  • Wendy Bumgardner
    Mar 21, 2014
      3/22/2014 Two Walks
      City / State: Baltimore, MD
      -
      Event Name: Waterfront Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 98223
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5KM & 10KM & 11KM - 1A
      and historic areas. It follows the waterfront trail to the Inner Harbor
      area. It tours Little Italy, Fells Point, and the Canton business and
      residential areas on the return. The walk will have curbs. Strollers and
      wheelchairs may have difficulty in some areas.
      Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Bakeries Family Owned, Celebrating Golden Cinemas,
      Civil War Battlefields, Diners, Fraternal Organization, Honoring Our
      Flag, National Register of Historic Places
      -
      Event Name: Patterson Park
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 98231
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5KM & 10KM - 1A
      and historic areas. It goes to Patterson Park through the Canton,
      Highlandtown, and Little Italy communities. The walk will have curbs.
      Strollers and wheelchairs may have difficulty in some areas.
      Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Bakeries Family Owned, Celebrating Golden Cinemas,
      Diners, Honoring Our Flag, Murals, National Register of Historic Places,
      WPA Works Projects Administration
      -
      Start Times: 8:00 AM to 12 PM, finish by 3:00 PM
      Location: Coopermine Du Burns Arena
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 1301 South Elwood Ave., Baltimore, MD
      21224. From the north or south on I-95 toward Baltimore: Take exit 57
      (Baltimore Travel Plaza exit) to O’Donnell-Boston St. If you are coming
      from the south you will need to be in a right lane of the Fort McHenry
      tunnel as Exit 57 is shortly after the toll plaza. At the traffic light
      for Boston Street, turn west toward downtown Baltimore. Drive
      approximately 1 mile on Boston St. to the “Du” Burns Arena on the right
      at Boston St. and Ellwood Ave. Parking is available at the arena and
      across Boston St. in the park parking lot.
      Directions from the north on I-83 going to downtown Baltimore: I-83
      becomes President St. in the city. Continue on President about 0.5 miles
      to Fleet Street. Turn left onto Fleet for about 1 mile to Boston St.
      Turn right on Boston for about 1 mile to South Ellwood Ave. Parking is
      available at the arena on the left and across Boston St. in the park
      parking lot on the right.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: The event will be held in all reasonable weather conditions.
      If in doubt, contact the persons listed below. Pets are welcome but not
      inside of the
      “Du” Burns Arena. Pets must be leashed during the entire walk, and
      cleaned up after according to city regulation.
      Host Club: Baltimore Walking Club
      Contact: Frank Kupres (410) 274-8407
      Website: www.baltimorewalkingclub.com
      E-Mail Contact: fkupres@...

      ===
      Top 10 Walks in the USA
      Final Results!
      http://walking.about.com/od/top-ten-walks/tp/Top-10-Walks-in-the-USA-2013.htm

      Find Maryland Walks and Walking Clubs
      http://walking.about.com/od/eventswalks/a/marylandwalks.htm

      Find Virginia Walks and Walking Clubs
      http://walking.about.com/od/eventswalks/a/virginiawalks.htm

      =========

      3/29/2014
      City / State: Glenwood, MD
      Event Name: Western Regional Park
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 98296
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K/05K - 2B
      school grounds. The walk will be on paved paths. The 10K will include
      grass fields and natural surface wooded trails.
      Amenities: Strollers: | Wheelchairs: | Pets: | Restrooms:
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 8:00 to 11:00
      Location: Gary J. Arthur Community Center at Glenwood
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 2400 Route 97
      Cooksville, MD 21723
      From I-95 take MD-100 W toward Ellicott City
      Take US-29 N toward I-70
      Take I-70 West
      Take Rt 97 South
      After Crossing Frederick Road, Rt 144, travel about one mile.
      The Center will be on the right in close proximity to the Glenwood Library
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments:
      Host Club: Columbia Volksmarch Club
      Contact: John Dye (410) 290-6510
      Website: www.mdvolks.org/CVC
      E-Mail Contact: johndye@...

      4/5/2014
      City / State: Germantown, MD
      Event Name:
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 96120
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 6km/10km - 2A
      hills. Restrooms are available at the Start Point. Pets are allowed, but
      must be leashed at all times during the walk. This walk will be held
      regardless of the weather, unless conditions cause the sponsors to close
      the trails for safety reasons. Water and candy will be available at the
      Start Point. 10 km trail rated 2A; 6 km trail rated 1A
      Amenities: Strollers: easy | Wheelchairs: easy | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Cities in Song, Honoring Our Flag, Lakes and
      Reservoirs, Rainbow Color-Named Places, Trekking With the Trees, You'll
      Never Walk Alone
      Start Times: Registration: 8AM - 11AM; Finish by 2PM
      Location: International House of Pancakes-IHOP
      Start Point / Driving Directions: IHOP, 20009 Century Boulevard,
      Germantown, Maryland 20874. Parking is available in the IHOP parking lot.
      DIRECTIONS TO START POINT:
      FROM I-270 GOING NORTH: Merge onto MD-118S/Germantown Rd. via Exit 15B.
      *Turn right onto Aircraft Dr. Take 1st right onto Century Blvd. Turn
      right into IHOP parking lot.
      FROM I-270 GOING SOUTH: Take Exit 15B-A. Merge onto MD 118S/Germantown
      Rd. via Exit 15B. Continue from * above.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: 10 km trail rated 2A
      6 km trail rated 1A
      Host Club: Seneca Valley Sugarloafers