Woodberry/Hampden - YREs impacted

  • Wendy Bumgardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2012
      11/3/2012
      City / State: Baltimore, MD
      Event Name: Woodberry and Hampden
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92496
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5 Km, 6 Km and 10 Km - 2B
      has the rich history of the mills and foundries that once had a major
      impact on Baltimore's economy. Much renovation has occurred and there is
      now a green building development in Woodberry. The Clipper Mills area
      has been renovated and contains condos, apartments, galleries and shops.
      The 5 Km and 10 Km walks pass "The Avenue" in Hampden. Be sure to allow
      some time to browse some of the shops there and at Clipper Mills.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Bakeries Family Owned, Diners, Grist Mills
      Start Times: 8 am to 1 pm, finish by 4 pm
      Location: The Rotunda
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 711 W 40th St, Baltimore, MD
      21211. From I-695, the Baltimore Beltway: Take I-83 south to Cold Spring
      Lane east (Exit 9A). Turn right onto Falls Road (south). Travel slightly
      less than one mile to 41st St. Turn left; 41st does a slight jog to the
      right and becomes 40th St. *The Rotunda is on the right side of 40th St
      between Elm Ave and Keswick Rd. Park behind the Rotunda on the far side
      of the lot in order to leave room for Rotunda business customers who are
      shopping. Enter using the door on the far end. From downtown Baltimore:
      Take I-83 north to Falls Road (Exit 8). The first light is 36th St.
      Continue to 41st St. Turn right; 41st does a slight jog to the right and
      becomes 40th St. Follow directions above *.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Restrooms available at the start/finish and along the
      route. Pets are welcome but not in the start point. Pets must be leashed
      during the entire walk and cleaned up after according to city regulation.
      Host Club: Baltimore Walking Club
      Contact: Nancy Dravis (410) 461-5908
      Website: www.baltimorewalkingclub.com
      E-Mail Contact: formulate95@...

      Year Round Walks: Please check directly with the club contacts for the
      walks to see the current conditions of routes throughout the eastern
      USA. Please use caution and common sense if there is storm damage in the
      area you are planning to walk. http://www.ava.org
      The Princeton Area Walkers report "In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy,
      all of the Princeton Area Walkers' events along the shore Asbury,
      Atlantic City, Long Branch, Cape May, Red Bank and Spring Lake/Seagirt
      are SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE because the boardwalks are GONE. The
      New York City walks should be back in a few weeks but should be avoided
      now because of the transportation problems."
      http://www.avaclubs.org/paws/index.htm
      =========
      Join our MarylandWalking Facebook Group
      http://www.facebook.com/MarylandWalking

      Follow Me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/walkoflife70

      AVA Centurion Challenge
      http://walking.about.com/od/avaprograms/p/Ava-Centurion-Achievement-Challenge.htm
      ==============

      11/10/2012
      City / State: Marriottsville, MD
      Event Name: Patapsco Valley State Park - McKeldin Area
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92581
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10KM/05KM - 2C
      within the park.
      Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 08:00am to Noon
      Location: Patapsco Valley State Park - McKeldin Area
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 11676 Marriottsville Road
      Marriottsville MD 21104
      GPS 39.35982 76.89112
      From I-695/I-70 West take I-70 to Marriottsville Rd. ( Exit 83). Go
      North on Marriottsville Rd. for 4 miles to the park entrance on the right.
      From I-70 East take Rt. 40 to Marriottsville Rd. Turn left. Park
      entrance is 5 miles on the right.
      From Rt. 26 take Rt. 26 to Marriottsville Rd. Go South 4 miles, park
      entrance is on the left.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: The McKeldin area is in the most Northern part of
      Patapsco, along Marriottsville Road in Carroll County. This area has
      miles of multi-use trails. The Main Branch and the South Branch of the
      Patapsco River join in the McKeldin area. Rapids along the South Branch
      are a beautiful but dangerous feature of this section of the park.
      Entrance fee of $3 per person if there is someone on gate. Otherwise it
      is $3/car on honor system.
      Out of state is $5
      Boots recommended.
      Pets allowed on trails but not in improved areas (shelters)
      Host Club: Columbia Volksmarch Club
      Contact: John Dye (410) 290-6510
      Website: www.mdvolks.org/CVC
      E-Mail Contact: johndye@...

      11/17/2012
      City / State: Boyds, MD
      Event Name: Black Hill Regional Park
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 90072
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5km/10km - 1B
      be a 10km WOODS trail, rated 1C and5km and 10km PAVED trails rated 1B.
      AVA Special Programs: Walking America's Trails (10km Woods trail). You
      will have views of the lovely Little Seneca Lake and lots of autumn
      color in the beautiful woods of Black Hill Regional Park. The trails are
      not suitable for wheelchairs or strollers.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Walking America's Trails
      Start Times: 9 am noon; Finish by 3 pm
      Location: Black Hill Regional Park
      Start Point / Driving Directions: Black Hill Regional Park, Shelter
      C, 20930 Lake Ridge Dr., Boyds, MD 20841. DRIVING DIRECTIONS to Start Point:
      Going NORTH on I-270
      Take I-270 to Exit 16 (Rt. #27 Father Hurley Blvd.).
      Take Exit 16A (Rt. #27) EAST to Damascus, merge onto Ridge Rd./Rt. #27.
      **** Turn LEFT at Rt. #355 North (Frederick Rd.) and go .9 mile.
      Turn LEFT at West Old Baltimore Rd. and go 1.5 miles.
      Turn LEFT at Black Hill Regional Park entrance Lake Ridge Dr.
      Continue on Lake Ridge Dr. through the park slowly for 1.6 miles to
      Picnic Shelter C on LEFT, our start/finish point.
      Going SOUTH on I-270
      Take I-270 to Exit 16 (Rt. #27 Father Hurley Blvd).
      Take Exit 16A (Rt. #27) EAST to Damascus,
      LEFT at light onto Father Hurley Blvd./Rt #27.
      Continue from **** above.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Conditions: Restrooms are available at the Start Point.
      Pets are allowed on the walk, but must be leashed at all times. This
      walk will be held unless sponsors must close the trails for safety reasons.
      Water, candy AND free refreshments will be available at the Start !
      Walking America's Trails (10km Woods trail)
      Host Club: Seneca Valley Sugarloafers
      Contact: Jone Parr (301) 385-0054
      Website: www.sugarloafers.org
      E-Mail Contact: jone.p@...

      12/1/2012 - Walk
      Event Number : 95268 5/10 km
      Start : Barrett Branch Library, 717 Queen Street
      Event City: Alexandria
      Host Club : Washington DC Area Volksmarch Club, Inc.
      Contact : Sandi Cahill, (571) 405 - 4808
      E-Mail:scahill@...
      Club Website: www.mdvolks.org/wdcavc/index.htm

      12/8/2012
      City / State: Annapolis, MD
      Event Name: Eastport Lighted Boat Parade
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92882
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5K & 10K - 1A
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Forts of the United States, Hooray for Hollywood,
      Main Street, State Capital, WPA Works Projects Administration
      Start Times: 12:00 PM till 3:00 PM, Finish by 5:00 PM
      Location: 1031 Bay Ridge Ave. Annapolis, MD 21403
      Start Point / Driving Directions:
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments:
      Host Club: Annapolis Amblers
      Contact: Marie Wiser (301) 509-6748
      Website: www.annapolisamblerswalk.com
      E-Mail Contact: littlewalker1@...

      Dec. 7-8 WILLIAMSBURG, VA
      NIGHT WALK, DEC. 7-8, 2012 Event Number AT2012/90672 5 and 10 kilometers
      BRING FLASHLIGHT FOR NIGHT WALK
      DAY WALK, DEC. 8-9, 2012 Event Number AT2012/90671 5 and 10 kilometers
      SWIM, DEC. 7-9, 2012 Event Number AT2012/90673 300 meters
      http://peninsulapathfinder.startlogic.com//walks/regular_events/2012_12_Brochure201205.pdf
      Contact : Annette, (757) 766 - 3065
      E-Mail:ahtollett3@...
      Club Website: www.peninsulapathfinder.org

      12/10/2012
      City / State: Columbia, MD
      Event Name: Club Christmas Walk and Party
      Event Type: Night Walk
      Event ID: 93668
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10km/05km - 1A
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Start Times:
      Location: Dye House
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 6887 Garland Lane
      Columbia, MD 21045
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Host Club: Columbia Volksmarch Club
      Contact: Karen Dye (410) 290-6510
      Website: www.mdvolks.org/CVC
      E-Mail Contact: karendye@...

      12/15/2012
      City / State: Washington, DC
      Event Name: Christmas in DC
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92647
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10 km - 1A
      tourist areas of our Nation's Capital, including the Smithsonian
      Museums, the White House, Ford Theatre and many monuments of DC
      Amenities: Strollers: easy | Wheelchairs: easy | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Bakeries Family Owned, Carnegie Libraries, Classic
      Movie Theaters Cinemas, Honoring Law Enforcement, Murals, WPA Works
      Projects Administration
      Start Times: 0900 to noon, finish by 3 pm
      Location: Old Post Office Building
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 1100 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
      (corner of 12th St and Pennsylvania Ave), Washington DC. Directions:
      Take your favorite route to I-395 in the Washington DC area. Exit 3
      (12th Street Expressway) onto 12th Street SW. Follow 12 St for 1.1
      miles. Turn right on Pennsylvania Avenue, NW. The Old Post Office
      Building will be on your right. Parking is available on the streets near
      the start point. The start table will be inside the building.
      Awards & Fees: A Award
      Comments: You will have to go throught security when you enter the
      Old Post Office Building - so you will be going throught it at least
      twice (when you arrive to start and when you finish). No pets are
      allowed in the Old Post Office Building.
      Host Club: Virginia Volkssport Assn.
      Contact: Annette Tollett (757) 766-3065
      Website: No Website Listed
      E-Mail Contact: ahtollett3@...

      12/28/2012
      City / State: Baltimore, MD
      Event Name: Hampden Lights
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92941
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5 Km & 10 Km - 1B
      historic area of Hampden and Roland Park neighborhoods and see the
      spectacular light of 34th St. There are numerous enticing restaurants
      along The Avenue (36th St) including the infamous Cafe Hon. Reservations
      are required for Cafe Hon during the holiday season.
      Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Bakeries Family Owned, Diners, Grist Mills, Hooray
      for Hollywood
      Start Times: 4 - 6 pm, must finish by 9 pm
      Location: The Rotunda
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 711 W 40th St, Baltimore, MD
      21211. From I-695, the Baltimore Beltway: Take I-83 south to Cold Spring
      Lane east (Exit 9A). Turn right onto Falls Road (south). Travel slightly
      less than one mile to 41st St. Turn left; 41st does a slight jog to the
      right and becomes 40th St. *The Rotunda is on the right side of 40th St
      between Elm Ave and Keswick Rd. Park behind the Rotunda in the back of
      the lot in order to leave room fro Rotunda business customers who are
      shopping. From downtown Baltimore: Take I-83 north to Falls Road (Exit
      8). the first light is 36th St. Continue to 41st St. Turn right; 41st
      does a slight jog to the right and becomes 40th St Follow directions* as
      above.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Restrooms, water and munchies will be available at the
      start/finish. Restrooms are also available at many businesses along the
      route. Pets are welcome but not in the start point. Pets must be leashed
      during the entire walk and cleaned up after according to city
      regulation. Uncut curbs and crumbling sidewalks may pose difficulty for
      wheelchairs, strollers and unsteady walkers.
      Host Club: Baltimore Walking Club
      Contact: Susan Kenyon (410) 252-3165
      Website: www.baltimorewalkingclub.com
      E-Mail Contact: suethewalker@...