FW: [walklist] Surgeon General's proposed call to action on walking

  • Nancy Wittenberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2013
      I have received notices requesting comments on the Surgeon General's
      proposed call to action on walking. I think I have cleaned them up
      sufficiently to get through visually on the Walk list. America Walks sent
      this as part of the Every Body Walk Collaborative. You can go to
      www.regulations.gov and put in the Docket number mentioned below to see
      comments already made and enter your own.

      Nancy Wittenberg
      ----------
      Comment period is open until April 30.
      Federal Register Notice Now Open:

      Comment on an anticipated Surgeon General's call to action on walking

      National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion

      DIVISION OF NUTRITION, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, AND OBESITY (DNPAO)

      April 2013
      U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

      The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the Department of Health
      and Human Services has announced the opening of a docket to obtain
      information from the public on walking as an effective way to be
      sufficiently active for health. The information obtained will be used to
      frame an anticipated Surgeon General's call to action on this issue.

      The notice can be found at www.regulations.gov. The 30-day public comment
      period began April 1 and ends Tuesday, April 30th. The notice requests
      information on ways to increase walking and community walkability on the
      following topics:

      (1) Barriers to walking for youth; adults; seniors; persons with
      developmental, injury, and chronic disease-related disabilities; racial and
      ethnic minorities, and low-income individuals.

      (2) Evidence-based strategies for overcoming those barriers and their reach
      and impact to increase physical activity at the population level and among
      the above mentioned subpopulations.

      Please consider providing input to the docket and sharing this announcement
      with stakeholders who may also be interested.

      To provide input go to www.regulations.gov.

      In the search box type the Docket No. CDC-2013-0003