Walk Saturday 2/23/12 Baltimore, MD

  • Bob Schmick
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2013
      This week we will take the Light Rail from Cromwell Station in Glen Burnie.
      Let's plan on meeting in the lot at 8:30 AM. The Health Fair get's better
      each year.

      Bob

      7378 Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland_Route_648>
      Glen Burnie, MD <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Burnie,_MD> 21060

      Dates:

      2/23/2013 - 2/23/2013

      City / State:

      Baltimore, MD

      Event Name:

      B'More Health Fair

      Event Type:

      Walk

      Event ID <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/event_details.asp?eventid=93204> :

      93204

      Distance - Trail Ratings:

      5 Km, 10 Km & 14 Km - 1A

      All are welcome to participate but must
      <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/event_details.asp?eventid=93204> register at
      the start, carry a start card on the walk, and turn it in upon completing
      the walk. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult during the
      entire walk. All Volkssport participants must sign the disclaimer. A parent
      or guardian must sign a special athletic waiver for children 17 years old
      and under before they may participate in a Volkssport event. Children under
      12 always walk free at Baltimore Walking Club events. The event will be held
      in all reasonable weather conditions. If in doubt, contact the persons
      listed below. Pets are welcome except in the Convention Center but must be
      leashed during the entire walk, and cleaned up after according to city
      regulation.

      Amenities:

      Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes

      Special Programs:

      This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.

      Start Times:

      9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, must finish by 5:00 PM

      Location:

      Convention Center

      Start Point / Driving Directions
      <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/event_details.asp?eventid=93204> :

      <http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/event_details.asp?eventid=93204> Registration
      will be in the Baltimore Walking Club booth at the BMoreHealthy Expo
      directly inside Hall A in the Baltimore Convention Center, 1 W Pratt St,
      Baltimore, MD 21201. Use the entrance at Pratt and Charles Streets.
      From the north or south on I 95: Take exit 53 to I 395 N, Martin Luther King
      Blvd toward downtown Baltimore. Continue onto S Howard St. Turn R on W Pratt
      St.
      From the north on I 83: Take exit 4 for MD 2 S, St Paul St. Turn R on St
      Paul. Turn R on E Lombard St. Turn L at Hopkins Pl and then make the first L
      onto W Pratt St. Follow the signs to Camden Yards, Oriole stadium which is
      next to the Convention Center.
      From the south - Annapolis or the eastern shore: Take I 97 north to I 695
      west. Go right on the Baltimore Washington Parkway which turns into Russell
      St going north. Turn right on Pratt to the Convention Center.
      Check the B'More Healthy Expo website for information on parking,
      www.bmorehealthyexpo.com.
      The Baltimore area Light Rail has a stop at the Convention Center (in front
      of Camden yards, Oriole stadium). Free parking is available at most light
      rail stops.
      If traveling by Metro use the Charles Center W station on Baltimore St. Walk
      south on Charles to Pratt St. The Convention Center is in front of you.
      For bus routes, light rail and Metro stops, parking and schedules, visit
      www.mta.maryland.gov.

      Awards & Fees:

      IVV Credit Only

      Comments:

      The walk views the downtown areas of Baltimore through the eyes of a walker!
      It goes through the Inner Harbor and waterfront areas. It will pass the
      unique town houses that comprise Fells Point and Federal Hill. It will look
      at the Oriole stadium and some of the downtown museums and commemorative
      monuments.

      Host Club:

      Baltimore Walking Club

      Contact: