[CO] Falcon Wanderers Anniversary Volksmarch

  • Russ Bechtold
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2011
      Greetings Walkers!
      The Falcon Wanderers will be celebrating their 30th anniversary on
      Saturday, May 7, with a volksmarch at Fountain Creek Regional Park,
      Fountain, CO.

      You're all planning to come, right?

      We will also be doing community service by picking up trash along the trail.
      Start/finish is Pavilion #1, Duckwood Active Use Area, from 9:00-noon,
      finish by 3:00 p.m. There are 5K and 10K trails for your walking
      pleasure. Our event coordinator, Mike Nelson, has designed a special
      30th Anniversary patch for this event; only 75 will be available, with
      no reorder.
      The walk is mostly on dirt trails within the park and is rated 1.
      Strollers can complete the trail, with difficulty, but wheelchairs
      cannot complete the trail. The Regional Director's stamp will be
      available at this event and there will be live music by Die Edelweiss
      Musik from 10:00-noon.
      From I-25, take exit #132 and go east to Highway 16 for 1/2 mile. Take
      the Security exit to the Highway 85/87 junction. Turn south (right) and
      go one mile to Duckwood Road. Turn west (right) on Duckwood Road, then
      an immediate left and follow the road to the end and Pavilion #1.
      For information, contact Mike Nelson at 719-495-0404, Russ Bechtold at
      719-667-5662, or visit the Falcon Wanderers website:
      www.falconwanderers.org <http://www.falconwanderers.org>
      We hope to see all of you on May 7.
      Linda Nyman
      Falcon Wanderers Trailmeister