Walk Saturday 9/07/13 Laurel Md.

  • Robert Schmick
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2013

      This is a 9-11 Memorial walk, don’t stay at home, join the Amblers as we walk with the Freestate club. Lunch has many choices, come and see where we choose. Car pool will leave the Melting Pot at 8:00 AM.

      Bob

      Bob Schmick, Your President

      Have you brought a walker with you??

      Dates:

      9/7/2013 - 9/7/2013

      City / State:

      Laurel, MD

      Event Name:

      Montpelier Arts Center

      Event Type:

      Walk

      Event ID:

      95349

      Distance - Trail Ratings:

      5km-10km - 2A

      Directions: From the Washington D.C. or Baltimore area: Take the Baltimore-Washington Parkway (Rt. 295) to Route 197 (Laurel-Bowie Road) North towards Laurel. At Crystal Center Shopping Center/Muirkirk Road-Turn LEFT onto Muirkirk Road. Make first RIGHT into Montpelier grounds. From Route 29: Turn EAST onto route 198. Cross I-95 and Route 1, turn RIGHT at the next intersection onto Route 197 (Laurel-Bowie road). Proceed to ~2 miles, to Muirkirk Road and turn RIGHT. Make the very next RIGHT and turn into the Montpelier Mansion grounds.

      Amenities:

      Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes

      Special Programs:

      This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.

      Start Times:

      9 AM to 1 PM finish by 4 PM

      Location:

      9650 Muirkirk Rd., Laurel, MD 20708

      Start Point / Driving Directions:

      The trail is on natural surfaces through the grounds of Montpelier and sidewalks of surrounding residential area and is rated 2A. The trail includes 1781 Montpelier Mansion; Montpelier Arts Center; Oakland Manor and Dinosaur Museum Park.

      Awards & Fees:

      IVV Credit Only

      Comments:

      This is a 9-11 Memorial walk to remember the victims at the Pentagon, Shanksville, Pennsylvania; and the World Trade Center, New York City. Besides trail commemorative signs, lanyards for walkers to carry victims names will be available while they last.

      Host Club:

      Freestate Happy Wanderers

      Contact:

      Lynne Haffner (301) 490-5850