Upcoming Walks - Nominate Top YRE

  • Wendy Bumgardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2013
      Nominate the Top Year-Round Walk:
      http://walking.about.com/u/ntn/top-ten-walks/Nominate-YRE-RCA/form.htm

      Walking Readers' Choice Awards
      Nominations open for shoes, pedometers, treadmills, more
      http://walking.about.com/od/gear/tp/2013-Readers-Choice-Awards-Walking.htm

      Need to go someplace warmer?
      2013 Presidents' Day Weekend - Orange Beach, Alabama
      http://georgiawalkers.homestead.com/2013_Presidents_Day_Weekend.pdf
      7 walks, 4 swims, 3 bikes
      Less than 30 days the 2013 Presidents’ Day Weekend begins. Remember the
      date of Feb 15-18 in Orange Beach, Alabama. It isn’t too late to register
      for our MeetNGreet or Order an Award. You can sign up for the 7 walks, 4
      swims or the 3 bikes after you arrive. We need a head count for the Meet
      and Greet by February 1st, 2013.
      In February, it would be nice to stroll along the ocean, walk through Gulf
      Shores State Park or walk beautiful Fairhope, AL. We never can predict the
      weather, but hopefully it will be nice pretty sunny days.
      Go to our web site: http://georgiawalkers.homestead.com
      (http://georgiawalkers.homestead.com/) to down load the brochure for
      these events.
      Hope to see you in Alabama in February.

      2/23/2013
      City / State: Baltimore, MD
      Event Name: B'More Health Fair
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 93204
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5 Km, 10 Km & 14 Km - 1A
      start, carry a start card on the walk, and turn it in upon completing
      the walk. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult during the
      entire walk. All Volkssport participants must sign the disclaimer. A
      parent or guardian must sign a special athletic waiver for children 17
      years old and under before they may participate in a Volkssport event.
      Children under 12 always walk free at Baltimore Walking Club events. The
      event will be held in all reasonable weather conditions. If in doubt,
      contact the persons listed below. Pets are welcome except in the
      Convention Center but must be leashed during the entire walk, and
      cleaned up after according to city regulation.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, must finish by 5:00 PM
      Location: Convention Center
      Start Point / Driving Directions: Registration will be in the Baltimore
      Walking Club booth at the BMoreHealthy Expo directly inside Hall A in
      the Baltimore Convention Center, 1 W Pratt St, Baltimore, MD 21201. Use
      the entrance at Pratt and Charles Streets.
      From the north or south on I 95: Take exit 53 to I 395 N, Martin Luther
      King Blvd toward downtown Baltimore. Continue onto S Howard St. Turn R
      on W Pratt St.
      From the north on I 83: Take exit 4 for MD 2 S, St Paul St. Turn R on
      St Paul. Turn R on E Lombard St. Turn L at Hopkins Pl and then make the
      first L onto W Pratt St. Follow the signs to Camden Yards, Oriole
      stadium which is next to the Convention Center.
      From the south – Annapolis or the eastern shore: Take I 97 north to I
      695 west. Go right on the Baltimore Washington Parkway which turns into
      Russell St going north. Turn right on Pratt to the Convention Center.
      Check the B’More Healthy Expo website for information on parking,
      www.bmorehealthyexpo.com.
      The Baltimore area Light Rail has a stop at the Convention Center (in
      front of Camden yards, Oriole stadium). Free parking is available at
      most light rail stops.
      If traveling by Metro use the Charles Center W station on Baltimore St.
      Walk south on Charles to Pratt St. The Convention Center is in front of you.
      For bus routes, light rail and Metro stops, parking and schedules, visit
      www.mta.maryland.gov.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: The walk views the downtown areas of Baltimore through the
      eyes of a walker! It goes through the Inner Harbor and waterfront areas.
      It will pass the unique town houses that comprise Fells Point and
      Federal Hill. It will look at the Oriole stadium and some of the
      downtown museums and commemorative monuments.
      Host Club: Baltimore Walking Club
      Contact: Frank & Marie Kupres (410) 592-3171
      Website: www.baltimorewalkingclub.com
      E-Mail Contact: fkupres@...
      =========
      Walking Readers' Choice Awards
      Nominations open for shoes, pedometers, treadmills, more
      http://walking.about.com/od/gear/tp/2013-Readers-Choice-Awards-Walking.htm

      Nominate Top Year-Round Walk
      http://walking.about.com/u/ntn/top-ten-walks/Nominate-YRE-RCA/form.htm

      Join our MarylandWalking Facebook Group