Walk Saturday 7/09/05 Annapolis Md YRE

  • Bob Schmick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2005
      Please join the Annapolis Amblers as we walk our downtown Annapolis YRE. WE
      will walk the
      Naval Academy trail so remember to bring PHOTO ID. We will meet in the rear
      of the Visitors Center at 8;00 AM. We will stamp our books after. I will
      have a number of Trail directions.

      City and State: Annapolis MD

      Host Club: Annapolis Amblers

      Distance and Trail Rating: 10/11km 1

      Start Point Address: 26 West Street, Annapolis, MD 21401 Phone 410-280-0445.
      The major routes to Annapolis are I-97 from the north, US-50/301 from either
      east or west and MD-2 from either north or south. When near Annapolis I-97
      and MD-2 will merge into US-50/301. Continue on US-50/301 and take Exit 24
      marked MD-70 South, Rowe Blvd., Annapolis. Continue south on Rowe Blvd.
      cross Weems Creek. Stay alert-the remaining directions go quickly: After
      crossing College Creek Rowe Blvd. veer right, then veer left onto Northwest
      Street. Stay in right lane. Visitors Bureau parking garage is a short
      distance on right. Parking for first hour is free. Longer time is charged.
      There is no space to park or discharge tour buses. Tour operators please
      contact POC. If Visitors Center parking lot is full, retrace your path to
      Rowe Blvd. Make 1st left onto Taylor Ave. and park (fee) in the Navy Stadium
      on your right. Take the shuttle trolley to Visitors Bureau.

      Event Description: The walk is through the historic City of Annapolis,
      which is also the capital of Maryland and the home of the U.S. Naval
      Academy. The route follows road shoulders and primarily sidewalks. Annapolis
      pavements are rough (part of the historic flavor) but suitable for
      large-wheeled strollers. Dogs are not encouraged due to USNA restrictions.
      There is alternate trail that does not go through the Naval Academy or State
      House. Photo ID needed to enter the Naval Academy.

      Start Times: 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. daily. Closed New Year's Day, Easter

      <http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/gateway.aspx?S=5176697856>