1591Walk Saturday 11/9/13 & 11/10/13 Gettysburg, PA

  • Robert Schmick
    Nov 6, 2013

      The walks this weekend are in Gettysburg, I will meet the group and lead you to the Adams County Winery. Call me from the road and let me know when you will get there. Sunday I will walk the Battlefield for anyone wanting to meet me.

      Days Inn Gettysburg, 865 York Rd, Gettysburg, PA 17325 ***** From the North or South: Take US 15 to the York St (US-30) Exit. Follow US 30 West/York St towards Gettysburg for one mile to Days Inn. Located on the left side behind Perkins Restaurant.

      Bob

      Dates:

      11/9/2013 - 11/9/2013

      City / State:

      Gettysburg/Orrtanna - Haunted Gettysburg Winery Walk, , PA

      Event Name:

      Event Type:

      Walk

      Event ID:

      93339

      Distance - Trail Ratings:

      5, 6, & 11K - 2C

      This walk has a 5K loop in the fruit orchards and vineyards above the winery and a 6K loop on country roads. Both loops must be done for 11K credit. The 5K trail is not suitable for wheelchairs or strollers.

      Amenities:

      Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes

      Special Programs:

      Rainbow Color-Named Places

      Start Times:

      9:00 am - noon

      Location:

      Adams County Winery

      Start Point / Driving Directions:

      251 Peach Tree Rd, Orrtanna, PA 17353 ****From the square in Gettysburg, go west on Chambersburg St (US 30). In 8 miles, turn left at the blinking light, towards Cashtown. There are well-marked signs for the Winery at this intersection and every turn you will make from here. Proceed towards Cashtown for one mile. After one mile, the road dead-ends. Turn left. In 100 yards, turn right, following the sign to Orrtanna. In about one mile, you will come to another dead-end and stop sign. Turn right. At the fork in the road, keep to the left. In less than a mile, at the bottom of the hill, turn right on Peach Tree Road. In 1/3 mile, turn left onto the dirt road and proceed mile to the Winery.

      Awards & Fees:

      A Award

      Comments:

      Food and beverage will be available for purchase at the winery. You will be able to purchase wine by the bottle or glass. Non-alcoholic beverages will be available. ***** Join us for dinner Saturday night at 7:00 PM at General Pickett's Buffet. Cost is $12.95, which includes meal, drink, tax, and tip. Make a reservation by sending a check, payable to "YWRW", to Gloria Rudacille; 310 Cherry St; York, PA 17402. For more information, call Gloria at (717) 578-2085 or gigglesrjg@.... ***** Hotel Reservations can be made at the Days Inn Gettysburg at the rate of $62.10 plus tax. Reservations must be made by Oct 8, 2013. Call (717) 334-0030 and request the “York White Rose Wanderers” rate. ***** The "A" Award is a 1" hat pin.

      Host Club:

      York White Rose Wanderers

      Contact:

      Tom Jackson (717) 309-6088