Walk this weekend in Westminster, MD

  • Linda and Bill Hassell
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 4:43 PM
      Walking Tidbits-2012 No. 3

      Item 1 - Group walk planned for Saturday, April 7th at Piedmont Breakfast
      Event in Westminster, MD. Group will meet at 8:30 a.m. for breakfast.
      Leave breakfast about 9:30 to walk trails. Contact us if you plan to attend.
      Cell 410-533-5805, or email wahasse@... .

      City / State:

      Westminster, MD

      Event Name:

      Breakfast Walk

      Event Type:

      Walk

      Event ID:

      92553

      Distance - Trail Ratings:

      10 Km/ 5 Km - 1A

      Special Classifications:

      Bakeries Family Owned, Classic Movie Theaters Cinemas, Diners, Honoring Law
      Enforcement, Hooray for Hollywood, Main Street, Murals

      Start Times:

      8:00 am - 1:00pm

      Location:

      The Church of the Ascension

      Start Point / Driving Directions:

      23 North Court Street, Westminster, MD 21157. FROM BALTIMORE: I-695, take
      I-795 (exit 19) to the Westminster Pike (exit 9), Rt. 140. Proceed about 12
      miles to intersection with Rt. 97. Continue on Rt. 140 past Rt. 97
      intersection to the 2nd traffic light and turn left on Ralph St. Go past
      Courthouse parking lot to next parking lot opposite cemetery. Allow about 25
      minutes travel time from the Beltway. Enter the Church at the double red
      doors.
      From the West: take I-70 East to Rt. 27 (exit 68) turn left to Westminster.
      At Main Street, turn right, passing Center Street and N. Court Street to
      Ralph Street. Turn left on Ralph Street and proceed to the first parking lot
      on your left opposite the cemetery.

      Comments:

      ALL YOU CAN EAT BREAKFAST available at our Start Point from 7 - 11 am. $1.00
      discount for showing your start card.

      Host Club:

      Piedmont Pacers

      Contact:

      Jerry Baugher (301) 922-1592

      Item 2 - A group of Freestater's will meet and walk on
      Friday, April 27, 2012 to walk the DENTON YRE 1707
      Meet time: 9:45am
      Start Walking: 10:00am

      Contact Phill Wilder at kindfellow1@... or 301-717-3604 if you plan
      to attend.

      See Freestate brochure or AVA website for directions.