FL Oct 6th Caloosahatchee event

  • BevMNeill@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2001
      I apologize to those of you who may receive this multiple times. But, I want
      to alert as many as I can at this late date, and I know of no other way.

      Due to some Tropical Storms and over abundance of seasonal rains, our walk at
      Caloosahatchee Regional Park (Fort Myers Meandering Manatees) this coming
      Saturday, the 6th, must be canceled at this time. This park is all natural
      trails, and a wetlands, and is still a "work in progress". Someday there will
      be higher paths and some boardwalks. For now though, it is a soggy mess and
      no possible dry, paved, alternate routes.

      The walk is being rescheduled for February 16, 2002. For those who have
      brochures for the October 6th event already, please consult those for
      details. Not much will change except that there will not be the National
      Volkssport Month patch. You may also consult our website shown below in the
      fourth line of my signature. Our webmaven, Erika, may not have the change
      right away, but she will have it out there soon.

      Speaking of National Volkssport Month patches, I just happen to have 10 of
      them for the first club with October events which contacts me. I paid $2.50
      each and $4.00 s&h. Can anyone use them?

      I hope this does not inconvenience anyone and if you already planned a trip
      south for next Saturday, or to a local walk, don't forget about the year
      rounds here -- Downtown Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, and Sanibel. There is
      also Venice and Highlands Hammock at Sebring. You can probably expect
      standing water at Highlands Hammock as well.

      I hope no one is inconvenienced by this. Please help me out by spreading the
      word on this as much as you are able, I know its very short notice.

      Stay Footloose . . . Bev
      Fort Myers (FL) Meandering Manatees Volkssport Club
      Visit our Home Page:
      http://angelfire.com/fl3/walkmanny/index.html
      Visit Florida's Home Page:
      http://angelfire.com/fl3/fva