Another sports article on Racealking

  • wtechnology@pdqnet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2000
      I aplogize if this article has already been submitted. Below is correspondence between the author and myself.

      Roger,

      If it wasn't evident that I admired Jane Saville and her ability to do what she does, then I'll just have to get out of journalism alltogether -- but I'm pretty sure it was evident. I noted that Americans in general think of race-walking as silly, and on that count -- even if people are dead wrong about it -- I can safely say that I'm on solid ground.

      You're right, of course, about the warning system, but that clearly wasn't my point. And I quoted Jane extensively about what a fine line the racers tread in trying to go as fast as possible without breaking the rules.

      I found it an incredibly compelling human moment. I'm almost positive I did everything I could to convey that notion.

      Mark