1582Walk Saturday 10/19/13 Ellicott City, MD

  • Robert Schmick
    Oct 16, 2013

      A Great event, a Parade on Main Street, what more could want. Car pool will leave the Melting Pot at 8:00 AM. Lunch at a local Brew Pub.

      Bob

      Dates:

      10/19/2013 - 10/19/2013

      City / State:

      Ellicott City, MD

      Event Name:

      Ellicott City

      Event Type:

      Walk

      Event ID:

      95398

      Distance - Trail Ratings:

      10km/05km - 2A

      The trail is through downtown Ellicott City (Howard County) crosses the Patapsco River into Baltimore County; goes on The Number 9 Trolley Trail into parts of Catonsville. The trail is along sidewalks, road shoulders and trail paths.

      Amenities:

      Strollers: | Wheelchairs: | Pets: | Restrooms:

      Special Programs:

      Celebrating Golden Cinemas, Fraternal Organization, Main Street, Murals

      Start Times:

      8:00 - 11:00

      Location:

      "new" Roger Carter Center

      Start Point / Driving Directions:

      3000 Milltown Drive
      (new road off Ellicott Mills Drive formerly Mt. Ida Drive)
      Ellicott City, MD 21043

      DIRECTIONS:
      From the North: From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695), take Exit 16,
      I-70 West toward Frederick. Follow I-70 about 4.5 miles and take Exit 87-A, Route 29 South toward Columbia. Follow directions "From Route 29" below.

      From the South and East: From I-95, take Route 100 West toward Ellicott City (Exit 43B). At end of Route 100, take Route 29 North toward Ellicott City. Follow directions From Route 29 below.

      From Route 29, Follow Route 29 to the Route 40 East, Ellicott City exit. Exit Route 29 and follow Route 40 East to the traffic signal at Rogers Ave. Turn RIGHT on Rogers Ave and follow for mile to intersection of Rogers Ave and Court House Drive. Keep LEFT and follow Court House Drive. Turn RIGHT just past the Howard County Office Complex toward Ellicott City Historic Dist. on Ellicott Mills Drive. Turn RIGHT at Milltown Drive to the Start/Finish point at the new Roger Carter Recreation Center, which will be on your right.

      Awards & Fees:

      IVV Credit Only