Wear Red This Friday

  • Wendy Bumgardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2006
      ===============
      Wear Red for Women on Friday, Feb. 3
      Heart disease is the number 1 killer of women in the USA, and kills more
      women than men. Wear Red Day calls this to your attention - are you at
      risk?
      http://walking.about.com/b/a/240307.htm

      WALKING ADVENTURES INTERNATIONAL Adventure Preview Open House
      WAI is coming to the Baltimore/D.C. area. Dan and Debbie will present
      two Adventure Preview Slideshows offering a virtual ‘round the world
      tour of our 2006 travel schedule. One $500 travel rebate coupon will be
      given away.
      Discover how to really see the world on a Walking Adventure!
      WHEN & WHERE
      Saturday, February 25 2:00 - 4:00 pm
      Du Burns Arena
      1301 E Ellwood Ave
      Baltimore MD 21224
      Sunday, February 26 1:30 - 3:30 pm
      Twinbrook Community Recreation Center
      12920 Twinbrook Parkway
      Rockville MD 20851
      Questions? Call 1.800.779.0353

      Just in Time for Valentine's Day
      Hearts and Sterling, Gemstone Jewelry Made in New Mexico
      http://pages.prodigy.net/volksware/outdoorsygirl/index.htm
      Hiking Journals - Mini and Regular Size
      http://pages.prodigy.net/lizmitchell/volksware/journals.htm
      And, don't forget our Bargain Bin
      http://pages.prodigy.net/lizmitchell/volksware/bargain.htm
      =============

      2006 Year-Round Events
      http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/year_round_events_listings.asp?StShortName=MD

      Saturday, February 25 & Sunday, February 26,2006 Baltimore's Inner Harbor
      Sanction Number: 73866/73865/73851
      City, State, Country: Baltimore, MD, USA
      Host Club: Baltimore Walking Club
      Distance and Trail Rating:
      Two 10Km and One 5Km trails. AVA rating is 1+.
      Start place address:
      Du Burns Arena
      1301 South Ellwood Avenue
      Baltimore MD 21224
      Start times: 8 AM to 1 PM. Finish by 4 PM
      Event description: Downtown Baltimore
      Each trail will offer a different view of the city, the harbor and
      historic areas.
      Award and fees: No special award.
      Directions:
      From Pennsylvania and areas north of Baltimore:
      Take I-83 south into the city. I-83 becomes President Street. Continue
      on President Street about .5 miles to Fleet Street. Turn left on Fleet.
      Go about 1 mile to Boston Street. Turn right on Boston. Go about 1 mile
      to S. Ellwood Street. Park at the Canton Waterfront Park or in the
      Areana parking lot off of Ellwood. DO NOT enter the arena through the
      front entrance. Follow signs to the Volkswalk entrance on the side of
      the arena.
      From Delaware and areas northeast of Baltimore:
      Take I-95 south into the city. Take exit #57 toward O'Donnell Street.
      Take the O'Donnell street east ramp toward Boston Street. Merge onto
      Interstate Avenue. Stay straight to go onto Boston Street for about 1
      mile to South Ellwood Street. Park at the Canton Waterfront Park or in
      the Areana parking lot off of Ellwood. DO NOT enter the arena through
      the front entrance. Follow signs to the Volkswalk entrance on the side
      of the arena.
      From Virginia and areas southwest of Baltimore:
      Take I-95 north through the Fort McHenry Tunnel. Take the Keith Avenue
      exit #56. Take the ramp toward Clinton Street. Turn a slight right onto
      Keith Avenue. Turn a slight right onto Clinton Street for about 1 mile
      to Boston Street. Turn left on Boston Street to South Ellwood Street.
      Park at the Canton Waterfront Park or in the Areana parking lot off of
      Ellwood. DO NOT enter the arena through the front entrance. Follow signs
      to the Volkswalk entrance on the side of the arena.
      Contact:
      Marie Kupres
      410-592-3171 mkupres@...
      Marlene Simmons
      410-256-7416
      Comments:
      A Civil War and Lighthouse Event. Walking Europe in the US.
      http://baltimorewalkingclub.org/InnerHarbor2006.html

      ================
      2006 Multi-Events Coming Up:

      Savannah, GA Jan 20-21-22, 2006!
      http://home.earthlink.net/~erika.webmaven/Savannah2006_1.html

      Floribama Presidents Day Weekend 2006! February 17, 18, 19, 20, 2006
      Florida Events: http://www.angelfire.com/trek/pensacolafl/PresDay.html
      Alabama Events: http://georgiawalkers.homestead.com/Presidents2006.html

      Discovery Walk Festival, Vancouver, WA April 28-29-30, 2006!
      http://www.discoverywalk.org

      Subscribe to the Atlantic TRAILMASTER!
      Your BEST source for self-paced, individual and family-friendly Walks in
      the Atlantic Region, which is comprised of the states of Delaware,
      District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and
      West Virginia. Each issue includes an event schedule of all
      sanctioned events, year round/seasonals, health and fitness tips, as
      well as regional, national and international news on walking.
      ========
      Yes, I want to subscribe! Subscription rates for 10 issues a year are
      $25.00 first class mail or $15.00 bulk rate mail.

      Here is my check for $______.

      Please print this email, and complete the following:

      Last Name:_______________________________

      First Name:______________________________

      * In case there are questions about your subscription form.

      Please mail this completed subscription form with your payment to:

      Atlantic TRAILMASTER Subscriptions
      5605 Asbury Court
      Alexandria VA 22312-6302