Walk Saturday & Sunday 11/7 & 11/8/09 Gambrills, MD

  • Bob Schmick
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2009
      This week NO RAIN!! This Anniversary walk is free for all credit walkers.
      The club is paying. Car pool will leave Tam Joines at 8:00 AM. As I will be
      cooking I will see all of you there.

      Bob

      Dates:

      11/7/2009 - 11/8/2009

      City / State:

      Gambrills, MD

      Event Name:

      20th Anniversary Walk

      Event Type:

      Walk

      Event ID:

      80872

      Distance - Trail Ratings:

      5k, 10k - 1+

      The walk routes will follow dirt roads and natural surface paths around the
      fields and through the rolling terrain of the largest parcel of organic land
      in the state, and the only certified organic operation in Anne Arundel
      County. A section of the farm will soon be one of Anne Arundel County's
      newest multi-use parks; Hammond's Connection. The walking trails are mostly
      in the open and can be wet and muddy if there are recent rains.

      Amenities:

      Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: No | Restrooms: Yes

      Special Classifications:

      Cemetery Stroll, Firehouses

      Start Times:

      8 a.m. to 1 p.m. both days, finish by 4 p.m.

      Location:

      Maryland Sunrise Farm (Naval Academy Dairy Farm)

      Start Point / Driving Directions:

      100 Dairy Farm Lane, Gambrills, MD 21054

      From the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, go east on MD 175, past Fort Meade
      and Odenton. Shortly after passing Arundel Senior High School, on the right,
      turn right on Dairy Farm Road. Take the first left off Dairy Farm Road into
      the parking lot on the farm.
      From MD 3, take MD 175 west. Follow it for approximately 1.25 miles. Do not
      turn left onto Dairy Farm Lane. Go just beyond it to the intersection at
      Dairy Farm Road. Turn LEFT onto Dairy Farm Road. Take the first left off
      Dairy Farm Road into the parking lot on the farm.

      Awards & Fees:

      IVV Credit Only

      Comments:

      Celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Chesapeake Bay Country Wanderers as we
      return to the location of our first walk. Participation is FREE to all. The
      club will pay all participation fees for those desiring credit toward
      IVV/AVA event and distance awards as a birthday present to our members and
      friends.
      Pets are not allowed on the farm.

      Host Club:

      Chesapeake Bay Country Wanderers