DC. Four checkpoints are
      arranged in the "sacred pattern" of the Masons placed into the streets of
      the city. Meet "famous Masons" at each checkpoint along the trail. There is
      a 3 pm ceremony honoring Masons who signed the Declaration of Independence
      at the 8 km location.

      Start Times: 8 am and 1 pm

      Contact: Tim Miner , (703 ) 583 - 5006

      Event Website: www.masonictrail.org