[CO] Manitou Springs Flooding

  • Russ Bechtold
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2013
      Some of you have expressed concern and we thank you.

      This is the second major flood to hit this town in a month, both
      byproducts of the disastrous Waldon Canyon Fire last year. While
      several hundred home were destroyed during that conflagration, the burn
      scar simply will not hold back any significant run-off from the thunder
      storms we have been getting this year.

      US24 west of Colorado Springs has been closed several times, effectively
      cutting off Woodland Park and the other communities to the west, with
      few practical alternate routes. What is normally a 20 mile commute from
      Colorado Springs to Woodland Park is now a 100 mile drive, some of it
      near where the Royal Gorge Fire burned earlier this year.

      Such is life in the west.

      --
      Russ Bechtold
      719-667-5662