1639Walk Saturday March 22, 2014 Baltimore, MD

  • Robert Schmick
    Mar 19, 2014

      This is one of my favorite walks. 3 of us will meet at the Sip n Bite at 7:15  for breakfast. It is on Boston Street at Aliceanna. Join us if you want.

      The Car pool will leave the Melting Pot at 8:00 AM.

      Bob

      Dates:

      3/22/2014 - 3/22/2014

      City / State:

      Baltimore, MD

      Event Name:

      Waterfront Walk

      Event Type:

      Walk

      Event ID:

      98223

      Distance - Trail Ratings:

      5KM & 10KM & 11KM - 1A

      The trail will offer a different view of the city, harbor, and historic areas. It follows the waterfront trail to the Inner Harbor area. It tours Little Italy, Fells Point, and the Canton business and residential areas on the return. The walk will have curbs. Strollers and wheelchairs may have difficulty in some areas.

      Amenities:

      Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes

      Special Programs:

      Bakeries Family Owned, Celebrating Golden Cinemas, Civil War Battlefields, Diners, Fraternal Organization, Honoring Our Flag, National Register of Historic Places

      Start Times:

      8:00 AM to 12 PM, finish by 3:00 PM

      Location:

      Coopermine Du Burns Arena

      Start Point / Driving Directions:

      1301 South Elwood Ave., Baltimore, MD 21224. From the north or south on I-95 toward Baltimore: Take exit 57 (Baltimore Travel Plaza exit) to O’Donnell-Boston St. If you are coming from the south you will need to be in a right lane of the Fort McHenry tunnel as Exit 57 is shortly after the toll plaza. At the traffic light for Boston Street, turn west toward downtown Baltimore. Drive approximately 1 mile on Boston St. to the “Du” Burns Arena on the right at Boston St. and Ellwood Ave. Parking is available at the arena and across Boston St. in the park parking lot.

      Directions from the north on I-83 going to downtown Baltimore: I-83 becomes President St. in the city. Continue on President about 0.5 miles to Fleet Street. Turn left onto Fleet for about 1 mile to Boston St. Turn right on Boston for about 1 mile to South Ellwood Ave. Parking is available at the arena on the left and across Boston St. in the park parking lot on the right.

      Awards & Fees:

      IVV Credit Only

      Comments:

      The event will be held in all reasonable weather conditions. If in doubt, contact the persons listed below. Pets are welcome but not inside of the
      “Du” Burns Arena. Pets must be leashed during the entire walk, and cleaned up after according to city regulation.

      Host Club:

      Baltimore Walking Club

      Contact:

      Frank Kupres (410) 274-8407