Group Walk Severna Park YRE - bike enthusiast opportunity

  • Wendy Bumgardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2004
      ===============
      Energy Snacks - Buying or Making Them
      http://walking.about.com/cs/snacks/bb/bybenergysnacks.htm

      Walking Adventures International: History, Culture, Scenery, and
      Walking...more than just a walking tour! Join us for the walking event
      of the year - Crazy Horse Memorial Walk the first weekend of June - the
      only time that walkers are allowed on the Memorial. We'll continue our
      15-day "Walking Crazy Horse & the Rockies" adventure (starting and
      ending in Denver) through the magical scenery of the Rocky Mountains in
      Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado. This Adventure
      truly captures the spirit of Buffalo Bill, the Pony Express, Red Cloud,
      Crazy Horse, the Oregon Trail, and other dramatic icons of the Old West,
      all set against a backdrop of some of the most spectacular scenery in
      the world! 11 AVA walks included. June 1 - 15, 2004. Only 10 spots
      left!! Call today to receive more information or to register at
      1-800-779-0353. You can also email fun@... or visit
      us online at http://www.walkingadventures.com

      Special Page for Volkssporters:
      http://pages.prodigy.net/lizmitchell/volksware/volkssport.htm
      Gift Ideas for Gals
      http://pages.prodigy.net/lizmitchell/volksware/giftgal.htm
      Gifts for Guys
      http://pages.prodigy.net/lizmitchell/volksware/giftdad.htm

      =============

      Group YRE Walk Saturday 3/6/04 Severna Park, MD
      Come join our group as we walk the YRE in Severna Park. We will CHANGE
      the meeting place to the shopping center across from the starting point.
      Simply follow the directions below. We will meet at 9:00 AM in the
      parking lot. Plan on a lunch after the walk at the Arnold Bread Co.
      store on Ritchie Hwy. Great soup and sandwiches.
      Keep Walking, Bob S. marktim@...

      Non-Volkssport: SUBJECT: For those walkers who also enjoy biking....
      A friend is looking to expand their membership of biking enthusiasts and
      volunteers.....should be a fun time this Sunday at Rosaryville State
      Park. I'm including his message below:
      Please join us in helping to put Rosaryville on the map as the premier
      Southern Maryland riding spot! So much has been done and with the
      momentum we've gained success is just around the corner. Great thanks go
      out to those that have given up so much of their time and sweat for this
      great park. For others of you this is your turn to add your own touch to
      Rosaryville!!
      You will be able to see firsthand the awesome work performed by Rich
      Edwards of the IMBA Trail Solutions group and our ever ready hardcore
      volunteers!!
      Please join us this Sunday morning after the MORE party to swing Mcleods
      and heft Pulaskis to help us ready Rosaryville's Perimeter trail for a
      great season of riding! We need your help!
      Details: 9:30AM this Sunday meet at the first parking lot on the right
      as you go up the hill in to the park. We will provide hot coffee, bagels
      and cream cheese, cliff bars and tools.
      You bring: Enthusiasm, stout shoes, gloves, water, and extra food for
      yourself if you like.
      Directions: Beltway to Rt. 4 South 2.9 mi. to Woodyard Rd. Exit. Left at
      first light at Osborne Rd. Go 2.9 miles to Right at light at Rt. 301.
      Immediate right into park and pass kiosk lot to top most park lot near
      Pavilion @ 9:30AM sharp.
      Todd 301-848-7649 (cell-call if need further directions)

      Mark Your Calendar for the Atlantic Region Conference!
      Now that the fun of Savannah is behind us, there is still plenty of time
      to make arrangements for the Atlantic Region Conference, March 25 - 28
      at the Holiday Inn in Gettysburg, PA. There will be a meet and greet
      social on Thursday night and a buffet dinner on Saturday along with 3
      days of great Civil War walks in Chambersburg, Gettysburg and
      Westminster MD. There is also an optional ghost walk on Friday night. On
      Friday and Saturday afternoon there will be interesting and informative
      workshops and meetings with some surprise speakers. With rates of $59 +
      tax the Holiday Inn is filling up quickly, but there are plenty of motel
      rooms in Gettysburg at bargain off season rates. For those doing the
      Civil War special events, there are almost enough YREs within an hour of
      Gettysburg to fill your book.
      More information and a brochure can be found at
      http://www.ava.org/clubs/york or contact Atlantic Region director Joan
      Lampart at jmlampart@... or shaffer@...
      http://www.ava.org/clubs/york/pages/2004_arc01.html

      3/28/2004 Westminster Senior Activities Center
      57923
      City and State: Westminster MD
      Host Club: Piedmont Pacers
      Distance and Trail Rating: 10 / 5 The trail is rated 1+
      Start Point Address: Westminster Senior Activities Center, 125 Stoner
      Ave., Westminster MD 21157-5451
      Event Description: The walk is on city sidewalks and streets passing
      points of Civil War interest. There are several instances where the
      trail is slightly uphill.
      Start Times: 8:00 AM through 12 Noon; Finish NLT 3:00 PM
      Contact: Jean Gibbs , (410 ) 581 - 4911
      E-Mail Contact: jag5226@...
      Directions: From MD 140/Center St. intersection, turn towards downtown
      Westminster (away from Town Mall) on Center St.. Continue for 1.1 miles
      to Stoner Ave. (Bishop on the right). Turn LEFT, go 0.2 miles to
      Activities Center on the right. From MD 97/ MD 32 intersection, travel
      towards Westminster on MD 32 for 2.6 miles to Stoner Ave., turn LEFT
      onto Stoner for 0.4 miles to Activities Center on the LEFT.

      Subscribe to the Atlantic TRAILMASTER!
      Your BEST source for self-paced, individual and family-friendly Walks in
      the Atlantic Region, which is comprised of the states of Delaware,
      District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and
      West Virginia. Each issue includes an event schedule of all
      sanctioned events, year round/seasonals, health and fitness tips, as
      well as regional, national and international news on walking.
      ========
      Yes, I want to subscribe! Subscription rates for 10 issues a year are
      $25.00 first class mail or $15.00 bulk rate mail.

      Here is my check for $______.

      Please print this email, and complete the following:

      Last Name:_______________________________

      First Name:______________________________

      * In case there are questions about your subscription form.

      Please mail this completed subscription form with your payment to:

      Atlantic TRAILMASTER Subscriptions
      5605 Asbury Court
      Alexandria VA 22312-6302