Baltimore "Du"Burns

  • Wendy Bumgardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2013
      3/2/2013
      City / State: Baltimore, MD
      Event Name: "Du"Burns
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 95392
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10 K - 1A
      start, carry a start card on the walk, and turn it in upon completing
      the walk. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult during the
      entire walk. All Volkssport participants must sign the disclaimer. A
      parent or guardian must sign a special athletic waiver for children 17
      years old and under before they may participate in a Volkssport event.
      Children under 12 always walk free at Baltimore Walking Club events. The
      events will be held in all reasonable weather conditions. If in doubt,
      contact the persons listed below. Pets are welcome but not inside of the
      Du Burns Arena. Pets must be leashed during the entire walk, and cleaned
      up after according to city regulation.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 8 am to 12 pm, finish by 3 pm
      Location: "Du"Burns Arena
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 1301 South Ellwood Avenue
      Baltimore, MD 21224
      From the north or south on I-95 toward Baltimore: Take exit 57
      (Baltimore Travel Plaza exit) to ODonnell-Boston St. If you are coming
      from the south you will need to be in a right lane of the Fort McHenry
      tunnel as Exit 57 is shortly after the toll plaza. At the traffic light
      for Boston Street, turn west toward downtown Baltimore. Drive
      approximately 1 mile on Boston St. to the Du Burns Arena on the right at
      Boston St. and Ellwood Ave. Parking is available at the arena and across
      Boston St. in the park parking lot.
      Directions from the north on I-83 going to downtown Baltimore: I-83
      becomes President St. in the city. Continue on President about 0.5 miles
      to Fleet Street. Turn left onto Fleet for about 1 mile to Boston St.
      Turn right on Boston for about 1 mile to South Ellwood Ave. Parking is
      available at the arena on the left and across Boston St. in the park
      parking lot on the right.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Each of the trails will offer a different view of the city,
      harbor, and historic areas. One walk follows a waterfront trail to the
      Inner Harbor area. It tours Little Italy, Fells Point, and the Canton
      business and residential areas on the return. Another goes to Patterson
      Park through the Canton, Highlandtown, and Little Italy communities. All
      walks will have curbs. Strollers and wheelchairs may have difficulty in
      some areas."
      Host Club: Baltimore Walking Club
      Contact: Frank & Marie Kupres (410) 592-3171
      Website: www.baltimorewalkingclub.com
      E-Mail Contact: fkupres@...

      3/2/2013
      City / State: Baltimore, MD
      Event Name: "DuBurns" Arena
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 93205
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5 Km, 10 Km & 14 Km - 1A
[...]
      From the north or south on I-95 toward Baltimore: Take exit 57
[...]

      ========
      Cast Your Votes - Walking Readers' Choice Awards 2013
      http://walking.about.com/od/gear/tp/2013-Readers-Choice-Awards-Walking.htm

      =========
      Join our MarylandWalking Facebook Group
      http://www.facebook.com/MarylandWalking

      Follow Me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/walkoflife70

      ============

      3/30/2013
      City / State: Williamsburg, VA
      Event Name: Battle of Williamsburg - Fort Magruder
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 94237
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10 km - 1A
      a neighborhood of York and James City Counties. It will go past Fort
      Magruder, the scene of the Civil War battle near Williamsburg.
      Amenities: Strollers: easy | Wheelchairs: easy | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Civil War Battlefields, Diners, Rainbow Color-Named Places
      Start Times: 9 AM to 10 AM, Finish by 1 PM
      Location: Shorty's Diner
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 627 Merrimac Trail - Take you favorite
      route to I-64 in Williamsburg, VA. Take Exit 242A - Route 199 West
      (Humelsine Parkway) towards Williamsburg. Exit Route 199 at the next
      exit onto Route 143 toward Williamsburg. At the bottom of the ramp, bear
      right onto Route 143 West for approximately 1.2 miles. Turn right at the
      traffic signal just past the Citgo Service Station into the shopping
      center parking lot. The diner is to your left (looks like a Pizza Hut).
      Park towards the back of the diner.
      Awards & Fees: A Award
      Comments: The A-award will be part of the Civil War battlefield series
      that the club is sponsoring during 2013. There is a header patch
      available for this series. This walk will count for the Virginia County
      program, as well as for the AVA Civil War Battlefields special program.
      We will have our meeting and lunch at Shorty's Diner after the walk.
      Restrooms will be available at the start point only and pets will not be
      allowed in the start point.
      Host Club: Virginia Vagabonds
      Contact: Sam Tollett (757) 766-3065
      Website: No Website Listed
      E-Mail Contact: runsbears@...

      4/6/2013
      City / State: Westminster, MD
      Event Name: Westminster Breakfast Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 93154
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10 Km and 5 Km - 1A
      Amenities: Strollers: easy | Wheelchairs: easy | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 7 am to 11 am, Finish by 2 pm
      Location: Church of the Ascension
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 23 North Court Street, Westminster, MD
      21157.
      From Baltimore Beltway: I-695, take I-795 (exit 19) to the Westminster
      Pike (exit 9), Rt. 140. Proceed about 12 miles to intersection with Rt.
      97. Continue on Rt.140 past Rt. 97 intersection to the 2nd traffic light
      and turn left on Ralph St. Park at the Courthouse parking lot or in the
      lot to the left behind the cemetery and walk one block to the church.
      Allow about 25 minutes travel time from the Beltway. Enter the Church
      Fellowship Hall through the double red doors in back of the Church. From
      Western Maryland: take I-70 East to Rt. 27 (exit 68) and turn left to
      Westminster. At Main St., turn right, passing Center St. and N. Court
      St. to Ralph St. Turn left on Ralph St and proceed to second parking
      lot, about a block past the church. From the DC area: take Rt. 97
      Georgia Ave. north to Westminster. Turn left on Main St. and turn right
      on Ralph St. and proceed to second parking lot, about a block past the
      church.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: All you can eat breakfast will be available at the Start
      Point. Walkers will receive a $1.00 discount by showing your Start Card.
      Host Club: Piedmont Pacers
      Contact: Jerry Baugher (301) 922-1592
      Website: www.angelfire.com/md2/pacers/index.html
      E-Mail Contact: JGBaugher@...

      Victoria Phoenix Walking Festival - Canada
      April 19-21
      Hello Walkers! As you may know the 3 Volkssport clubs of Victoria will
      jointly host the third exciting Phoenix Walking Festival on April 19-21
      – only two months from now! The spring weather is here already, flowers
      are blooming and trees are starting to form their beautiful blossoms.
      So, this a lovely place to be and we invite you all to come and join us
      for our event and meet many old and new friends.
      Full details about the event are available on the website www.vvpf.ca or
      you can email vvpf@... if you have any questions. Already,
      registrations are pouring in from many clubs in Canada and the USA. The
      two hotels that are offering special prices to attendees are listed on
      the website but their rooms are limited. Most registrants are also
      signing up for the dinner on Saturday night and, again, there is a limit
      on how many we can accept. So, if you are planning to attend, or
      considering attending, I urge you to sign up quickly. This will help us
      to get a handle on numbers and will ensure that you are not disappointed.
      We are looking forward to greeting you in April.

      ===
      Find Maryland Walks and Walking Clubs
      http://walking.about.com/od/eventswalks/a/marylandwalks.htm

      Find Virginia Walks and Walking Clubs