Walk Saturday July 27, 2013 Rockville, MD

  • Bob Schmick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2013
      Hi Gang, join the group as we walk in the "shade", it may be a little cooler
      so let's make it a big group. The Seneca club will show us a good time.
      Lunch will be in the same shopping as the walk. Car pool will leave the
      Melting Pot at 8:00 AM.

      Bob

      Dates:

      7/27/2013 - 7/27/2013

      City / State:

      Rockville, MD

      Event Name:

      Lake Frank/Lake Needwood Sunrise Walk

      Event Type:

      Walk

      Event ID <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/event_details.asp?eventid=95403> :

      95403

      Distance - Trail Ratings:

      5km/10km - 2B

      The trail is on both paved and natural surfaces, mostly in shaded areas
      through woods. Along the route are splendid views of both Lakes Frank &
      Needwood. Part of the trail joins the hiker/biker path on the Rock Creek
      Trail. There are several hills on the 10km trail; the trail is not suitable
      for wheelchairs or strollers. RESTROOMS: available at Start Point. Pets are
      allowed to walk but must be leashed at all times. This walk will be held
      unless sponsors must close the trails for safety reasons. Water and candy
      will be available at the Start.

      Amenities:

      Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes

      Special Programs
      <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/event_details.asp?eventid=95403> :

      Walking America's Trails

      Start Times:

      7am-9am; Finish by 12 Noon

      Location:

      Caribou Coffee

      Start Point / Driving Directions
      <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/event_details.asp?eventid=95403> :

      5562 Norbeck Rd (Rt. 28) & Bauer Dr, Rockville, MD 20853 (Rock Creek Village
      Shopping Center).
      DIRECTIONS: FROM I-270 Going North: Exit 6A, (Rt. 28) East, W Montgomery
      Ave, Rockville. DRIVE 4 Miles to Start Point, Cross Rt. 355, (get in left
      lane as Rt. 28 turns Left with First St). Stay on Rt. 28; turn Right at
      Bauer Dr. Turn into Rock Creek Village Center. Caribou Coffee is in the back
      right corner next to CVS.
      FROM I-270 Going South: Exit 6, (Rt. 28) East, Rockville Town Center, W
      Montgomery Ave. Turn Left at light and follow Rt. 28 for 4 miles as above.
      FROM Beltway 495: Exit 31, Georgia Ave (Rt. 97) North Toward Wheaton. Drive
      approx 7 miles to Norbeck Rd (Rt. 28 West). Turn Left on Norbeck Rd and
      continue 2 miles to Left turn at Bauer Dr. Turn into Rock Creek Village
      Center. Caribou Coffee is in the back right corner next to CVS.

      Additional Parking: There is additional parking available behind the Caribou
      Coffee. To access this parking bypass the first entrances to Rock Creek
      Village Center and turn in at the rear of the Safeway. Follow the driveway
      pass the back of the Safeway and then to the right. Caribou Coffee is at the
      next corner.

      Awards & Fees:

      IVV Credit Only

      Comments: