Walk Saturday 2/03/12 York, PA

  • Bob Schmick
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2012
      Time Change:

      This week we will venture North. Our annual visit to York PA. We will leave
      the Melting POT at 7:30 due to distance. Lunch is either at the Market or at
      John & Diane's Favorite Farm Store that sells the Best Apple Dumpling
      deserts.

      Bob

      Dates:

      2/4/2012 - 2/5/2012

      City / State:

      York, PA

      Event Name:

      Winter Walk - West Walk

      Event Type:

      Walk

      Event ID:

      91300

      Distance - Trail Ratings:

      5 & 10K - 1A

      This route generally covers the area north and west of downtown York between
      the Central Market and the York Fairgrounds. It passes the Vietnam War
      Memorial, Fire House Museum, Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center, and the
      Sovereign Bank Stadium. Parts of the route are on Market Street which was
      the original route of the Lincoln Highway as it passed through York.

      Amenities:

      Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes

      Special Classifications:

      Murals

      Start Times:

      8:00 am - noon; finish by 3:00 pm

      Location:

      York Central Market

      Start Point / Driving Directions:

      34 W Philadelphia St, York, PA 17401 (717) 848-2243 *****
      From Harrisburg: Take I-83S to the PA-181N exit, Exit 22, toward
      US-30/Manchester. Go .2 miles and turn right onto N George St. Continue to
      follow N George St for 1.9 miles. Turn right onto W Philadelphia St. *****
      From Gettysburg: Take US-30 East toward York. Merge onto Rt. 462/ Market St
      towards downtown York. Turn left onto N Duke St. Go one block and turn left
      onto W Philadelphia St. *****
      From Baltimore: Take I-83N to the I-83 Business exit, Exit 15, toward S.
      George St. Continue to follow S. George St for 3.6 miles. Turn right on E.
      Market St. Go one block and turn left on N. Duke St. Go one block and turn
      left onto W Philadelphia St. *****
      From Lancaster: Take US-30 West to York. Turn left on N Sherman St. Go .9
      miles and turn right onto E Philadelphia St/PA 462 W. Go 1 mile to the
      Central Market.

      Awards & Fees:

      A Award

      Comments:

      Central Market is an historic downtown farmers market operating continuously
      since 1888 and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
      Significant improvements have been made to the Central Market in the last
      year. Vendors offer the full range of produce, fresh seafood, meats, deli
      products, and many specialty items. There is a varied selection of lunch and
      breakfast offerings. Most of the vendors will be closed on Sunday. ***** In
      the event of snow and/or ice, this event may be postponed. If postponed, the
      AVA web site will be updated. ***** Cell phone number for Gloria Reedy is
      (717) 309-4894.

      Host Club:

      York White Rose Wanderers