[walkmaryland] Join Us in Southern Maryland Weekend of June 19-20, 2010 "1st IVV Walk in Solomons and Solomons Island

  • Bill Hassell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2010
      Join us for the 1st IVV walk in Solomons and on Solomons Island on Saturday,
      June 19, 2010. Our 10-km and 5-km trails include special programs: Cemetery
      Stroll, Historic Churches, Islands, Museums, Native American Culture &
      RiverWalk America, Honoring Law Enforcement and Veteran Memorial.
      START/FINISH: The Holiday Inn Select ,155 Holiday Drive, Solomons, MD 20688.
      TIMES: Start time anytime between 9 AM- 2 PM finish by 5 PM.

      We are walking on June 20, 2010 in Chespeake Beach, Maryland YRE 1087

      TRAIL DESCRIPTION/DISTANCE: There is a 10-Km trail and 5-km, both with a
      rating of 1. The trails consist mainly of local streets, pathways and
      natural surfaces.

      REGISTRATION: Optional pre-registration is requested. You must pre-order
      tee-shirt by May 19. Walk pre-registration is not required. Special prize
      drawing for pre-registrants. The fee for IVV Credit/Non-IVV Credit is $3.00.
      Children 12 and under (IVV-Credit included) walk for free courtesy of
      Freestate Happy Wanderers. Dogs are not allowed in the Holiday Inn or
      Visitors Center. INFORMATION: Call 410-437-2164 or 301-717-3604 before 9 PM
      or via email at <mailto:wahasse@... <mailto:wahasse%40ix.netcom> .
      <mailto:ix.netcom.com@... <mailto:ix.netcom.com%40ix.netcom.com> >
      com. The
      Solomons/Drum Point Tee Shirt is a one-of-a-kind commemorative shirts will
      ONLY be available by pre-order. The shirts have Drum Point Lighthouse on
      back with Solomons clock at the pocket area. Order form below with
      pre-registration. When you see them, you will have regrets if you didn't put
      in your advanced order.

      Fun things to do so mark your Calendars for the Weekend of June 19 &
      June 20, 2010, our weekend in Southern Maryland by traveling to Solomons
      and walk
      our event on Saturday, June 19. Start any time between 9AM and 2PM finish
      by 5 PM. 1st IVV walk event ever in Solomons and Solomons Island. Things to
      do after the walk on Saturday, June 19: Tour the Calvert Marine Museum and
      explore the Chesapeake Bay and experience the ancient Miocene environment
      that existed in this area 8 to 20 million years ago. See hundreds of fossils
      from the famous Calvert Cliffs. A snakefish is on exhibit. Patuxent River
      cruise on the Wm. B.Tennison. – Enjoy a leisurely relaxing sightseeing
      cruise as you sail the busy Solomons inner harbor and past the U.S. Naval
      Recreation Center at Point Patience. The 1-hour cruise at 2 PM is $7.
      Spend the night at the Holiday Inn, 155 Holiday Drive, Solomons, MD 20688
      with special volksmarch group rate of $114.00 per night single
      occupancy/$124.00 per night double occupancy. Make your hotel reservations
      now. Call 800-356-2009 use code HW9 for rate. Rate available thru May 19th.
      Many restaurants are in the immediate area and the Holiday Inn has the After
      Deck Lounge, on the water, for drinks. Sunday, June 20 -Join walkers & drive
      up the road to the lovely Town of Chesapeake Beach and walk Freestate’s
      YRE1087. At 9:30 AM start box manned by club members.

      DIRECTIONS TO START/FINISH LOCATION: From I-95 North/South: Turn EAST
      toward Andrews AFB on Capital Beltway I-495/I-95 to Route 4, Exit 11A. Turn
      South/East on Route 4 toward Upper Marlboro.** Continue for approximately 50
      miles, passing thru Prince Frederick, to the 1st traffic light at Solomons
      (Solomons Towne Center and McDonald’s on your left.) Turn LEFT at the
      traffic light and an immediate RIGHT onto Solomons Rd. for about ¾ of a mile
      to Holiday Dr. Turn LEFT on Holiday Dr. to the Start/Finish at the Holiday
      Inn. From MD-97/MD-301 South: Exit at Route 4, South toward Prince
      Frederick. ** Continue as above.

      Mail and order before May 19.
      T-shirt depicts Solomons Island/Drum Point Lighthouse

      Recent Activity:

      Visit
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/walkmaryland;_ylc=X3oDMTJlOHNlNDc0BF9TAzk3MzU
      5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4NjY4NjIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MjY2BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3R
      pbWUDMTI3NDIwODgyNg--> Your Group
      WalkMaryland is sponsored by:
      Walking http://walking.about.com - the website for everything about walking.
      Volks-Ware http://volks-ware.com T-shirts and gear for walkers.
      MARKETPLACE

      Stay
      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=15obj8avs/M=493064.13983314.14041046.13298430/D
      =groups/S=1705066266:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1274216027/L=b10d2dd6-62ae-11df-bfe0-0
      76473ebe6e1/B=LBY0ZmKImko-/J=1274208827877024/K=5d93TcmllUU559Zwt0tAvg/A=606
      0255/R=0/SIG=1194m4keh/*http://us.toolbar.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=grpj> on top of
      your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo!
      Toolbar now.

      _____

      Get
      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=15orfq2dp/M=493064.13814537.14041040.10835568/D
      =groups/S=1705066266:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1274216027/L=b10d2dd6-62ae-11df-bfe0-0
      76473ebe6e1/B=LRY0ZmKImko-/J=1274208827877024/K=5d93TcmllUU559Zwt0tAvg/A=607
      8812/R=0/SIG=114ae4ln1/*http://dogandcatanswers.yahoo.com/> great advice
      about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

      _____

      Hobbies
      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=15oq9pivn/M=493064.14012770.13963757.13298430/D
      =groups/S=1705066266:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1274216027/L=b10d2dd6-62ae-11df-bfe0-0
      76473ebe6e1/B=LhY0ZmKImko-/J=1274208827877024/K=5d93TcmllUU559Zwt0tAvg/A=601
      5306/R=0/SIG=11vlkvigg/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/hobbiesandactivi
      tieszone/> & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore
      new interests.

      jY4NjIEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MjY2BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMjc0MjA4ODI3>
      Yahoo! Groups
      Switch to: Text-Only
      <mailto:walkmaryland-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery
      Format: Traditional> , Daily
      <mailto:walkmaryland-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest>
      Digest • Unsubscribe
      <mailto:walkmaryland-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe> •
      Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
      .

      <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=1866862/grpspId=1705066266/msgId
      =1112/stime=1274208827/nc1=6083913/nc2=3848642/nc3=5522124>

    • Bill Hassell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 11, 2010
        Next Saturday in Solomons - hope to see you there.

[...]

        be available by at the event. The shirts have Drum Point Lighthouse on
[...]

        now. Call 800-356-2009 use code HW9 for rate. Try and get the rate if they
        have rooms available .
[...]

        <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=1214699/grpspId=1705066266/msgId
        =16159/stime=1275509817/nc1=6083913/nc2=3848641/nc3=5741393>