1574Walks Saturday 9/28 - Two cities Frederick, MD & Lovettsville, VA

  • Robert Schmick
    Sep 25, 2013

      Our club has done this the last 3 years. We don’t want to miss either walk so we will do a 5K at each. Car pool will leave the Melting Pot at 8:00 AM.

      Lunch will be in Lovettsville Oktoberfest.

      Bob

      Dates:

      9/28/2013 - 9/28/2013

      City / State:

      Frederick, MD

      Event Name:

      Frederick Octoberfest

      Event Type:

      Walk

      Event ID:

      93594

      Distance - Trail Ratings:

      10K and 5K - 1A

      Amenities:

      Strollers: easy | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes

      Special Programs:

      Bakeries Family Owned, Baseball Walks, Celebrating Golden Cinemas, Murals

      Start Times:

      9am - 12:00 pm, finish by 3:00 pm

      Location:

      Frederick Octoberfest

      Start Point / Driving Directions:

      797 E. Patrick St., Frederick, MD 21701.
      From the WEST, leave I-70 at Exit 55 and follow the signs to the Fairgrounds. At Patrick St. at stop light, (MD 144) turn right for 1 block, turn left on Monroe and enter the Fairgrounds at Gate #3.

      From the EAST leave I-70 at Exit 56, continue straight and follow signs to Fairgrounds. At Monroe Ave, turn right (Liberty Gas Station on left) and enter the Fairgrounds at Gate #3. Park and walk to the left (south) end of the Fest Hall, the largest building ahead of you on your left.

      Awards & Fees:

      IVV Credit Only

      Comments:

      WALKERS will enjoy FREE ENTRY into the Oktoberfest.

      Host Club:

      Piedmont Pacers

      Contact:

      Jerry Baugher (301) 922-1592

      Website:

      www.angelfire.com/md2/pacers/index.html

      E-Mail Contact:

      JGBaugher@...

      Dates:

      9/28/2013 - 9/28/2013

      City / State:

      Lovettsville, VA

      Event Name:

      Oktoberfest

      Event Type:

      Walk

      Event ID:

      95231

      Distance - Trail Ratings:

      5 & 11 km - 1A

      Routes on quiet country roads and through quaint German settlement of Lovettsville.

      Amenities:

      Strollers: easy | Wheelchairs: easy | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes

      Special Programs:

      This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.

      Start Times:

      8 am-noon

      Location:

      Lovettsville Game Preservation Association, 16 S. Berlin Pike (Route 287), Lovettsville VA 20180

      Start Point / Driving Directions:

      From Washington DC: from I-495 Beltway exit 12 take Dulles Toll Road west to end, then Dulles Greenway to Leesburg (alternately, VA Route 7 west from I-495 Beltway exit 10), then VA Route 7 west , then VA Route 9 west to VA Route 287 (stop light), and right 6.5 miles to Lovettsville. From Frederick, MD: US Route 15 south, then US Route 340 west, take the MD Route 17 east exit and through Brunswick, MD, and across Potomac River (where it becomes VA Route 287) and 3 miles to Lovettsville.

      Awards & Fees:

      IVV Credit Only

      Comments:

      Enjoy the village Oktoberfest with its crafts and German food and beer at the end of your walk. Bonnie's, near the start, offers breakfast and lunch menus at reasonable prices.

      Host Club:

      Loudoun Walking & Volkssport Club

      Contact:

      Bob Wright (703) 737-2175