[walklist] walking in the netherlands

  • evelien kousemaker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 1999
      I read the message of Dave Dominey,who remigrated from the Netherlands to his home country.I m dutch AND living in the Netherlands.It is true that there is a lot of walking and bicycling in our country.There are organisations who try to create long distance FOOTpaths all over the Netherlands and all over Europe..so for instance you can walk all the way from Amsterdam to Nice (in France).
      My husband and I are walking along those trails every single holiday we have..we are carrying our (very light!) backpacks,but we spend the nights in good and cosy hotels (if we can find them..that is!)Its an ideal way of learning about a region and meeting a lot of different people...and you have a good excuse for fully enjoying italian,french and other good cuisines...For us ithas become the ONLY way of holidaying!

    • evelien kousemaker
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 1999
        For all those who have asked me about walking and sightseeing in the Netherlands.
        Go and see www.noord-holland-tourist.nl It is an official tourist office site.(also in english!).Allow me to add a personal advice: get yourself a good walking map of Amsterdam,put on those good old walking shoes and go for it! It is a small city and many people speak some english...