[walklist] Walklist: Fl. clubs honored at Muncie

  • Ann dela Fuente
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 1999
      In addition to the individual awards Ron Barnett mentioned, the following
      clubs were honored

      Gold Medal - Patrick Pacers
      Silver Medal - Suncoast Sandpipers and Happy Wanderers

      Trailblazer Award went to Happy Wanderers - following is taken from the
      convention awards booklet:

      For significant contributions to trail development in Florida and Georgia.
      Recognized by volkssporters for excellence in Year Round Events (YREs) for
      two years running. Having 2 YRE trails in the 1998 Top 10 AVA listing.
      Holding and maintaining 20+ YREs. Initiating the "Going North for the
      Summer" weekly series of sanctioned events to provide group walks and for
      introducing community participation to AVA trail awareness.

      Way to go, my Fl. clubs. I'm proud of y'all.

      Past-President, Florida Volkssport Assn.

      ---
      Visit Wendy's About.com Walking Page http://walking.about.com
      Search Walklist messages or read and post from the Web at
      http://lyris1.telelists.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=walklist
      To join Walklist, send a blank email to join-walklist@...
      You are currently subscribed to walklist as: ListSaver-of-walklist@...