Walk Saturday 8/6/11 Elkridge, MD

  • Bob Schmick
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2011
      This week we have a Walk in the woods. It is rated 2, remember good footwear
      & walking sticks. We will Car pool and leave Tam Joines at 8:00 AM.

      Bob

      Dates:

      8/6/2011 - 8/6/2011

      City / State:

      Elkridge, MD

      Event Name:

      Walks in the Park (Rockburn) Summer Series

      Event Type:

      Walk

      Event ID:

      89651

      Distance - Trail Ratings:

      10km/05km - 2

      This is the third of three Summer Walks in Howard County Parks held in
      conjunction with Howard County Recreation & Parks.

      Amenities:

      Strollers: | Wheelchairs: | Pets: | Restrooms:

      Special Classifications:

      This event doesn't have any special classifications assigned.

      Start Times:

      7:30am - 9:00am

      Location:

      Rockburn Branch Park - West Area

      Start Point / Driving Directions:

      6105 Rockburn Branch Park Road, Elkridge, MD

      From Rte. 29,
      take Rte. 100 east to Md. 103 exit.
      Go around the circle and cross over Rte. 100; proceed through next circle.,
      From I95
      Take exit 43 onto MD-100 W toward Ellicott City 1.3 mi
      Take exit 4 to merge onto MD-103 W/Meadowridge Rd 0.5 mi

      At the first signal light Turn right at Montgomery Rd 0.2 mi
      Proceed to signal light Take the 1st left to stay on Montgomery Rd 0.6 mi
      At Rockburn Elementary School, Turn left onto Rockburn Branch Park Road
      Before Softball Fields, Left up hill to end of road.

      Awards & Fees:

      IVV Credit Only

      Comments:

      The walking trail will be within the park on natural surface trails. It is
      not suited for strollers

      Host Club:

      Columbia Volksmarch Club

      Contact: