Fw: Lyle, WA walk schedule

  • Nancy Wittenberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2009
      The Klickitat Trail Conservancy has just informed us that the first 2 miles of the Klickitat Trail from Lyle to the Fisher Hill bridge will be closed until September 15 for work on the gravel surface. This essentially takes out the 7K and a big part of the 11K.
      There's no indication of blasting work as previously mentioned.

      I would suggest driving up the Klickitat River (east side) to the Fisher Hill bridge, and parking at the turnout on the Klickitat river side of the road just before the bridge. Start your walk there (see walk directions.). Walk as far as you want and return. Crossing the bridge you'll see Lyle Falls upriver. You should also see fishing activity. To get the museum challenge, do the first part of the walk in town and return to the start -- 2k.

      Nancy Wittenberg