  • Wendy Bumgardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2013
      City / State: Williamsburg, VA
      Event Name: Battle of Williamsburg - Bloody Ravine
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 94304
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10 km - 1A
      roads in James City County. It will go by Quarterpath Park and several
      information signs about the Battle of Williamsburg.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: No |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Civil War Battlefields
      Start Times: 9 AM to 10 AM, finish by 1 PM
      Location: Sammy's Pancake House
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 7129 Pocohontas Trail (Route 60) -
      From Richmond and Points North, take I-64 East to Exit 238, Camp Perry,
      Colonial Williamsburg, VA Route 143. At the top of the ramp, turn right
      onto VA Route 143 East. At the junction with Route 5, continue straight
      on Route 5. Approximately 2.1 miles, turn left on US Route 60 East (York
      Street). Sammy's Pancake House is on your right approximately 1.1 mile
      after your turn. From Hampton and Norfolk, take I-64 to Exit 242A,
      Williamsburg, VA Rt 199 West (Humelsine Parkway). Drive about 1.1 miles
      to the Exit for US 60. Turn right onto the exit. At the bottom of the
      ramp, turn left onto US 60 West. Sammy's Pancake House is on your left
      approximately 0.8 miles.
      Awards & Fees: A Award
      Comments: The A-award will be part of the Civil War battlefield
      series that the club is sponsoring during 2013. There is a header patch
      available for this series. This walk will count for the Virginia County
      program, as well as the AVA Civil War Battlefields special program. We
      will have our meeting and lunch at Sammy's Pancake House after the walk.
      Restrooms will be available at the start point only and pets will not be
      allowed in the start point.
      Host Club: Virginia Vagabonds
      Contact: Sam Tollett (757) 766-3065
      Website: No Website Listed
      E-Mail Contact: runsbears@...

      Join our MarylandWalking Facebook Group

      Follow Me on Twitter

      City / State: Columbia, MD
      Event Name: Long Reach
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 95396
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10km/05km - 2A
      paved paths and sidewalks.
      Amenities: Strollers: | Wheelchairs: | Pets: | Restrooms:
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 7:30 - 9:00
      Location: Columbia Crossing BP
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 6251 Columbia Crossing
      Columbia MD 21045
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Park in shopping center parking lots. PLEASE DO NOT PARK
      Host Club: Columbia Volksmarch Club
      Contact: John Dye (410) 290-6510
      Website: www.mdvolks.org/CVC/
      E-Mail Contact: karendye@...

      City / State: Rockville, MD
      Event Name: Lake Frank/Lake Needwood Sunrise Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 95403
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5km/10km - 2B
      in shaded areas through woods. Along the route are splendid views of
      both Lakes Frank & Needwood. Part of the trail joins the hiker/biker
      path on the Rock Creek Trail. There are several hills on the 10km trail;
      the trail is not suitable for wheelchairs or strollers. RESTROOMS:
      available at Start Point. Pets are allowed to walk but must be leashed
      at all times. This walk will be held unless sponsors must close the
      trails for safety reasons. Water and candy will be available at the Start.
      Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Walking America's Trails
      Start Times: 7am-9am; Finish by 12 Noon
      Location: Caribou Coffee
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 5562 Norbeck Rd (Rt 28) & Bauer
      Dr, Rockville, MD 20853 (Rock Creek Village Shopping Center).
      DIRECTIONS: FROM I-270 Going North: Exit 6A, (Rt 28) East, W Montgomery
      Ave, Rockville. DRIVE 4 Miles to Start Point, Cross Rt 355, (get in left
      lane as Rt 28 turns Left with First St). Stay on Rt 28; turn Right at
      Bauer Dr. Turn into Rock Creek Village Center. Caribou Coffee is in the
      back right corner next to CVS.
      FROM I-270 Going South: Exit 6, (Rt 28) East, Rockville Town Center, W
      Montgomery Ave. Turn Left at light and follow Rt 28 for 4 miles as above.
      FROM Beltway 495: Exit 31, Georgia Ave (Rt 97) North Toward Wheaton.
      Drive approx 7 miles to Norbeck Rd (Rt 28 West). Turn Left on Norbeck Rd
      and continue 2 miles to Left turn at Bauer Dr. Turn into Rock Creek
      Village Center. Caribou Coffee is in the back right corner next to CVS.
      Additional Parking: There is additional parking available behind the
      Caribou Coffee. To access this parking bypass the first entrances to
      Rock Creek Village Center and turn in at the rear of the Safeway. Follow
      the driveway pass the back of the Safeway and then to the right. Caribou
      Coffee is at the next corner.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Trail Ratings: 10km: 2B; 6km: 2A
      Host Club: Seneca Valley Sugarloafers
      Contact: Missie Plotkin (301) 980-6982
      Website: www.sugarloafers.org
      E-Mail Contact: missie_dragon@...